Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Meauxjeaux77
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Front sight blade on 452. ? Fiber optic?

Does anyone know if an after market fiber optic can be found for the front sight on FS 452. Or what type of paint would work to see it better . I would love to hunt squirrels with open sights but the black front is just too hard to use in hunting conditions. MY FS is scary accurate and I have a Nikon 3-9 EFR on order but I'd love the challenge of open sights. MJ. PS. I will carry a plastic bag while hunting just to be safe of Stock warp if it gets wet . I'm kind of hard of my guns , but this one I will baby!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Rcdalcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Paint the factory sight with white paint. Yellow shows up well also. There are glow paint available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017, 09:20 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
With my fishing lures I put on a white base then the final colour. It makes the colour pop especially the Fluor. colours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017, 09:57 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
As others have suggested - there are several options to paint the front sight. I use this option on several of my pistols with target sights ( black on black) which doesn't work with my old eyes. Green seems to work best for me but I have white of a few as well.

I prefer the fiber optic front sight as it gives me a better sight picture - (IMHO).

I am not sure how the front sight on a 45x FS is designed, but the "only" reference to fiber optics on CZ rifles was the following

Red Fiber Optic replacement sight for the CZ front ramps on the 550, 527 and similar models. NOTE: DUE TO CZ's MANUFACTURING TOLERANCES THIS BEAD WILL REQUIRE FITTING. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR FITTING INSTRUCTIONS. Blued steel body with 3/32" "Tru-Glo" fiber optic insert. Available in 4 heights. Product #R-161 Pricing is $39.00 per item.:

https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/...d#.WYpnM63Mzdc

Obviously - designed for the 527/550 it may or may not work in any way on a 45x FS, but a potential option for engineering a replacement on a 452 FS.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 8.44.55 PM.png (285.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Rcdalcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Was thinking on the trainer or match guns....sorry.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:26 PM
2mene22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I like that big old"moon" front sight on my CZ 550 Safari In 458 Lott... Not precise but quickly acquired in low light. It wasn't designed to shoot paper...
Old 08-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Rcdalcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have used the iron sights on my 452 trainer and I can hit blue rocks at 100 yds pretty consistently. My eyes are to old to do any better than that. Light has to be right at 100 yds also. Lol

Old 01-22-2019, 10:40 AM
nicksilver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
452 Military Trainer Front Blade Fiber Optic

Remove sight measure height with micrometer. Go to https://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/...sights/rimfire. Order a replacement sight from the previous link that is the same size as your front sight. Go to truglo and order 060 " replacement light pipe or filaments. Take sight to machinist that has a good mill and skill. Insert filament into hole drilled in front sight.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:00 PM
PABear
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
seems for $20 this could be modified.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetai...ic-Front-Sight
Old 01-23-2019, 09:10 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mene22s View Post
I like that big old"moon" front sight on my CZ 550 Safari In 458 Lott... Not precise but quickly acquired in low light. It wasn't designed to shoot paper...
Year plus old thread but a heavy sigh seeing a post from "Uncle Ron".

Testor's paint is a rugged paint however IME tough to remove when the day comes. As mentioned a white base coat will make whatever color fluoro really pop. I've painted but one pistol sight but hundreds of jig heads for fishing spring coho on L Superior.
I'd go with a stick-on fiber optic. The one on my 12 ga. has survived as least a decade of hunting use.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:23 AM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (238)
I would love to find a gold bead front sight that will somehow mount on the FS front sight base. My Brno Model 1s have gold bead front sights and I find they work SO MUCH better with the open rear sight than the blade front sight on my FS. I put a Leupold VX-2 3-9x EFR on one of my FSs, and would really like to shoot the other with open sights, but that blade front sight just doesn't work for me. So, I compromised and put a Leupold VX-1 1-4x on it.

Doug
Old 01-25-2019, 01:15 AM
jerryd
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
I simply took the front sight off of my Trainer, sort of grooved it with a Dremel cut-off wheel and super glued a fiber optic rod on with the thickest available super glue.

It has stayed on for years.

Jerry

The only picture I have of it. The sight at the bottom is a 'Tech' front sight and the top sight is the standard trainer;