Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbecker View Post
I emailed Savage for the same issues, haven't heard back from them yet. Sounds like calling is the better route?
Yes on calling them. I had a couple of issues with two Savage rifles and called. My problems were quickly taken care of.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Jeremy B
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srbecker View Post
I emailed Savage for the same issues, haven't heard back from them yet. Sounds like calling is the better route?
I emailed Savage about my accuracy issues and had a response the next day but that was a year ago
Old 10-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B View Post
I emailed Savage about my accuracy issues and had a response the next day but that was a year ago
1/2 yr ago it took em a week.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:07 PM
plinkin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in IN View Post
I wouldn't normally take this public, but that doesn't "clear the air".

You've received lots of "warnings" from me, mostly just mild reminders of the rules, and simple explanation of why I had to delete posts. And I never banned you. You did receive a "time-out" from someone else, but not a ban.
I never considered those "warnings", I considered then discussions. If you considered them "warnings" then for me to consider them as such there needs to be WARNING in the subject header or at the very least a reference in the discussion that a reminder IS a warning. I am OK with that.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:33 PM
MAArcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired4now740 View Post
I just got off the phone with Savage Arms about issues with their B-Mag not igniting a round of ammo until 2nd or 3rd time, accuracy 1.5 to 1.75" @ 50yds from the bench and cartridge cases splitting at the shoulder and mouth. They are sending my UPS driver tomorrow to pick it up at their expense no arguing, fussing, or threatening, just good customer service! THANKS Savage Arms, I hope to get a better rifle this time around.
I'd wait to get your gun back before you call it good service.

I sent mine in three weeks ago and now that they have both my money and my gun they've stopped responding to emails. All I've been asking for is a more definitive date range I could expect the replacement rifle other than "Some time next year".
Old 12-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
I never considered those "warnings", I considered then discussions. If you considered them "warnings" then for me to consider them as such there needs to be WARNING in the subject header or at the very least a reference in the discussion that a reminder IS a warning. I am OK with that.
Warning, my tongue is hemorrhaging Steve.

I believe Savage CS would be fine if they weren't swamped with Bmags.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good point, Al. I bet they are swamped with returned BMAGs. Your returned rifle must have gotten lost in a corner somewhere for 6 months.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:18 PM
MAArcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Savage hasn't responded to my last two emails asking for a more definitive time frame for receiving my new gun. I just sent another email yesterday that said that I felt that taking my money, and my gun, was stealing. I said that if they couldn't give me a more reasonable answer than "you'll get a gun some time next year" by tomorrow then I'd be filing a complaint with the BBB (looks like I'll be the second to do so over the BMAG) and I'll be taking them to small claims.

I've never used small claims court or the BBB before and I'm curious how it works so looks like they are giving me a perfect opportunity. Now a $300 BMAG will cost them about $2k in their own legal defense services plus whatever expenses I'm able to claim. All because they couldn't be bothered to respond to an email saying "It will be in January" or "August" or whatever they think it will be.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:32 AM
MAArcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just called customer service instead of emailing them. The guy on the phone said they just started replacing bmags returned in November and there was a rack of guns being prepped to ship and that mine should be on it and shipping in the next week or so. Hopefully there not giving me a load of crap.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:36 PM
farm boy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A phone call to any business will get you further and faster than a e-mail. The personal touch will usually go a lot further and faster.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:14 PM
MAArcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Jimbob View Post
Mod note: quoted message deleted.

Your story makes sense. If they can put off the bulk of the returns until after the 1st they can put off reporting a loss. They have to do something like that to avoid breaking loan covenants with their lenders. You just never know what's going on behind the scenes I guess.

I just shot my heavy barrel off a rest at 50 yards and it shot about an inch. Haven't shot it at 100 but I assume it will shoot 2". It will be good enough to get me through the coyote season I guess.

I will still be having visions in dancing in my head of a sub MOA thin barrel BMAG coming back from savage before Christmas though.

Last edited by Steve in IN; 12-16-2014 at 08:54 AM. Reason: quoted post that was deleted
Old 12-16-2014, 04:30 PM
MAArcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just received a response to my nasty gram email and have been told by Paul Smarrelli, Manager, Technical Services, that BMAGs are being a replaced in a first in fist out fashion and that they are looking to have all replacement BMAGs shipped out to customers in January. I'll miss half my coyote season but if I get a gun back that shoots close to MOA, I'll bite my tongue and consider my self lucky.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:44 PM
savage01

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAArcher View Post
Just called customer service instead of emailing them. The guy on the phone said they just started replacing bmags returned in November and there was a rack of guns being prepped to ship and that mine should be on it and shipping in the next week or so. Hopefully there not giving me a load of crap.
Typical CS BS. I returned mine in May and have not yet received a replacement.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:47 AM
MAArcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got an email, UPS is supposed to show up with my replacement BMAG today, horray!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAArcher View Post
Got an email, UPS is supposed to show up with my replacement BMAG today, horray!
Can we have your party the same time the Packers are shellacking the Cowboys this Sunday? Congrats on your patience also.