Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 AM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
New to BuckMark and Browning

I am a long time 22LR pistol shooter. I have had several Ruger Mark's and currently have 2 of them ( 6 7/8" Hunter and a 10" Mark II ) I also have had a S&W Model 41, 1960 model with three barrels, loved the accuracy of the 41 but very disappointed in function, constantly jamming, normal for this model, sold it.
Any way, I am currently looking to buy a longer barreled Buckmark, I had a friend that bought a Buckmark that was very comfortable to shoot and sold his Ruger which I bought. I liked shooting his Buckmark enough to have it on the back of my mind for a while and now have the money to buy the model I want.
My question's are about the frame and grip, I hear there are three different frames for this gun. How can you tell the differences ? I hear they are a UDX, URX and standard. I do not know how to tell the difference in any of them. I have a picture of one and wondering what frame this is and if there is different grips available for it ? Also how can you tell if the gun has an adjustable trigger ? Does this frame have the adjustable trigger ? Does Hogue make a finger grove rubber grip for this frame ? and does Volquartsen make any sears and triggers for this gun like they do the Ruger's ? I am wanting a very accurate Target shooting bench gun. All information that can be given would be much appreciated. This gun was made around 1996 I believe. I know I have a lot of question's but I have never ever had the opportunity to own a Buckmark so I have never really investagated them till now. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jstanfield103; 02-04-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:26 AM
chim

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Welcome to this part of RFC. Ths pistol in the picture has the Standard frame and has the best selection of grips. Assuming that's the original grip and forearm, it is a Silhouette model and they came with adjustable triggers. I thought I'd at least be able to see if it has a trigger OT screw from this angle, but maybe not.

Here's a shot of the URX (left) and Standard (right). Note the difference in the curve at the rear of the grip and the shorter fore to aft dimnension of the URX. The UDX is similar to the URX but has scalloped finger grooves in the front of the grip.

Volquatrzen has made some barrels, but to my knowledge no internals. No need to. There's nothing wrong with Browning parts - barrels included.

Here are a couple recent discussions that should answer some of your questions. I don't know who all makes what grips as I either use factory grips or Nill target grips:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=486353

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=486725

Buck Mark Disassembly/Reassembly Page here:

http://chim.embarqspace.com/#

Last edited by chim; 02-04-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Chim thank you very much, that is exactly what I was looking for. I saw a post yesterday that had a webpage of yours I beleive that I did not have time too read yet but have it in my favorites to read tonight or as soon as I get a chance. I really appreciate the reply as I am kind of lost on the Buckmarks at this time but will learn fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 02:37 AM
dp1stltartillery
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Up grades?

Chim, it tickles me when people ask about internal up grades for the Buck Mark line and I have to tell them that there aren't any..You always get a quizzical look and then you tell them none are needed, period. How many times have we had a newbie to Buck Marks complain that they can't find any up grades for the BM line and then we have to tell them...the truth.. Dave...Deo Vindice...MOLON LABE
Old 03-01-2013, 03:29 AM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Being my first Buckmark, until you really fire it then you realize just how smooth they really are. Nope nothing needed at all internally, just amazing on how they compare. But right now the Ruger has it beat on accuracy until I get the scope worked out I can't even try to compare.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 AM
chim

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp1stltartillery View Post
Chim, it tickles me when people ask about internal up grades for the Buck Mark line and I have to tell them that there aren't any..You always get a quizzical look and then you tell them none are needed, period. How many times have we had a newbie to Buck Marks complain that they can't find any up grades for the BM line and then we have to tell them...the truth.. Dave...Deo Vindice...MOLON LABE
Yep. And when someone posts "What is the first thing I should do to my Buck Mark?" someone eventually replies with "Just shoot it".

Buck Mark Disassembly/Reassembly Page here:

http://chim.embarqspace.com/#