5mm super mag RF - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:26 PM
jibjab

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
5mm super mag RF

I sorry if this has been discussed here before, my search was not fruitful.
I am curious why I have not seen any variants of the 17 WSM?
I could see a 5mm SM, a 22 SM and maybe a 25 SM for a revolver cartridge.
I guess for such rounds to be appealing the cost of the ammo would need to be reasonable.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:06 PM
accooper
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would think that you have a good idea, but right now the arms industry is in a slump since there is not a government administration trying to take your guns away like in the last one. So that being said, arms companies are not going to build anything that they are not sure of that they can sell a ton of.

In fact I have two close friends who own guns shops and the sales people for all the larger gun manufacturing companies are really pushing some low prices to them, but they don't need the inventory.

The Ruger Wrangler is just the first of really low priced guns we will see or we will see more gun companies go under and for good.

BTW I have canceled my Guns&Ammo, Firearms news and Shooting times because all they revue are really high end guns that I can never afford, although they halfheartedly reviewed the Ruger Wrangler. No real data.

accooper

Last edited by accooper; 06-05-2019 at 11:07 PM. Reason: miss spelling
Old 06-16-2019, 06:35 PM
Glass37
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If ever there was a rimfire cartridge case and rifle born to be multiple calibers the 17WSM and Bmag is it. Manufacture the new WSM caliber ammo and screw in a matching caliber barrel in a Bmag and you got it.