GO MIZZOU!! BEAT UGA. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:18 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
GO MIZZOU!! BEAT UGA.

Rob & I are off in the morning for Missouri and the MIZZOU/Ga. Bulldogs game on Saturday. Stopping just west of St. Louis tomorrow evening and a short ride on into Columbia in the morning.

The weather should be perfect. Low of 55 or so in the morning and 72+/- at game time. Mizzou has its work cut out for itself, but they have looked good their first three games. Going into the Purdue game last week they were only 1 point favorites, but came out at 40/37. Purdue would have been down 6 but for an end of game field goal.

Georgia, according to Ga., is a 14 point favorite. Oddsshark gives it to MIZZOU 39/38, and claims MIZZOU "WILL WIN." Hey, that is pretty close odds, but I will take them anyday.

UGA is fritzing around moving player's positions. MIZZOU's defense has looked very good in the first three games. That with some super quick receivers and Lock's passing just might be a surprise to Georgia. We surprised them on Georgia's first home game at the second meeting, and they have had the best of us since then, but maybe we will surprise them on a home field advantage this time.

As my son is a dyed in the wool Ga. fan, it would be my pleasure to laugh all the way home on Sunday. Either way, it is a chance for the two of us to have some good father/son time. That is the best part of the trip. He works hard and hardly ever takes any time off, and puts in some extra hours all to frequently. He blew me away on my birthday back in June! My birthday card was was all expense paid trip to the Mo/Ga game. How can you beat a son like that?

BEAT GEORGIA, THAT'S HOW!

A few cheers from you MIZZOU fans wouldn't hurt. Uh, UGA fans, don't bother.

VH

Last edited by varmit hunter67; 09-20-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:21 PM
mals9
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Where are you stopping west of St. Louis?

Mals
Old 09-20-2018, 09:34 PM
miker22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=varmit hunter67;11170189]

Georgia, according to Ga., is a 14 point favorite.

Is that all? I will have to google Mizzou and see who they are.

��
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2018, 03:05 PM
22nut1971

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mizzou ainít got a chance. Letís go Dawgs!!!!! Haha. Seriously though. Georgia has played pretty sloppy ball this year so far. Kirby needs to tighten things up big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2018, 08:11 PM
DInghram
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I was gonna guess Ga-44, Mo-17, Missouri did better than I expected. They made it a game against a #2. That will be good for their program.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmit hunter67 View Post
Rob & I are off in the morning for Missouri and the MIZZOU/Ga. Bulldogs game on Saturday. Stopping just west of St. Louis tomorrow evening and a short ride on into Columbia in the morning.

The weather should be perfect. Low of 55 or so in the morning and 72+/- at game time. Mizzou has its work cut out for itself, but they have looked good their first three games. Going into the Purdue game last week they were only 1 point favorites, but came out at 40/37. Purdue would have been down 6 but for an end of game field goal.

Georgia, according to Ga., is a 14 point favorite. Oddsshark gives it to MIZZOU 39/38, and claims MIZZOU "WILL WIN." Hey, thniat is pretty close odds, but I will take them anyday.

UGA is fritzing around moving player's positions. MIZZOU's defense has looked very good in the first three games. That with some super quick receivers and Lock's passing just might be a surprise to Georgia. We surprised them on Georgia's first home game at the second meeting, and they have had the best of us since then, but maybe we will surprise them on a home field advantage this time.

As my son is a dyed in the wool Ga. fan, it would be my pleasure to laugh all the way home on Sunday. Either way, it is a chance for the two of us to have some good father/son time. That is the best part of the trip. He works hard and hardly ever takes any time off, and puts in some extra hours all to frequently. He blew me away on my birthday back in June! My birthday card was was all expense paid trip to the Mo/Ga game. How can you beat a son like that?

BEAT GEORGIA, THAT'S HOW!

A few cheers from you MIZZOU fans wouldn't hurt. Uh, UGA fans, don't bother.

VH
Have you stoped crying yet? I really like your son, HE sounds smart. GO DAWGS
Old 09-26-2018, 12:30 PM
ChefDuane
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
At least you have something to cheer about. My Vols couldn't beat St. Mary's School for Girls. And they're heading into SEC league play. .....Gonna' be a looong season on Rocky Top.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:25 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
We stopped at O'Fallon Holiday Inn Express. Drove on to Columbia the next morning and arrived in Columbia about 9am. Parked at the Pi Kappa Alpha house and had a rousing time until game time. Ga got a couple easy TDs in the first few minutes of the first qtr. Without those two, it would have been a much closer game. It is what it is, but at the same time, our receivers must have had goose grease on their hands. They could not hang onto anything and Lock put the ball right in their hands. The stats don't really tell the story.

Tennessee did not have a good day either. That was not even good to watch.

We headed back on Sunday and got back to my house about 5:30. Rob had another 2 1/2 hours back to Albany. A long trip, but worth it.

And it was a great B-day present!!

VH
Old 09-26-2018, 05:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefDuane View Post
At least you have something to cheer about. My Vols couldn't beat St. Mary's School for Girls. And they're heading into SEC league play. .....Gonna' be a looong season on Rocky Top.
With my luck they will wake up this Saturday bout 3:45.......Unh Hunh. That's cause I been running my mouth an betting money. Er....I mean marbles yea that's it..marbles, honest honey.TDP
Old 09-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Fredvon4
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
miker22...had to clean coffee off key board n monitor

BUT I really did have to Google the team...Mizzou

did not go to college...but love a lot of Saturday college foot ball...in many ways better for me than NFL

Not having a home state..alum.. or any real dog in the hunt.... EXCEPT Rose Bowl was and still is a family tradition

Army brat since 1955 soldier since 1973 over seas a lot an not TV but AFN Radio...

so basically for 50 years of my life I only got some what familiar with the typical top teams...Crimson Tide, Spartans, Long Horns, A&M, Baylor..FT Jackson GameCocks or a lot of other teams based on where I was stationed...Ft Lewis Huskies,

BUT the real truth is ---College foot ball is pure entertainment to me.... no true team loyalty... I, at 63, still have no idea who most of the teams are and where they are....I thought for decades UCON...was YUKON...an Alaska team...