NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Congrats Steve,

Let us know how it shoots for you.

John
Old 03-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Steve H
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon2525 View Post
How did you get such a good look at the bore? I was going to look at mine and post a picture of it but could not do that.
bore light in the chamber and macro close up at the muzzle
Old 03-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Steve H
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
here is the test target from Henry
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Broadus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
Henry received the gun on the 3rd of this month. Today, 8 days later I have the gun back with a new barrel and an unbelievable test target.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Good to hear. Thanks for the update, Steve.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:07 PM
NRA republican
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The bore of my Henry H001 has many similar circular cuts perpendicular to and into the lands and grooves, within a couple inches of the chamber and starting 1/2" or so from the muzzle--that's as far as I can see. There appears to be one circular band protruding from the lands and grooves near the muzzle. I've never seen anything like this.

I would expect this to cause excess fouling. However, my clean bore, cold barrel groups with scope, bench and sandbags look generally, exactly like your factory test target, with first cold barrel shot consistently shooting to the left, remaining shots into a rather tight group to the right, with different brands of ammo.

So, I assume if I returned mine I'd get a cleanly bored barrel, less fouling, but would shoot roughly the same as long as clean of excess fouling.

I wonder how much closer the heavier octagon barrel would bring the first cold barrel shot to the following shots.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:57 AM
NRA republican

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just got my Henry H001 back from Henry apparently with a new barrel as the perpendicular and circular tooling cuts into the rifling appear to be in different places. It appears that these tooling cuts are part of the Henry trademark.

**Sending this rifle back for second time as replaced rifle appears to have approximately 100 times more of these irregular tooling cuts perpendicular to and into rifling. Accuracy is also approximately 100 times worse with replaced barrel unless cleaned after every shot. What I have now is a effectively a shotgun shooting a single projectile unless cleaned after every shot. Hopefully, this second time back, they'll make it right. Twice in a row, I get a defective barrel. I can only wonder. Maybe on the third (new gun, back once, back twice) try, they'll get it right? Patience is a virtue, right?

I would also note that they sent me WITHOUT CHARGE:
1) newer steel front sight
2) newer rear sight
3) new recover cover (one I sent in was scratched)
4) protector sock for receiver
5) new magazine?
6) return shipping label for rifle repair

Last edited by NRA republican; 11-21-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:04 AM
frankmako
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
henry will take care of you. they are a good company to deal with.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Fatboy148

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
henry will take care of you. they are a good company to deal with.
"henry will take care of you. they are a GREAT company to deal with!"

Fixed it for you.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:15 PM
NRA republican

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Henry barrel issues

After returning my Henry H001 (which I purchased new from Walmart) second time for above noted bore rifling and inaccuracy issues, 2nd time "repaired" rifle is most inaccurate 22 rifle I own, including several semi-auto's of different makes. Best 50 yd sandbag rested groups with quality scope, 1.5". Most 2-3".
I contacted Henry president today, explaining and stating, if you cannot provide me an accurate rifle without issues, then, I'd like a refund.
He replied promptly that he thought it best they give me a refund.

I'm glad so many are happy with their Henry rifles. I must be special to have such an especially inaccurate Henry rifle. I reckon this marks the end of my ownership of Henry rifles. I cannot recommend. I'm glad so many others can.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:49 PM
lv2fish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRA republican View Post
After returning my Henry H001 (which I purchased new from Walmart) second time for above noted bore rifling and inaccuracy issues, 2nd time "repaired" rifle is most inaccurate 22 rifle I own, including several semi-auto's of different makes. Best 50 yd sandbag rested groups with quality scope, 1.5". Most 2-3".
I contacted Henry president today, explaining and stating, if you cannot provide me an accurate rifle without issues, then, I'd like a refund.
He replied promptly that he thought it best they give me a refund.

I'm glad so many are happy with their Henry rifles. I must be special to have such an especially inaccurate Henry rifle. I reckon this marks the end of my ownership of Henry rifles. I cannot recommend. I'm glad so many others can.

Sorry that fell through for you.
Guess you cant win them all.
I am glad that Henry is a stand up company compared to so many others. I cant think of any other manufacturer that would actually view the customer as always right these days. They did...

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2015, 12:52 AM
NorthFork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Like many other Members on the this forum, I believe Henry to be a "First Rate" company. It's too bad Anthony Imperato isn't running the Republican Party; perhaps we could return some of our defective elected representatives for a refund.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:39 AM
JohnnyK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had the exact same deal with a Henry I had bought my son for Christmas. Only the waves actually looked worse than your picture.
When I contacted Henry they were great, had me send it in and replaced the entire gun no charge. They even sent me a new large loop lever when I called to tell them I had neglected to take the one off the gun I sent in, not thinking the entire gun would be replaced. Can't say enough about the customer service.
Well son of a gun if the replacement gun doesn't have the same waves in the lands and grooves as the first one did! Not as severe as the first one, but definitely present.
I hadn't even thought to check the bore on the new gun - just ran a few patches before we shot it and they came out clean. I thought the first barrel had to have been such a fluke it didn't enter my mind to check the new one. Pretty dumb.
My son shot it for the first time since it was replaced last week. Horrible accuracy, even with a Weaver 2.5-7x. Well - taking it out tomorrow (actually today - it's 2:40am here in Michigan) to put a few brands of ammo through it myself, benched and scoped at 50 yards. Then most likely will be calling Henry - again. Just for grins and general information I'll post the results.
Glad I didn't throw the box away!
Old 06-20-2016, 11:17 PM
JohnnyK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I have to admit I'm quite surprised at the results today. I took it out to basically get some poor groups so I would have that info. for when I called Henry.
I started off with 36 gr. MiniMags at 50 yards, shooting from a decent rest and a Weaver 2.5-7X .22 rimfire scope. I fired 4 5-shot groups after having scrubbed the barrel with a nylon bore brush and several patches. Results as follows: 1 1/4", 1 1/16", 3/8" (!!) and 15/16". That's right, a 3/8" 50 yard 5-shot group. Obviously a bit of a fluke considering the other groups, but a small thrill nonetheless.
Considering it was a very windy day here in West Michigan I was quite pleased with the results. Groups were not quite as good with Remington Golden, Norma Tac .22 or CCI Std. vel., but as long as it shoots s o m e t h i n g well for now there's always time in the future to experiment with other loads.
In conclusion - she's a keeper!.