Help finding another Talo Exclusive -- - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:36 PM
jrhilde
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Help finding another Talo Exclusive --

Several months back I had one of the Talo exclusive bolt actions, in stainless, walnut stock etc, a very nice rifle but in a weak moment I let it go and regret it. I just checked Bud's and looks like they are out of them at the moment--

Is there any chance that any of you have seen another source for these ? I may be able to contact Talo for one but just thought I'd check with you guys first. Any help will be much appreciated -- thanks, John
Old 09-22-2018, 07:50 PM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When checking on any Ruger I just google the model number. Lots of info pops up including dealers selling them. But they're not always in stock.

Are you talking about the #8359? https://www.ruger.com/products/ameri...eets/8359.html

I googled "Ruger 8359" and checked about 10 dealers and they are all out of stock. It is likely you won't find one anywhere.

There may be some on the auction sites as dealers try to maximize their profits.

One encouraging find is that Talo says "We are going to make 500 and see how the market likes them, starting Oct 2017" http://www.taloinc.com/ruger-firearm...lr-walnut-8359

Since all 500 sold in less than a year maybe they'll make more??

I wanted one of those too!
Old 09-23-2018, 08:00 AM
jrhilde
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Randy, you may be right-- They may have sold the complete run. I'll just call Talo distributors directly and see if they can locate one--thanks for you input --- John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2018, 08:32 PM
Tifosi-9422

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone have any luck reaching Talo or may have an inside track in reaching Talo? I have been on the waiting list for this rifle for 6+ months with my local vendor, and have emailed Talo twice with zero reply. My vendor is unable to get an actual answer either and all I wanted to know for certain that all 500 has been made and sold already or are they still in production. If I am just waiting for a unicorn, I will like to know and move on from it.

TIA.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:30 PM
jerryd
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
There are a couple on gunbroker right now.

Jerry
Old 01-03-2019, 11:26 PM
57springer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They are back on gundeals.com again in 22 and 22wmr . I am wondering if they made another batch? I ,like the OP, was looking earlier in the fall , none back then.A dozen or more shops have them in stock !

Last edited by 57springer; 01-03-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:50 AM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know this is an old thread, but it also appears the OP - John never reported ever finding one. Anyway, just to inform anyone who may be looking for, or who still wants one of these beauties, I just picked mine up at a Sportsman's Warehouse store in Las Vegas last night (I did have to order it online, about a week ahead of time). They have other locations. So they are still around if you're looking. Just to confirm, mine is the #8359, a stainless in .22LR with walnut stock, exactly as Randy posted the link for in the 2nd post above.