Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
gregw72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dynapoint White box Versus Dynapoint GT

I recently contact Winchester and asked them what the difference between the two is. They responded:

Thank you for contacting Winchester Ammunition.

The only difference between WD22LRB and DYNA22LRD is the packaging. Both have a 40 grain Dyna-Point Hollow Point bullet loaded to a muzzle
velocity of 1150 FPS.

Winchester Ammunition

However, I just shot a 10x honest 1" group last weekend at 100m using my Anschutz 1712 and circa 2004 Dyanpoint, but the new GT stuff does not even come close.

What is your experience?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:02 PM
gregw72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update after a phone call from Winchester

The Winchester rep said that the black box was Dick Sporting Goods request, whereas the white box is what all other retailers want. He said that the ammo is identical otherwise.

He even offered to take some of the GT back and shoot it to see if it meets their specs.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Rivethead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I used to shoot dyna-points but I am having trouble finding it. Where is it still available?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 01:43 PM
titleIIredneck

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to titleIIredneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivethead View Post
I used to shoot dyna-points but I am having trouble finding it. Where is it still available?

Thanks!
I bought 3 cases from my ffl/sot last week, he said he bought the 7 cases he had from his retailer, which i assume is his firearm distrubtor.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:49 PM
gregw72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dick's Sporting Goods is getting Dynapoint GT's in stock here in Portland, OR. My friend in VA also picked up some at the Dicks in his town (Blacksburg).
Old 03-13-2010, 11:15 AM
11thumbs
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivethead View Post

Thanks!
K MART is the only place I have seen it!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 PM
general p.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kmart had stopped selling ammo. Thought that was nationwide.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Sav99age

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There was a lot of positive comments on the Forum about Dynapoints before Winchester moved their plant a couple of years ago. Since then I have seen little written that is positive.

Another round that has lot its way.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Wrench Man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got a box of the "GT" stuff from Dick's around Christmas, it appears to be IDENTICAL from a visual observation to some 20 year old Western Super X bulk ammo I have, haven't got to shoot them together yet, wasn't impressed with the Super X then and don't expect much from the GT stuff when I get to shoot it???, both boxes say made in the USA, I haven't ever seen a box of the white made in Australia stuff???
Old 03-13-2010, 03:10 PM
mbopp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a box at Dicks a few weeks ago. At 25 yards out of the 521 it isn't bad but in my MK1 the groups were like shotgun patterns.
It's good enough for my daughter to run off 100 rounds when she wants to go to the range with me.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Kimberman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Old vs New

My Marlin 880 SQ shoots 1/2 inch groups with the old. I stocked up on them back when they were $9 then a little later $12 for a box of 500.

I just got some of the new at Dick's for $24.99 for 500.

As soon as the weather breaks, I'll test them and post the results. At $9 for 500 the old ones was the best economy ammo I've found to date. The old shoots pretty good in all my 22's.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:02 PM
dube

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Haven't shot any of the new stuff yet from Dick's, but use the old stock for CMP shoots and it's always done very well. Got enough to last a few more years, if I save the old stock for competition.

Been meaning to try some of the new ammo, just to see. Guess I will tomorrow. Our Kmart hasn't had any in months, but I see the original boxes at Midway. Out of stock, last I looked.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
quickstealth91

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a little plastic container for my plinking ammo that I just dump a new 500 rd box in when it gets low. Last box that went in was the Dicks stuff on top of along with a box of Dynapoint
i got from Kmart a few years back. Couldnt tell a difference between the two. Not real scientific but My Norinco Still shot the half inch groups it always has with the stuff.
I tried switching to Eley sport but after 200rds the gun still doesnt like it. Neither does my Savage 64, maybe because the only thing its been fed since new was the Dynapoint.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:51 PM
bob KK
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav99age View Post
There was a lot of positive comments on the Forum about Dynapoints before Winchester moved their plant a couple of years ago. Since then I have seen little written that is positive.

Another round that has lot its way.
They were better before the plant move. Last I bought
was at W Mart. 14.97 a brick. That was a year ago.
Like it better than Fed or Rem bulk.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
dube

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tried some of the new stuff from Dick's last Sunday night at the match. So far, same results as the old stock I had, that came from Kmart over the past few years.

$24.95 and as of the other day, our local Dick's had about ten cases of Dynapoints on the shelves. All the CCI SV bricks that had languished there for months, are now gone, though.