Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:05 AM
jes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brno model 4 question.

Did Brno ever produce a model 4 single shot? I know they made single shot adapters both i the form of a blank magazine as well as a solid floor plate that requires the stock to be removed to install, but did any leave the factory as a dedicated single shot? Thanks.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:16 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
No. Models 1 through 5 were all originally produced as repeaters.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:36 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrybak View Post
No. Models 1 through 5 were all originally produced as repeaters.
Agreed from my experience as well, if there's one out there its well hidden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2019, 11:46 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (94)
+1
Old 11-26-2019, 07:30 AM
jes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Okay, that's my experience as well, but just thought I'd check. I came across one online that is being advertised as a single shot. I was told by a collector, some time ago that every model 4 was originally issued with an solid floor plate/loading ramp which could be installed to make your rifle a single shot. It required removing the stock to put in place and then the action screw went up through it. Not sure if it was true that they were issued with each rifle or not. Sure wish Denny was still around.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:11 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes View Post
Okay, that's my experience as well, but just thought I'd check. I came across one online that is being advertised as a single shot. I was told by a collector, some time ago that every model 4 was originally issued with an solid floor plate/loading ramp which could be installed to make your rifle a single shot. It required removing the stock to put in place and then the action screw went up through it. Not sure if it was true that they were issued with each rifle or not. Sure wish Denny was still around.
They were not issued with a single shot adapter as you describe (I refer to it this way as the action would still be the same repeater design). One of the versions of the specialty sub-model the Model 4 STD Match did come from Aeron with a standard Brno single shot adapter installed in the magazine well and a STD Match stock that had been inlet to hide the SSA so the rifle would ostensibly appear as a single shot.

There was a single military base back in the 50’s that converted Model 1 military trainers over to single shot with a adapter plate like you describe. It replaced the magazine well and was held in place with an action screw like you describe. It was not spring loaded like the Brno SSA, but rather a simple ramp. They then hacked the stocks to fill the magazine cut out. Not a pretty job on any of the few examples I’ve seen.

I’m not sure if the Model 1 Arsenal SSA would fit a Model 4 action. But they didn’t come with these installed in any variation we know know of around here.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:45 AM
jes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thatís very interesting. So then were the single shot adapters that Iím referring to actually made by Brno?
Old 11-26-2019, 10:05 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes View Post
Thatís very interesting. So then were the single shot adapters that Iím referring to actually made by Brno?
No. They were arsenal modified. Not Brno. And this all only applies to the Model 1.

The Brno made single shot adapters are compatible with unmodified factory rifles.