looking for a lever - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-01-2019, 07:35 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I think now is a good time to find a good used Winchester 9422 or Marlin 39A. I have both. Prices have stabilized in the last couple years but were escalating every year before that due to politics or other factors. They aren't making any more so either should be a good investment. (except 39A is now a custom shop $3000 new item). Both are high quality, you won't be disappointed.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:45 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryray View Post
I think now is a good time to find a good used Winchester 9422 or Marlin 39A. I have both. Prices have stabilized in the last couple years but were escalating every year before that due to politics or other factors. They aren't making any more so either should be a good investment. (except 39A is now a custom shop $3000 new item). Both are high quality, you won't be disappointed.
I agree.

I bought a NIB condition 39A from, of all places, Cabelas. It was $600 OTD, and I consider it a great deal.

My Winchester 9422s are also awesome rifles. You canít go wrong with either one.

Now is a decent time to get one. You just need to have some patience and wait for the right deal.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:06 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will probably get flamed but I am not impressed with the Henry 22lr lever. They are pot metal and have trim cover to make them look good. Current production points to a Browning BLR for a quality gun. I say that grudgingly because Browning abandoned the owners of their BLR center fires by not producing magazines for the old model when they redesigned it. $300 for a mag on the open market?
Like others have stated the Marlin or Winchester are good buys if you can find one.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:47 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
it seems the recommendations above all include what i would suggest , the only thing i might add is if you intend to shoot it regularly you might want to shoulder it before buying , there is a difference in feel and fit between these rifles

do not be afraid of the discontinued models - some of the older ones you may find may please you far more than the new offerings ,
Old 12-15-2019, 09:06 AM
matteo323

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post
You didnít give a price limitation.
First choice , Marlin 39
2nd. Winchester 94/22
Those 2 are interchangeable
Hey guys I picked up a Winchester 9422 , picked it up from my ffl Friday night,gonna run some patches down it and go to the range today .Thanks for all you guys input.Maybe this summer I'll hunt for a Marlin
Old 12-15-2019, 11:17 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo323 View Post
Hey guys I picked up a Winchester 9422 , picked it up from my ffl Friday night,gonna run some patches down it and go to the range today .Thanks for all you guys input.Maybe this summer I'll hunt for a Marlin
Good choice Have fun! Good shooting! Now youíre a cowboy
Old 12-15-2019, 09:18 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i thought that might fit better than some others , i love my 9422 , there are many others i find quite comfortable but the winchester fits naturally - probably because i shot a 94 in 45 colt fror years in SASS and it feels just like that when shouldering up , i think you did real well here
Old 12-15-2019, 09:50 PM
tbates66

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGuy50 View Post
. Did he try multiple different 17 HMR ammos? My GB HMR was ammo picky.
Took me awhile to respond to this question. Not sure what ammo he tried in his rifle, but he is a skilled marksman and one of the most gun-savvy guys I know. So, if he said it wouldn't shoot, I believe him.