Performance Center S&W Victory - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:08 PM
m17hm2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Performance Center S&W Victory

Any one here shooting the PC Victory? I'm leaning toward getting the carbon-barreled model with the Viper optic. Any one with real world experience? How's the trigger?
Old 07-14-2019, 09:57 AM
BadaBing11
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tagged for info.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:44 PM
FrankW

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi m17hm2,

I have a Victory but not the PC model. I have the standard threaded barrel model with a bunch of Tandemkross mods. I don't know how you intend to use your gun but that might effect your choices. I don't have a compensator by choice. I didn't want to spend the effort to keep it clean. I removed the picatinny rail and use a Tandemkross Shadow Mount for the Venom red dot. The Shadow mount is aluminum and I like it much better than the picatinny rail that came with my gun.

You might want to rethink your choice of the Viper red dot. It is slightly smaller than the Venom but the Viper has to be removed from the gun to change the battery. I didn't want to set up my red dot, get it sighted in and then some day in the future have to redo it to change the battery.

If you buy the PC model you will want to add a Tandemkross Halo cocking piece that fits the back of the slide. This is a must have option for me. It makes cocking the gun much easier and quicker. Another must have is the Tandemkross magazine bumpers if you shoot in any competition. The standard mag fits up close to the bottom of the grip and sometimes when quickly loading a mag, you don't get it inserted far enough. The mag bumpers solves that problem.

I have read that some who get the Carbon Fiber barrel like the reduced weight in the barrel. I don't mind the weight in the standard steel barrel. If you have a compensator then the Carbon Fiber option may be a good idea.

The PC model is probably the most economical way to get a well equipped gun that only needs a couple of mods.

Frank

Old 07-19-2019, 09:34 AM
jac54
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I do not have a performance center Victory but my stock Victory came with about a 3.5lb trigger with a slight creep. I polished the seer with a ceramic stone and did a slight 45deg cut on the seer tip to remove the creep. The gun now has a 2.5lb trigger with no creep.

I am not sure what Smith's performance center does to make their stock triggers better but with very little effort it can be made excellent.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:49 AM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac54 View Post
I do not have a performance center Victory but my stock Victory came with about a 3.5lb trigger with a slight creep. I polished the seer with a ceramic stone and did a slight 45deg cut on the seer tip to remove the creep. The gun now has a 2.5lb trigger with no creep.

I am not sure what Smith's performance center does to make their stock triggers better but with very little effort it can be made excellent.

I think they substitute factory parts with Tandemkross parts. Pure speculation
Old 07-19-2019, 01:53 PM
FrankW

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The grip is definitely Tandemkross. The trigger is flat faced but not Tandemkross from what I can see. Here is a video that is interesting.

Frank

https://youtu.be/iqHdXStLz3Q