Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Chistensen Arms Ranger .22LR bolt action

14K views 50 replies 20 participants last post by  comfisherman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Just seen the video on the youtube a few minutes ago. Nephew sent the link to me. Headed the the local dealer closest to me tomorrow to see what it takes to order one! Steyr Zephyr II probly be sale soon lol :)

#6 ·
Never had either of my Predators scrape a bullet...

Just spoke with my local dealer, they already have 6 ordered. Paid for 1/2 of mine over the telephone! The wait begins.....

Christensen e- mailed and said they should be shipping May/June....we shall see if that happens since its SHOT week and the fella I talked to said there was quite a long line waiting to handle the new rifle:)

#10 ·
Great looking rifle with a lot of features for $800.00. I know it jumped to potentially number 2 on my wish list for multiple reasons. Hoping it’s one of those under promise/over deliver statements with the moa @ 50 since any CZ I’ve ever had beat that for less money. But, knowing what I do about Christensen, they probably are being conservative. Can’t wait for some shooter reports.

As for wonky Vudoo mag, I think you guys are missing the point. It’s built to replicate a full bore prs rifle in every way possible. Rimfire practice with a platform exactly the same as your centerfire for competition is exactly what a LOT of serious competitors have asked for. For me, it’s an added feature since I don’t compete (yet), that may eventually be of real value to me. However I would have bought it with a conventional magazine or “wonky” either way. It’s flexibility due to 700 form factor, it’s ridiculously consistent accuracy, and the people I dealt with at VGW far outweighed whichever magazine it might have been designed for. You spend some serious time with one and I’d bet a handful of cash you wouldn’t care what kind of mag it used. Anyone in the North GA area is welcome to come shoot mine, wonky magazine might change your mind.

#17 ·
I saw the Vudoo rifle for the first time yesterday...the acttion is very nice...me being a hunter the last thing I want is somebody call the game warden about a guy out hunting with a CF rifle...number 2 is how am I supposed to put those huge magazine in my pocket...Hell I can put 3 ruger 10/22s in less space than that...but everybody is Tactical these days. Good bye wood stocks, blue actions and normal size scopes. So yes I agree with Jammer22 on this. I know they are supposed to be the hot thing...but for me as a hunting rifle no thank you...if your on the bench have at it. Maybe one day they will make the Vudoo II with a normal size magazine for us hunters.

Signalman :mad::):D

#25 ·
Yes, it's it's own inlet. Not a Rem700. It is NOT in the same class size or footprint-wise as the Vudoo's, Bergara, etc. It's not a "full sized" rifle. The action feels to me like a Savage. The trigger is excellent and you know the barrel will be, too. It's a sleek, handy small game rifle. They're going sell the bejeezus outta them.

#20 ·
Well its official!! Used a debit card over the phone to hold my place in line on Tuesday. Went in person today and put about 1/2 down in cash. Local dealer was back from Shot and had already made an order of centerfire rifles while at the show. Got to listen-in while he called Christensen and placed an order for 6 Rangers. Apparently the lady I spoke with on tuesday thought the order he'd already placed included Rangers, it did not in fact. All the social media outlets are saying May/June, my dealer was told he could expect shipment "sometime" in April "maybe the 1st, maybe the 30th" lol so I'm gonna set back and plan on May or June and hopefully be surprised by an April arrival!

#32 ·
It's really handy for grating really thick cheese. A problem I'm often faced with in the field, the need to facilitate the neck of a giraffe and useable cheese graters.

In all seriousness, it will be nice when the hard angular trend gives way to sleek and elegant design solutions. When is the last time you needed slots for a scope directly over the port? Defiance sheep hunter design really hits at what a better solution is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.