Cicognani Rest - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Morrey
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Cicognani Rest

I saw a Cicognani rest being used on a youtube video shooting an Anschutz 64s br like mine. I looked it up online and the description and pricing is written in Italian and could not "decode" it. Anyone seen or used a front rest like this?
Old 09-08-2015, 06:09 PM
2500X
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Below is a link that shows info in English. Prices are in Euros and the Euro is currently worth $1.12. They look like a real nice, high quality rest but I have no personal experience with them. Their rest top is similar in concept to the now defunct Fudd top made by Mountain Specialties (which I have and really like), but looks to be an improvement.

http://www.varidecicognani.it/en/pro...rests/?page=5/
Old 09-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Morrey
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I like the versatility of having an adjustable front and not having to have multiple bags to change out. I have several bench rifles requiring different sized bags, but the only adaptation I can make is to use Sinclair adaptors with 3" front bags. Seems the adjustable Fudd or Cicognani is a good answer to bag changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Bill40718
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrey View Post
I like the versatility of having an adjustable front and not having to have multiple bags to change out. I have several bench rifles requiring different sized bags, but the only adaptation I can make is to use Sinclair adaptors with 3" front bags. Seems the adjustable Fudd or Cicognani is a good answer to bag changes.
You might check out Dan Greenlaw @ http://www.drgreenlawmachining.com/_e__style_rest

Dan makes a very nice adjustable top rest for a bit more than half the price of the Cicognani.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:05 PM
2500X
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is a link to their adjustable width top that is similar in concept to the Fudd or Cicognani. I have not seen them in use either.

http://www.drgreenlawmachining.com/a...ag_windage_top

The pricing for just the adj tops between the two are about the same.

Last edited by 2500X; 09-09-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:43 PM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I have that Greenlaw top on my R/F rest. The top and the rest work flawlessly.

George
Old 09-12-2015, 12:00 PM
kseatm
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrey View Post
The Greenlaw rests and tops are excellent. I've owned his adjustable top mentioned in this thread and its very nice. I think he will make an adaptor for his top to fit whatever rest you use. I know I've used that type top on a Randolph, Cowan and Caldwell.

Randolph makes an adjustable top like the Greenlaw. But that only fits their rests. If you like conventional bags, you can get two of their regular tops and swap off when switching rifles. Only takes 3-5 seconds. Literally!

JMO

Kenny