Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
tonyjab

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
trigger

Have you tried a woldf reduced power spring midway has then part no 521191 or my favorite a jp enterprise part no 579878also from midway usa both are under 10 bucks
Old 11-20-2016, 11:08 PM
mopardude318
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
giving this thread a bump. you guys get this trigger thing situated? I'm looking for a trigger upgrade as well.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:03 AM
robbinsp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I guess I'll give this thread a bump.

I just got my rifle shipped to my dealer today. Let me just say that I'm quite excited to get my bipod and scope mounted. I went with a vortex 4-16x44. Got 20 and 25 grain ammo.

Here's my first pic...

Oh lucky me, can't find the upload photo option. Any suggestions?
Old 12-16-2016, 12:42 AM
mopardude318
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
once you click on post reply, scroll down to manage attachments, then you can chose your file from your PC.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:14 PM
robbinsp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs down

I may not post attachments.

Says it in permissions at bottom of the page. I am a new member so I really do understand.

Perhaps I need to wander around on other threads and create a few posts first.

Thanks

Last edited by Steve in IN; 12-18-2016 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Asterisks
Old 12-18-2016, 09:31 PM
Steve in IN
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Moderators aren't supposed to edit posts that break the rules but rather delete them, but I edited yours since you're new. Please reread the rules you agreed to when you joined. We are not allowed to curse or substitute characters like asterisks for cursing. If you type a word that turns into asterisks, you know 100% that you used a bad word and need to change it.

Most of us use a photo hosting site, like Imgur or Photobucket, for posting photos.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:51 PM
robbinsp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow, thanks for editing my post. i should have read that fine print a little closer. usually, the ********* (asterisks) seem to work fine on most other sites.

Uploads will not be on their way, as i do not have a photobucket account. I was going to say that my first 50 rounds through my rifle had 2 FTF's due to light firing pin strikes, but FWIW the rifle is great accuracy wise. the round itself is amazing.

If i could post pics i would but will find another site to do so. time is money and you know what a picture is worth.

ill contribute elsewhere, have fun guys and be safe.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Glass37
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not that I'm trying to encourage more cursing but, have you heard how grade school kids talk lately?
Old 12-22-2016, 07:25 PM
Steve in IN

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That's what we're trying to put a stop to. Or at least not have them learn it here.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:05 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass37 View Post
Not that I'm trying to encourage more cursing but, have you heard how grade school kids talk lately?
Hah, lately? How quickly we forget.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:13 PM
mvonbeamer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought my F17 back in August and had a cam pin break that caused damage to the piston.. Franklin fixed the rifle and I got it back about 3 weeks ago. I love shooting it and it is very accurate but I have more light primer strikes than I believe I should. I fired about 100 rounds today and had at least 7 misfires. Before the cam pin broke I was having up to a 15 percent failure rate with Winchester being the worst. Does anyone else have problems with light primer strikes? I just want to know if this is a common issue or is it my rifle. thanks
Old 12-29-2016, 08:49 PM
Ledslnger

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9ozzy View Post
Anyone that owns the rifle or a variation of it, how are you liking it? I'm seriously considering getting one. I just wanted to get some opinions from the guys that own one or have hands on experience. I saw Eric's video review and it was very informative. I was wanting to see if anyone else would chime in with their experiences with it. I don't drop $2000 on a rifle very often (actually never) and just trying to gather as much info as possible before I commit. Thanks greatly.
Honestly, I can't see spending that much on a rimfire semi-auto rifle when you can buy an nice AR in say .204 Ruger instead for less $$$. I do reload and .20 bullets are fairly cheap in bulk. I live in Iowa so the winters suck, so it isn't bad reloading when you don't want to go outside that often.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:28 PM
Steve in IN

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Different strokes ...
Old 12-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can't see sitting indoors all winter in Upper Michigan reloading when one can put on an extra garment and go predator hunting with a 17WSM where only rf or shotguns are allowed at nite…..exception being when its more than -10˚F.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:32 PM
Brawndo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9ozzy View Post
I really like the idea of the carbine model, but after some serious thought I believe I have decided to go with the F17-L. Here's why

Increased velocity. Potentially better accuracy however slight it may be. From personal military experience, the transition from M16 to M4 and the differences between the two in velocity, accuracy, bullet path or your hold over at various ranges were more extreme with the M4. The difference in the two rifle barrels is 4" just like the 2 Franklin armory guns. 4" can make huge difference in a barrel. It may or may not have the same effect on the 17's but all I have to go off of is my own personal experiences with guns that are basically the same setup. I don't think the advantage of better mobility and and slightly lighter gun will make up for the potential disadvantages I listed above. All I can do is assume until someone does an in-depth comparison of the two side by side with a chronograph and being fired at different ranges for poi comparison. Another reason is I was also in addition to the F17-L was thinking of picking up an Alexander Arms .17hmr AR. This would provide a carbine type rifle for me that would suit those needs/wants like a carry around hunting rifle (Squirrel Season and such) while the F17-L would be the big brother used for longer ranges with more fixed position shooting.

Any thoughts/opinions or knowledge is highly appreciated

i saw this elsewhere in here...

*** Franklin Armory 17 WSM, with the 16 inch barrel.
Average velocity measured at 15 feet from the muzzle was 2851 fps.

Barrel..............16" ER Shaw 1 in 9" twist
Rounds fired.......................10
Highest............................2818 fps
Lowest............................ 2801 fps
Average velocity..............2810 fps
Average deviation..................8 fps
Max deviation......................17 fps

Hornady 20gr.

and this one is from a "simulation"... for what its worth

20 gr bullet,

22" bbl=3003 fps,
21 =2975
20 =2946
19 =2914
18 =2880
17 =2844
16 =2805

Same load data was used for all bbl lengths,
Psi was 31077, (as close as I could get to the Oem psi of 32996).

It's like 150fps, 5% velocity, for 4 inches of barrel