New Charger takedown range report - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:48 AM
sixgunner
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
New Charger takedown range report

I bought the first one I came across just because I thought it was cool. I also own one of the original Chargers. First my own thoughts. The plastic case it comes in is kind of cheap, would have been nice if they would have charged just a little more and contracted out for a little better case. The barrel had some light scratches near the muzzle end, I have seen pictures of others with the same marks. Not sure what caused them. I like the BX15 mag for the Charger. The finish on the laminated stock looks fine. To do my testing I backed out the adjustment knob and installed the barrel. Then I made adjustments until the barrel would just turn and lock in. I also installed a Simmons gold medal 2.5x7 pistol scope. I tried several brands of ammo. I also tested with and without suppressor installed. All groups were fired at 25 yards. Here is the results.

Ammo type. Without suppressor. With

Federal bulk high velocity 36gr. 5/16" 2"
PMC Scoremaster. 3/8". 3/8"
Rem target. 1". 7/8"
CCI standard velocity. 3/8". 3/8"
Blazer. 1/2". 3/4"
Rem Subsonic 3/4". 7/8"
Eley Tenex. 1/4". 1/4"
CCI segmented HP subsonic. 3/8". 3/8"

Overall I am pleased. I plan on adding a better trigger as the factory trigger pull came in at
5 3/4 lbs.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:19 PM
303lithgow
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Great range report. Sure looks like it loved some ammo and hated others. I was surprised at the segmented ammo.