Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:49 PM
anmut
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Broken Scope - Sportsmans Guide Customer Service

Bought a BSA scope from Sportsmans Guide through Amazon.com for my 22WMR to punch some paper with. Arrived yesterday and today when I got around to opening it I found it was broken, in half!

No damage to the box from UPS, the scope was still wrapped up and the stickers that sealed it where there but the thing is in two pieces. It snapped right in the middle on the "muzzle" end of the turret. No bending or nicks or scrapes noted.

I've never had to before send anything back I've ordered online so this will be a first for me. Does anyone have any experience with Sportsmans Guide and their customer service?

Also, I know BSA is on the cheap end but I wanted a higher power scope for not a lot of money. I really like my Sweet22 BSA for my 10/22, but should I cut my losses with this brand and go another way? Any thoughts on 24x scope for $50?

Old 04-10-2011, 02:18 PM
ferg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just send it back.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:32 PM
haertig

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a scope from them once. A cheapie. The e;astic lens covers were smashed. I called them and reported the problem. They rapidly shipped me a new scope and a prepaid shipping lable to return the bad one. No problems what-so-ever. Great customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2011, 09:05 PM
haertig

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That was certainly a helpful post.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:55 PM
medic52
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Cross...pe-P43585.aspx something to consider. BSA customer service I hear is really good, GOOD LUCK
Old 04-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Bob4BVM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow, i was going to buy a BSA from them just based on the price. Sure glad i didn't by the looks of that separated tube---sure NOT a one-piece tube, is it ?

For the money there is better stuff out there if you catch a sale. I did buy a Pentax 4-12 x 40 from SG on sale for $69 a while ago and am very happy with it. Have moved it around on several CF & RF guns- Seems rock solid, even on the .338 Mag.-holds zero perfectly. Nice unit. Great optics too, but of course they've made camera lenses for a long time so go figure. Rangefinder reticle is fun to use on my .22 also.
Bob
Old 04-10-2011, 11:56 PM
azmbl22
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I've had really good luck with SG customer service, two returns one a scope.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Shaky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had to use Sportsman's Guide customer service and was very pleased with the fast results in what could have turned into a whizzing match with a lot of other companies.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:06 PM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole' Man River View Post
B S A = Better Stay Away, Better Scopes Available
Seems to me that even in the face of overwhelming evidence, some folks are just destined to learn this the hard (and expensive) way. Unfortunately those who believe in doing everything on the cheap are also the most defensive about it.