Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:37 PM
onehandgunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"WHAT" to do with my Single 10---

Last summer I was so hot-to-trot for a Single 10. Had my LGS order one. I went to the range a few times with it, put 300 or so rounds thru it, shoots fine but I just can't warm up to it. I have a Ruger SS SBH and I like it but the Single 10 just does not speak to me. I have a blue 4.6" Single Six Conv. and love it dearly. Just don't know what to do with it. I have thought about a 9.5" bbl. for it. Also thought about a shoulder stock and legal barrel but don't have a source for such a conversion. I have even considered selling it. I live in N.W. Washington and would only sell face to face to a local able to own a firearm. Any more ideas ? Thanks Jerry
Old 04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Put it up for sale or hang on to it. My only advice is based on my experience that I've regretted selling a gun much more often than I've regretted buying one.

I'd hang onto it for awhile. If you decide to sell, waiting isn't going to hurt it's value any.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Rimfiregal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My ST is the most accurate Single I've owned, yet, and, over the years, I've owned more than a dozen Single Sixes of every type. In fact, it shoots nearly as well as my fully modded MK III Comp. Be one of the last pistols I would sell, but that's me. Each to their own, as always.

Some folks don't care for the slimmer gunfighter grips (I'm one who loves them), so you might try going with standard SS grips for a different feel. If you don't like the Williams sights, you can always change to standard SS sights or even add a scope or red dot via a Weigand mount. There are also some distributor exclusive versions you might consider, too.

Hate to see you sell your ST, but the good news is you should be able to get a good price for it, at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 08:17 PM
98_1LE

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
I couldn't shoot mine well, but a buddy that is a revolver guy shot it great. I sold it on here.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 PM
YoSam22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I believe that guns can be clutter just like anything else. They're still making em by the thousands so if you sell it and regret it, there will be another one just like it out there.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Moeregaard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just shoot it some more and it will grow on you. 15 years ago, I bought a Single Six Bisley to complement my .357 Bisley. For the first couple of years I rarely took it out of the safe. Today, it's one of my favorites and I would never part with it. I've found that I've regretted selling guns far more than I've regretted keeping them. Your Single Ten doesn't eat, and it's not going to go bad, so I'd just hang on to it.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:18 AM
onehandgunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for all the replies. I just don't care for the gun. The sights are "okay", I don't mind them. The grips are too skinny for me. I did put on better grips, but still not a keeper. It is just that the gun does not speak to me like my others do. I don't care for the balance, my Single Six Blue 4.6" is perfect. I will sell the 10 but not on an internet sale. It will be to a Washington resident that is eligible for firearm ownership. I will ask $475.00.

Last edited by onehandgunner; 04-17-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Redlegvzv
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehandgunner View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I just don't care for the gun. The sights are "okay", I don't mind them. The grips are too skinny for me. I did put on better grips, but still not a keeper. It is just that the gun does not speak to me like my others do. I don't care for the balance, my Single Six Blue 4.6" is perfect. I will sell the 10 but not on an internet sale. It will be to a Washington resident that is eligible for firearm ownership. I will ask $475.00.
Dang me I wish that you were local. I would love to own a Single Ten. Perfect complement to my Single Nine.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:32 AM
Bucolic Buffalo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehandgunner View Post
The Single Ten looks like a fun gun to shoot but I've got the Single Six convertible and a S&W model 622. so I really don't need another .22lr revolver. I hope you are able to get your asking price.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Lipsey's has a distributor exclusive stainless Single 10 with 4.63" barrel. Why don't you sell yours and get that one that you already know you like the balance of?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
onehandgunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Markbo, the Lipsey's model is on my list. I had a price quote but the gun is on "allotted" status. So, I will wait.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM
onehandgunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got back from the Custer Gun Club a bit ago after shooting the 4 5/8" blue Six and the SS 5.5" Single 10. I really like the Single Six better but the 10 is good. I swapped the fiber optic sights just now and will return to the range in a day or two, I have shot the 10 with regular iron sights before and I do prefer them. I'll give it another try.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Crazy Carl
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Try swapping out the sights-

Went from being disappointed in its accuracy, to hitting a 3" steel plate, 10 for 10, offhand at 25yds. Very fun gun.

Put me in the camp of those who love the gunfighter grips. I've got big ol' meathooks & the slimmer grips are much more comfortable.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:39 PM
onehandgunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Carl, I could not hit a 3" plate with a baseball bat at 2' never mind 25yds with a gun. I'll get to the range tomorrow and give it another try.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 AM
slickracer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
Try swapping out the sights-

Went from being disappointed in its accuracy, to hitting a 3" steel plate, 10 for 10, offhand at 25yds. Very fun gun.

Put me in the camp of those who love the gunfighter grips. I've got big ol' meathooks & the slimmer grips are much more comfortable.
Would you mind sharing where you got that front site? Thanks!