Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Winchester M-22 RECALL

50K views 94 replies 68 participants last post by  lizardtrack 
#1 ·
#70 ·
Fella's;

I do not have any of the M22 ammo, but I do have some useful information I'd hope. Back when, there was a recall of Winchester PowerPoint .22lr ammunition and I did have some of that. I notified Winchester, immediately got a pre-paid return label & shipped it to them. In a matter of weeks I got the same amount of ammo in return from them.

I remember it as being a quick and professional remedy on their part. I'd hope that this situation will go the same way.

900F

#73 ·
I have some of this ammo, but no box(es). Is there any way I can weigh these to see if they contain extra powder?

:confused:

I weighed (3) lots of 100 and each lot weighed fractionally over 339 grams.
I would think at a minimum you would have to weigh individual rounds, not 100 at a time. It is my understanding that some may have a double charge, and some may not, and all you are doing by weighing 100 is getting a weight, of well ... 100. Do all contain an extra charge, or just a few? Who knows?

It might be possible to weigh individual rounds on a sensitive powder scale and see if the weights vary by several grains, but I don't even think that I would trust that. Besides that would be a tedious pain in the butt.

#76 ·
Hello all.....I am a Hunter Safety Instructor here in New York.....DEC contacted me day before yesterday to add Remington's Thunder Bolts to the recall list as well....seems they have an issue ...the bullets didn't get crimped properly and will fall out of the cases.....

#77 ·
A good set of scales can reveal if your rounds in question were double loaded or not.
To make certain they get all the bad rounds, they will have recalled tens of
thousands more than were actually double loaded. With the shortage situation,
if Win only reimburses with cash, I would fire up the ol' electronic scale and start
weighing! First, weigh a known good round and then go to town weighing those
rounds in suspect. Can't find anything in NE IA without paying just under $10 for
50, and that would make the painstaking weighing worth it.

#78 ·
It's a good thing that Winchester found this bad ammo ! One morning I was shooting one of my Rugers and one round was very strong and I looked at the case and the head stamp was really Flattened out like it was hit with a hammer !:eek: and all I have to say is that, Ruger builds they're Guns like a TANK ! ! :cool:

#85 ·
I got my replacement ammo today.

I called about 3 weeks ago and they said they would call me once they counted what I sent them and let me know what my options were.

I told the lady on the phone I would prefer replacement over refund and today out of the blue it's on my porch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.