Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:11 PM
kim84sil22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Question Gsg 1911 ca

I just purchased a GSG 1911 CA Target Model. The $199 price was too much to resist.

I see that CDNN offered the same Model (Non - CA) with the threaded barrel option.

And, now I see that a Slide Alignment Cone is offered for the threaded Barrel model. Looks like I should of done some research first......

A couple of questions Please....

So now I have to ask those who have the threaded barrel model and have purchased the Slide Alignment Cone( which threads onto the Barrel), Has the Slide Alignment Cone improved the Accuracy of the Pistol?

If so how much improvement have you seen when shot and tested say at 25 yds?

Thanks, I see my CA barreled model has a Bushing on the end of the Barrel, It appears that it maybe threaded without the Wrench notches on it. I am thinking possibly its a threaded bushing with thread locker on it?? Does anyone have any additional info on this California barreled model?

Thanks, I haven't shot this yet- still need to clean and put some molly on the slide and go and test ammo.

Any other recommendations?

( I see its fairly common for the guide rod to Break)

Thanks

Last edited by kim84sil22; 04-07-2016 at 07:17 PM. Reason: correction
Old 04-07-2016, 11:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gsg 1911 ca

The CA model looks threaded but is not. You will destroy your barrel if you try to remove the pressed-on barrel sleeve. Ask me how I know...
Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 AM
kim84sil22

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
1911 CA Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911luvr View Post
The CA model looks threaded but is not. You will destroy your barrel if you try to remove the pressed-on barrel sleeve. Ask me how I know...
1911luvr,

Thanks for all of your help and sharing your experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2016, 03:31 PM
The Hen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My [ could be misunderstanding] on this matter

When GSG 1911 first came out I asked LGS to inform me when he had one to sell. The slide was not marked as a Ca edition. I understand these first ones used red loc-tite to secure the barrel cap and thus could be removed with heat. Later ones were permanently attached, but as all things on the internet last forever, there were posts about removing them and barrel were damaged.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:48 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hen View Post
When GSG 1911 first came out I asked LGS to inform me when he had one to sell. The slide was not marked as a Ca edition. I understand these first ones used red loc-tite to secure the barrel cap and thus could be removed with heat. Later ones were permanently attached, but as all things on the internet last forever, there were posts about removing them and barrel were damaged.

The later ones are not threaded. They have the thread area cut away but not threaded, so it you cut off the pressed cap (you will destroy the barrel doing this) you will find no threads.