Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:05 PM
spaceguns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seeking High Standard gunsmith

I am a long time High Standard collector with a particular interest in 102-104 series guns. I am seeking an experienced gunsmith in the area of eastern Massachusetts to assist with my occasional gunsmithing / maintenance needs. Can be a professional or fellow hobbyist with appropriate experience. Does anyone have an recommendations? Thank you in advance.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:36 PM
rimfiresrule2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Its too dangerous for most of us
Old 06-18-2019, 09:03 PM
oldbird13

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
+1 to the OFM Corp guys in Houston, TX. They did nice work on my Hamden Victor. Would use them again!
Old 06-19-2019, 06:19 AM
LDBennett

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you want a gunsmith close to you then search out a gunsmithing organization and ask for recommendation of local gunsmiths. You also could contact the education oriented American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) who graduates new gunsmiths daily. They may be able to offer the name of a local gunsmith who may even work out of his home.

BUT......Getting a gunsmith that is no more than a parts changer is not a good idea at all...especially if it is Hi Std guns you want worked on. AGI teaches problem solving and one of their graduates may be a better choice. The Texas firm of OFM Corp is made up of former High Standard Company of Houston Texas employees who, until recently, made the latest versions of the Hi Std guns. These gunsmith worked at assembling new guns and repairing any Hi Std that came through the door. Today they do a bit more than that now under their own banner (TX Hi Std is now bankrupt and in court ordered receivership, as I understand it). For Hi Std repairs OFM Corp comes highly recommended. Alan Aronstein of interarmstx.com, the former head of TX Hi Std in Texas, also repairs Hi Std guns. He trained the OFM Corp gunsmiths over a multiple decades period. Bob Shea (originally a gunsmith for the Connecticut Hi Std Co. and one of the 10-X gun assemblers) also trained them. Alan, too, comes highly recommended.

LDBennett
Old 06-19-2019, 11:44 AM
mr alexander

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Seeking High Standard gunsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceguns View Post

I am seeking an experienced gunsmith in the area of eastern Massachusetts to assist with my occasional gunsmithing / maintenance needs.
spaceguns,

Greg Derr is a highly respected Bullseye Pistolsmith.

His contact information is shown below:

Derr Precision

25 Rockwood Rd #2

Marshfield, MA 02050

[email protected]

Phone: (781) 834-3225

Located South of Boston in Marshfield, MA
Old 06-19-2019, 08:46 PM
spaceguns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you all for your help and advice. I have options now which is what I was hoping for. Much appreciated.

Tim