Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:16 PM
skwerl457

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJA8 View Post
Hy HJA8 , Hatchers have nice wood and are the ones I ,ll order from about $350.00 and up .

Good looking gun , was it finished by you ?
Old 05-23-2020, 06:59 PM
HJA8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guther View Post
Do they make a 16 inch threaded version? That would be interesting to me.
Not that I'm aware of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwerl457 View Post
Good looking gun , was it finished by you ?
Finished in Truoil by a capable young amateur Barrelled action was professionally bedded into the stock - Smith also re-cut the crown and worked the trigger to 16 ozs. This rifle will run with the various 54's I have here.

I also have a laminated version. This rifle has been professionally re-barrelled, match chamber, headspaced for Lapua, bedded, 16 oz trigger etc. - This is the most consistently accurate 22 sporter I have owned - It's shot regularly head to head with various models of Anschutz, Walther, Cooper, Weihrauch etc I have here - Several full customs.

The only function issue I have seen with these LA101's is that some owners have had feed issues. The magazine followers have to be precisely adjusted to the individual rifle - Do that correctly and overall function is pretty much faultless.

Last edited by HJA8; 05-24-2020 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:54 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Lithgow has some engineering and design features that put it in a class above the CZ. A large robust receiver, 3 locking lugs spaced evenly around the bolt, threaded barrels. 60 degree bolt throw ensures there are no scope clearance problems from the bolt handle.

These thing along with some of the best machining I`ve seen on a firearm help lend the Lithgow to being a superb shooter.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:23 AM
flatlander
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've poked around & through most of what I've found on the Lithgow here on RFC, and have yet to hear anyone talking about bolt lift with the three-lug, 60* design. I know it didn't take me long to put a chunk of 6061 T6 rod in my lathe to turn an extended bolt knob to help with the rather stiff bolt lift of my CZ457s (all three of them), but after shooting them with some regularity over the past 1-1/2yrs, I don't even think about bolt lift now (unless I've just shot one of my V-22s immediately prior to shooting a CZ). So - from someone who has a tough time reading about a relatively new 22RF design - is the Lithgow's bolt lift stiff or not?
Old 05-25-2020, 10:10 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
While I can`t speak for all of them, mine runs smooth as silk. I shoot left handed and from a bench I usually operate the bolt with one or two fingers. Push it up with index finger straight, then curl finger and pull back, shove it closed with thumb.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:45 PM
skwerl457

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
I've poked around & through most of what I've found on the Lithgow here on RFC, and have yet to hear anyone talking about bolt lift with the three-lug, 60* design. I know it didn't take me long to put a chunk of 6061 T6 rod in my lathe to turn an extended bolt knob to help with the rather stiff bolt lift of my CZ457s (all three of them), but after shooting them with some regularity over the past 1-1/2yrs, I don't even think about bolt lift now (unless I've just shot one of my V-22s immediately prior to shooting a CZ). So - from someone who has a tough time reading about a relatively new 22RF design - is the Lithgow's bolt lift stiff or not?
I dont call the bolt stiff just solid .
I put on the titanium bolt knob that adds some length but could be a couple cm longer.
If they come out with a bull barrel that would be a dream gun .
Old 05-25-2020, 07:44 PM
flatlander
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't recall for sure how long LSI imported the Ligthgow 22RF rifles into the States; seems like I first saw them in their catalog a couple of years ago. My sales rep at LSI replied to an email query today with the info that they no longer handle them. If you go to Lithgow's website, it mentions that they're looking into finding an importer - no idea how up-to-date their website is, so I supoose there's a chance they've already struck a deal with a company here. Time will tell...
Old 05-25-2020, 09:09 PM
thesandman
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Man that's a beauty HJA8
Old 05-25-2020, 10:19 PM
layer3guru
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=6987

My experience