Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:14 AM
hokiefyd
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

You guys who use the One Shot Dry Lube, you use that to clean and to lube, right? In other words, spray it on as a liquid and clean while it's still a liquid, and that's it? "One shot"?
Old 05-18-2019, 09:21 AM
jam_ppp

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Generally no, I don't use it as a cleaner.
I'll use Hoppes 9 to clean the receiver, barrel, bolt, handle. Get it clean, let it dry, then a quick coat of Hornady One Shot.
Trigger Group gets a good douse / rinse with one shot. sit, dry and a 2 drops of oil on hammer pin.
By the way, I just tend to use plain Jane mineral oil.

One Shot costs a bit, so I try to use it more sparingly. That said I just picked up a box of 12 on Amazon for $140.

BTW I also use it on my pistols. I clean the striker , channels and give it a douse of One Shot and let it dry before reassembling. For my Sigs, they have the removable chassis - I'll give them a douse too, but then apply drops of oil on contact moving points.

Last edited by jam_ppp; 05-18-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:59 AM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Mags not Clips... Clips are for lil Girls hair.
my Garand and SKS use clips
Old 05-18-2019, 12:23 PM
skywag
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I still use good old Hoppes #9.....................and the best thing is that it doubles as aftershave cologne.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:01 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
my Garand and SKS use clips

TruDat... and now he knows the difference!
Old 05-18-2019, 04:48 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
I agree with you. If it makes him happy let him enjoy being happy. Just don't try to push it off on me! Oil is sorta like religion. Just because you believe doesn't mean I have to. The OP's original post seems more like propaganda than fact. The fact that he likes it doesn't add any potential value to me. He is an example of exactly one. I don't mean to dump on the OP but I do NOT want to be preached to.
What a ridiculous comment !You have somebody here on this forum giving their opinion on something .Nobody was pushing anything on you !If you don't like the product don't use it ,but like everyone here hes allowed to have his opinions just like you are doesn't attack somebody for that!
Old 05-18-2019, 08:44 PM
rodent shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
True dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
What a ridiculous comment !You have somebody here on this forum giving their opinion on something .Nobody was pushing anything on you !If you don't like the product don't use it ,but like everyone here hes allowed to have his opinions just like you are doesn't attack somebody for that!

We all have our favorites. I always appreciate recommendations from other members experience with gun maintenance products. Our tackle boxes are full of the next best thing.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Agree.
My favorite lube for rimfire guns is Hornady One Shot Dry Lube . I never thought about using it for my .22's until Chaser recommended it, even though I kept a can on hand for cleaning/rust prevention of my Hornady dies and reloading press.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:02 AM
twodollarpistol

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
+1 and thanks for saying it. TDP
Old 05-21-2019, 11:07 AM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I use what works for me and he does too. I'm 68 years young and I am kinda set in my ways, but I really like for folks to be able to voice their opinion without someone slamming them for voicing it. The old adage: if you don't have something nice to say........
Old 05-21-2019, 11:46 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Im with you GG, my go-to has been ATF mixes for some years, and Im always interested in reading about others experiences with products Im unfamiliar with, too.

Last edited by gcrank1; 05-21-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:53 PM
jkingrph
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This seems to be a subject of recurring comments and opinions. Folks use a lot of things and they generally work well. I read last year about the Hornandy one shot and am waiting to give it a try in my 10-22 rifles. I like the idea of not creating a sludge of oil and powder fouling so will wait and see. Weather here in E Texas has not been helpful since mid fall last year. Either too cold earlier, or too much rain, already 6 inches this week, it will be several weeks since the range i use will be dry enough to use. Other guns get a light grease of Mobil 1. I was using Mobil 1 on semi auto Ruger rifles, and my centerfire handguns with good results and will continue to do so. IMHO nothing wrong with a good high detergent motor oil.

I really doubt that all these products out there are really made by refineries for the relatively small firearms lubrication market, but rather are general purpose lubes that may be modified by addition of dyes, thickening agents, fragrances, ect.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:57 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use Hornandy One Shot but my local is rather limited. Have used the Remington version and it works quite well
Old 05-22-2019, 12:45 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Hornady One Shot test... Chuck Hawks .. good quik read...

https://www.chuckhawks.com/hornady_one_shot2.html
Old 05-26-2019, 07:27 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (104)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Hornady One Shot test... Chuck Hawks .. good quik read...

https://www.chuckhawks.com/hornady_one_shot2.html
I have been using the Hornady One Shot per Chasers recommendation for a couple of years, it's good stuff in a 10/22, I like the no sludge build up and the rifles seem slick as can be when using it