Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:36 PM
Ferox34
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
difference, visual....

Ö.between an OEM trigger group and a Ruger BX trigger group. Can I tell the difference just by looking at them. Yeah, I know I should have marked them when I took the BX from the package and the OEM from the receiver.

Other "known" trigger groups, the stock hammer was black, or at least dark while the BX was silver colored. Is this the secret? or just a fluke on the Ruger production line.

I can't side by side test them, because I only have one "empty" receiver at present.
I don't have a trigger gauge either.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:13 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Just hold your hand over the hammer and pull the trigger. It should be pretty easy to tell the difference between the 2 just by feel. It doesn't have to be in a receiver to test it.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:25 PM
kkd
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Just hold your hand over the hammer and pull the trigger.......
Pretty obvious

The stock trigger group is the one with the creepy, gritty 8 lb pull
BX is much much better!

If you can't tell.....
Well, there's something wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2018, 05:49 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Do a search

I asked the same question , and got pictures for answers. But the hammer on the bx looks different from the stock hammer. The bx has a ridge at the base wher the matal das been machined away on both side the stock hammer has only one side nacined out..

It’s under anything 1022 “ how to identify a Bx Trigger group “

Last edited by Toomany22s; 09-24-2018 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:54 AM
twodollarpistol

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
At least on mine the BX hammer when in cocked position is positioned lower in the housing. The factory hammer rest higher. Notice how you can cock and test fire the BX unit while it is in the shiping jig, the factory stock hammer when cocked is too high to test in this way. Hope this helps. TDP

Last edited by twodollarpistol; 09-24-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:14 AM
twodollarpistol

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twodollarpistol View Post
At least on mine the BX hammer when in cocked position is positioned lower in the housing. The factory hammer rest higher. Notice how you can cock and test fire the BX unit while it is in the shiping jig, the factory stock hammer when cocked is too high to test in this way. Hope this helps. TDP
OK please disregard this info. After I posted I realized my factory unit had an aftermarket hammer that is higher, so I switched the original hammer back in and found it is the same as BX, soooooo my original post is all wrong. Sorry for the confusion. TDP
Old 09-24-2018, 08:16 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Actually ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodollarpistol View Post
My stock triggers are in the jigs , and they do test fire. So maybe not such a good test.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:27 AM
twodollarpistol

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
My stock triggers are in the jigs , and they do test fire. So maybe not such a good test.
Please see my second post...Thanks. TDP
Old 09-24-2018, 08:41 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
i marked mine

I knew I would have trouble in the future ! of course, my wal mart special trigger group is GRAY in color but I marked it as "NOT BX", in my spare parts box. LOL
Old 09-24-2018, 08:23 PM
Ferox34

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
thanks folks

for humoring a semi-senile old phart. I have parts from about 4 10-22s laying about and really need to make better notes.

Here's a tip....probably you experts already know this, but the takedown screw...you know the one they sell on ebay for six bucks.

It is 10/24 thread, 1 inch long, found them at Home Depot, in stainless, for about $1.50 for a 2 pack.

edit.....these are 5/32 allen head cap screws, not cheapo slotted or Philips head screws.

Again, I am probably about 40 years late to this party.

Dang it, out of Geritol again,

Ferox34

Last edited by Ferox34; 09-24-2018 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:23 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile You are not the only one on the train!

40 years ago , I was at a different party.Starting my career and looking for the right girl to marry.40 years later , 36 married today! ,I found some extra time and reintroduced myself to shooting sports. Bad left knee, so golf is over. I still walk the links , but now I shoot gofers, no not golfers! So relax, and thanks for the takedown screw tip. I asked the same question a year ago.And I might ask it again in another year. Hereís a suggestion , only take one apart at a time that way the parts wonít get mixed up. I spend half my time looking for parts that I know I bought , only to find them already installed on another gun. I buy parts that I already have,

And now I am actually planning the purchase of guns that I already have , but donít shoot , just cause they are a good deal and I like them. So then Iíll have two of the same that I donít shoot.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:05 PM
arrowshooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a thread in 2015 about this, but no pics because of photobucket. If I still have the photos somewhere, I'll post some of the major differences.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=570713
Old 09-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Get pics at

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
I had a thread in 2015 about this, but no pics because of photobucket. If I still have the photos somewhere, I'll post some of the major differences.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=570713
See ,my first post above
Old 10-03-2018, 10:43 PM
kkd

TPC Rating: 
100% (60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox34 View Post
Here's a tip....probably you experts already know this, but the takedown screw...you know the one they sell on ebay for six bucks.

It is 10/24 thread, 1 inch long, found them at Home Depot, in stainless, for about $1.50 for a 2 pack.

Dang it, out of Geritol again,
Ferox34
How about 12 cents each?
50 stainless take down screws for the price of one on ebay?

https://www.amazon.com/Button-Socket...tralconvert-20

I love the bit about Geritol
That's funny