What are typical match fees and prizes? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:57 PM
FiremanBob
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
What are typical match fees and prizes?

I am thinking of sponsoring a CMP rimfire sporter match at my club next year. What are the standard match fees charged, and typical prizes given, at these matches?
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I'm sure match fees vary from club to club. Our club charges $10.00 which I think is kind of steep to honest. The money goes back into the club and helps buy targets etc. so no big deal.

CMP sells gold, silver, and bronze pins to award to the competitors that shoot scores in those levels. Since you can potentially have 3 different classes of shooters (T-class, O-class, & Tactical-class) I think the pins are a great way to go. My club doesn't award anything at this point but I've been suggesting they consider buying some of the pins. That way the competitors have a little trinket to take home with them for a job well done and it gives them something to shoot for. Kind of like the 5 in a row and 10 in a row pins that are awarded at silhouette matches.

Good luck with your match. We hold a match each month all year long. We do the outdoor 50/25 yd matches during the warm months and indoor 50 ft matches with reduced targets during the cold months or when the weather gets bad. I really look forward to these matches each month.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:07 AM
FiremanBob
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks. I would certainly do the pins, since that's a big part of why one would get CMP sanction. It seemed from the CMP's guide that some clubs have other prizes as well, and these might factor into the size of the match fee.

I currently run a rimfire 3-position match with a $5 fee, using the Appleseed QDAQT target. We have two classes, iron sights and scopes. The high scorer in each class gets a prize which differs every month such as a 6-pack of Two-if-by-Tea, a club tee shirt, or a coffee mug with the Constitution printed on it.