Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Mark4470

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seewin View Post
Thanks Mark. Had both in database from previous owners. I have a good description of the E. I have the D down as a CMP rifle with Kenyon trigger also. Does the D have the rear swivel, U.S. markings, and oil finished stock?
thanks,
Steve
Steve,
The D is US marked. I donít have it in my hands yet.. It does have the safety lever. If it is a Kenyon, probably the modified version.

Thanks
Mark
Old 12-18-2017, 09:51 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Mark, my notes on the D state that it had a Kenyon trigger + original trigger. Quite possibly Kenyon was removed and original installed by previous owner, or, as you stated, it was a Kenyon modified trigger. People unfamiliar with the triggers get them confused sometimes.
Steve
Old 01-17-2018, 04:54 AM
wwace

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwace View Post
E123011
Factory International
Kenyon
Counterbored Muzzle/Crown
bright blued
Steve, what would be the correct list of factory Accessories to go with this rifle?

I hope to pickup some of these in the future and need to learn what to look for, I only have an incorrect hook as of now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2018, 08:45 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
They came with the factory brochure which show's trigger adjustment,bolt removal etc, warranty card, Kenyon instructions, hook buttplate with ribbed rubber insert, ribbed rubber flat buttplate, Freeland palmrest, and handstop with removable swivel similar the to swivel used on the Super Grade model 70, scope blocks on barrel, and lastly Kenyon trigger sear release tool.
Steve
Old 02-20-2018, 01:40 PM
jerry46

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Steve,
I purchased Winchester 52-D serial number 108286D a few years ago. It has a heavy barrel, matte finish, 2 1/2" flat bench rest type stock, and a Redfield International Match sight. It does have old type bases still attached as though it may have at one time had a scope. It is a single shot. The gun shoots fantastic. Is there anything you know about this gun that I don't ????

Jerry
Old 02-20-2018, 02:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Jerry, about all I can tell you is that it was purchased from CMP back in 2013 as a barreled action. Does the bolt match the s/n on rifle? That's always a plus, but not necessarily of accuracy potential. Sound's like you have a nice shooter!
Steve
Old 02-24-2018, 04:49 PM
seedram

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just purchased a 52 D with the SN 121471. It is the standard weight barrel. Do you have this one in the database? Anything you can tell me about it?
Thanks!
Old 02-24-2018, 05:26 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
That is a new number for me, so really cannot tell you much about it. Could I get some more info from you? Is it all original, i.e., original buttpad, no extra holes , etc?
I can tell you that out of the 1667 D s/n's I have recorded, standard weight rifles make up only about 7%. Keep in mind, these are rifles that have been positively identified as being standard weight. Unfortunately, many of the numbers represent just "D&E rifles", with no further info. That said, I do not expect the total % to reach 10% of total sales, more likely around 7.5 - 8%.
Steve
Old 02-24-2018, 06:31 PM
seedram

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The gun still has the original buttpad on it. I donít think it has been refinished and barrel has not been altered. Bad new is it does have extra hole in the top of the receiver 🤮. Let me see if I can post a picture
Old 04-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Osirus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
119066D
26" CR&PJ Hart stainless barrel, 1.250" non-taper
No sights, no dovetails, Unertl blocks
52-D prone stock

There are two of these in existence, the other (AFAIK) in owned by Don Pind, who ran the custom shop at USRAC/Winchester when I was there as director of the arms lab.

These were never meant to be stocked, and used as ammo testing guns mounted in a shooting horse.

I found them in my office, and took them to Don who had them fitted into these stocks. He got one as a bribe to do mine.
They then went to Lee Harris, who ran customer service.
He had the original 52 roll stamps and applied them to the barrel.
He was also the guy who could sell these rifles to employees.
I forgot what I paid, but it was around $100 in 1992.

I guess you could say it's a factory custom rifle.
I have since fitted a Canjar single set trigger.

Last edited by Osirus; 04-08-2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added info
Old 04-08-2018, 04:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Sound's like a great and interesting rifle. I would like to see pictures if you are so inclined. I know Don very well, and he has never mentioned having a 52. Perhaps he sold it after he left Winchester. Thanks for taking time to send number and elaborate on history of the rifle. My email is [email protected] if you would like to send pictures.
Steve
Old 04-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Osirus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don may have never purchased it, He left Winchester soon after.
I just assume he did as they are pretty cool.
Obviously, not an offhand gun.
I shoot it with a 24x, 2" Unertl target scope.
Don also restocked a nice lo wall for me, and had some of my stuff sent to bluing.
Great guy, we tried to start a pistol team, but HR said no.

Last edited by Osirus; 04-08-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:32 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Thanks, I will give Don a call or drop by and see him when I get the chance.
Steve
Old 03-07-2019, 11:55 PM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I recently purchased a 52D formerly owned by a Camp Perry competitor,Mr. Thomas Shacklett.
Serial # 114298
It has been confirmed by Hart as having been built by Clyde R Hart.It has a Hart stainless steel barrel with same length and diameter as a normal 52D Heavy Barrel.It was built with a Kenyon trigger and mounted in a bedded prone(?) stock by an unknown at this time stockmaker.
The stock has a removable cheek rest so the bolt may be removed to clean the bore without removing the barre & receiver from the stock. The plates(?) in the butt stock and cheek rest are stamped TOMSEN.
Mr.Tomsen received a Silver Medal at the 1948 Olympics,he was originally from NYC but was living in Connecticut before he passed away.
My rifle's former owner resided in the Nashville,TN. area so it is possible my stock was made by Mr.Tomsen as some RFC members have stated he did make a few stocks.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:51 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Larry, thanks for posting the info on your rifle. I had previously entered into the database when we discussed it earlier.
Steve