Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:46 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)

I kinda like that one. Good job JDouglas.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:01 PM
JDouglas

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Lets see those Chargers!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
I kinda like that one. Good job JDouglas.

Thanks, I've had it for a few months. I didn't share sooner because I didn't want to hear all the backlash about its legality. Since this post already had this discussion I figured I would share it. Only thing I don't like about it is that if you shoot it without the can you have to make sure your fingers don't ride up and get blown off.

Here is a picture down into the brace that shows the round tube and shrink tube.

Last edited by JDouglas; 12-23-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:12 PM
Ytailhtr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
JDouglas, you should get a "flash can" to put on the barrel when not using the can. That way you wont have to worry about accidently shooting your finger tips...they make those slimline flash cans in varying lengths
Old 12-31-2017, 12:38 PM
Krash

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Here's my charger. I think I'm through with the build, but you never know...

- Brimstone Tier 2 trigger job
- JWH Competition Bolt, slide, and charging handle
- VQ Carbon Barrel
- Isis22 Suppressor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kms7t1nqdz...arger.jpg?dl=0
Old 02-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Ytailhtr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New mods to Charger

Update on some mods to my Charger

First I replaced the single forend sling stud with a short picatinny rail that utilized the two sling stud holes in the factory Blackhawk Axiom stock. I'm looking for a rail that is similar in length but has a QD socket machined into the rail. I looped the sling thru the slots in the forend. Works fine, but not very quick to remove. The sling definitely help hold the pistol steady when cheek welded and standing. Just wish it was QD.

And added a 300 lumen weapon light for those late night armadillo raids!

Then I mounted a rear sling stud (again, in the future I will replace this with a QD socket), need to trim the length of the threaded screw, but will wait to see if I can find a QD socket, then fix that issue and epoxy that into the tube.....and installed a 'letter opener' into the rear tube. The opener's sheath is mounted INSIDE the tube and the opener 'clicks' into the sheath, so it won't simply fall out, you have to purposely draw the opener out of the stock's tube. Ya never know when you might need that capability!

I installed a neoprene cheek pad on the tube. Not sure if I'm that happy with that. I would love to find a piece of black leather that is longer to replace the neoprene pad.

Between the rear sling mount and neoprene pad, the alleged buffer tube has been disabled for stock installation. Yep, it's just a pistol.

Installed a Volquartsen Speed hammer, trigger now at 2 lbs. Installed a JWH Custom Molon Labe CNC Bolt and JWH extended skeletonized bolt handle. Modded the bolt release.

Looking into a Leupold fixed 4 power x 28mm compact rifle scope for more accuracy on those squirrels!....but the Bushnell TRS-25 is working just fine for now....it's proven to be MOA (minute of armadillo) at 75 yards!

I'm enjoying this Charger more than my 10/22's....I see another Charger in my future, no doubt about it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front Sling Mounting and Light.jpg (123.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Full View Charger.jpg (75.5 KB, 959 views)
File Type: jpg Rear Sling Stud and Knife Handle.jpg (162.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Langley Knife.jpg (114.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Ytailhtr; 02-03-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:17 PM
kilyung

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lets see those Chargers!!!!!

Just got my first Charger. I already have the precision rifle/pistol rimfire category covered and I wanted something that I can use as a walk-in-the-woods gun that can hit 2MOA but is reliable/light/tough/collapsible/compact and simple to maintain. What I really wanted was a 10/22 SBR but without the hassle of getting a stamp. The Charger Takedown with a brace fits that bill perfectly. As it’s going to be an outdoor gun (around water), I opted for a SS model and swapped the laminate stock for the poly stock. Here’s how she’s outfitted:

Charger SS TD
Charger TD poly stock
JWH Custom bolt
Kidd auto bolt release
Kidd mag plunger
Kidd receiver pins
Kidd charging assembly
Kidd mag release
Custom bolt buffer
Rubber tire liner strip in the barrel channel
Brimstone tier 2 trigger
Copper Custom adapter
Kak shockwave pistol kit
Magpul MOE grip
Red dot sight (temp until RMR mount comes in)
Gemtech Outback IID suppressor

As pictured, she weighs in (unloaded) at 5lbs 1oz. When loaded and lighter RMR equipped, it should stay about that weight. Shooting CCI SV from a rest, she’s right at 2MOA. That’s good enough for my purposes. It would probably do better with Eley or SK Rifle Match ammo but it would need a scope to benefit from better ammo. The only thing I may do is replace the barrel with a cantilevered tension barrel after I’ve shot out the stock barrel (it’ll be a while).

Last edited by kilyung; 02-05-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:37 PM
jeep76
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytailhtr View Post
JDouglas, you should get a "flash can" to put on the barrel when not using the can. That way you wont have to worry about accidently shooting your finger tips...they make those slimline flash cans in varying lengths
Or a blast forwarding device (a type of flashcan) as it also makes a noticeable difference in the perceived sound to the sh ooter. Nice rig you've built.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:14 PM
ltcnav
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[IMG][/IMG](This Image is Too Large to Be Displayed Within the Post. Click Link to View) (934 kB)
My current Charger version.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:34 PM
mic214
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Charger....

I just picked up a Charger last week. I ordered a Bushnell 2x6 scope for it, which came in the other day. I just got it all together. Thanks to another thread here, I picked up a Ridgid tool box to use as a carrying case. Now I just need to get the foam for it.....

Old 05-23-2018, 11:42 AM
Winny94

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggK View Post
If you look at the AR pistols you will see that they have a different buffer tube that does not have the rail on the bottom for the butt stock. To the ATF if you put a regular buffer tube on an AR pistol you now have an SBR.
Old post, but to anyone reading - this isn't true at all. In fact, there are several cases where the ATF has said its fine to have a carbine tube on a pistol. The only potential issue is if you have a carbine tube with an unaccounted for stock in the same vicinity
Old 06-28-2018, 08:37 PM
rem_pss308

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Archangel tactical inovations pistol

Archangel stock, milled to accommodate KAK shockwave.
Tactical innovation, lightweight 4" barrel
Tactical innovation receiver milled out for left handed charge handle
BX trigger tuned to 1.5 lbs
Form 1 Silencer 7" ( very quiet )
Crimson trace IR laser ( for night vision use )
Burris Fast fire dot sight
Midwest industries rear sling attachment
Magpul forward sling attachment.

this gun is very very light. fun to shoot ( probly my favorite )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg archangel pistol.jpg (88.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg archangel pistol2.jpg (95.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 08-27-2018, 08:54 PM
ShooterReady

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got it all assembled this weekend.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:18 PM
DOGMAN
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Whoa! A SB tactical collapsible ...
Old 09-05-2018, 10:50 PM
GhostManOn2nd
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nordic Components Chassis

I love this thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180905_211519.jpg (493.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Clydedog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
...Here's my take on the Ruger Charger. It's a Charger mounted in a Gungner GR22 stock. The quadrail was shortened to fit the length of the attached linear compensator (a no name one off of ebay). The SBA3 adjustable brace, the pistol grip off a Ruger Precision Rimfire, a Dagger Defense red dot and a Nightstrike Diamondback angled fore grip round out the little blaster...

IMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

98 1LE, thanks for the assist in getting my tinypic posting problems figured out...

Last edited by Clydedog; 09-13-2018 at 11:56 PM.