Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:51 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

okay, okay,

when vincent proposed the "ZEE-row" game, it got me thinking, oh-oh, look out
LOL, rico is thinking again,

but, was just shooting 25 yard groups and NOT really making any improvements, so to speak, vincents' concept is a "tuffy", this new game is also hard and is gonna cost me some good ammo, but that is part of my expectations, and cant get away from that; small holes and good ammo go hand in hand, just have to find the "right" stuff,

ya wanna go faster, its gonna cost a bit more, or sumpin like that, been there,

BUT with all the xpertise on this forum and as much as i have learned, i WILL
be there in the 1/8" club soon. i have NO doubt about THAT part, just hope i can do it before i run out of good ammo, LOL, nothing more frustrating than
that one "stinkin'" flyer to ruin a good group, but have put all the "goodies"
into one gun, so NO xcuses from montanny, if i cant do it, then it is the shooter
pulling the trigger, LOL,

rico....

Old 07-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Speed costs money, How fast do YOU want to go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 07-21-2007, 10:42 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to rigrat
LOL, I'm just wondering who is going to shoot in first you or Rico. You two have point I'm going to bring up the rear on this one, LOL.

Was wondering about bedding the Bandito, looks like I'll be taking the coke shim out tonight and bedding the rear of the rcvr for sure now. Going to need everything just right for this one. I'm still in the air about whether to bed the barrel or not, leaning towards it now.

Vince if you take a action out of one of yours and want to take a picture of your bedding go right ahead, then post it.

Did you bed the rear of the rcvr and the barrel - the first 1.5" in front of the action? Seems like you got the bedding thing down pat and any suggestions will be appreciated.

Rico, rack em up Bandito thinks she may get lucky sometime this month, LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2007, 10:56 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
well, all,

the wind died down, changed the danged scope mount, just in time as the sun was slowly heading west as it usually does at this time, so........thought i'd give it a try just to check out the scope, looked good with cheap ammo, sooooo,

broke open a box of SK+ had to re-zero the scope as was xpected and after 1/2 a box settled in for some groups, and came up with these groups, one of which is waaay out there, was hoping for 4 good ones, but, oh well....

so i suppose i will be the first to take care of the pool hall which i am not a stranger to, LOL,

now to figger out how to place names on the game thingee,

rico....

Old 07-21-2007, 11:12 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Congrats Rico

Well guess I was right knew you or Vince would be first, LOL.

Great shooting, so whats next 1/16th inch club. Now you have to step up to the plate and shoot some z-rows.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:20 PM
AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Great shooting Rico! The Master proves to his Padawon that there is more training needed
Old 07-21-2007, 11:58 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
LOL, rigger,

i think this is about the max i can go. will give it a try with some cheap ammo
and see how that goes, but am not xpecting much.
BTW, got ONE whole ZERO, LOL, now THAT game is gonna be a "sum-beach",

AK,

still am NO master of anything, might've got lucky. you got the ammo, go for it

IF i didn't find the prob with the scope i would still be chasing myself and wasting ammo.

anybody wanna buy a POS scope mount $50.00 shipped? LOL,

rico....

Old 07-22-2007, 12:10 AM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
LOL,

Now thats what I was just thinking about this 8-ball game. Just like when I used to shot pool , I'd call one pocket and it would end up in one of the others. Which eye did you put the patch on? Got to try the patch seems to be working for you.

Ok all

Captain Rico has the helm who's going to step up and assume the duties of Chief Mate?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:22 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
rigger, that is funny,

but just to be "safe", i use a patch on both eyes, LOL, as they are both bad, LOL,

in my days when i hung out at the pool halls, we were called "rack-boys", and got a nickle for every game i racked up. i think about it now and wanna barf. but in the early sixties, if i hustled, i could make a few $$$ only to lose it to the "hustlers", but sure learned a lot about how to shoot pool, which un-fortunately i never retained. would rather play darts, LOL,

yea, this game is kinda humourously built around the 8-ball game. sink it ahead of time, and someone yells, "RACK-EM", LOL, lotta good memories,

rico....

Last edited by RICOCHET; 07-22-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:10 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
FWIW,

take a good look at post # 19 at the 4 mzrn'g shots.
they are not equal, or in-line as to the POA, vs the POI, they should be all the same, kinda off. stuff like this bothers me, as i try my best to adjust the scope
once i'm on zero and want my POA and POI to be exactly the same. otherwise what is the sense, ?? some shooters adjust so the POI is a bit off centered
so the POA is not blown out. i like to blow out the POA as i just aim for the same hole,

rico....

Old 07-22-2007, 01:41 AM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I know what you mean Rico. But I think the differences in the POI on the measuring groups are like I do seems like we tend to move ever so slight or our POA is off just a tad.

I have tried to make my POI slightly different than the POA but it is distracting to me. I shoot like you to the first hole, and have shot some of my best groups by adjusting the 2nd shots to the hit of the first. I'm not as steady as I used to be and am at the point where I need bifocals to go with my nearsightedness and astigmatism .

So for now I keep shooting the center out when I can , Easier for me to see the hole in the paper.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:02 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
FWIW, rigger,

i have the dreaded astigmatism, and i do wear bifocals, but at times when doing close up work i need to remove my glasses, and as OPS always says, gettin' old aint for sissies. a lot of truth in that, and is why i was never a good pool shooter, way too much green and couldn't focus right. HAY, maybe that is why my groups are so helter skelter,

rico....

Old 07-22-2007, 02:28 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
well,

everyone has their own theory about POA and POI. i like both to co-incide.

that is why i am always adjusting the scope when i find a certain ammo
a bit off from the POI vs POA. i want my holes to go where i am aiming at
precisely. that is one reason i have a hard time with targets that have no x-hairs to correlate to with the scope. but, LOL, gophers dont have x-hairs stuck to their heads,

rico....

Old 07-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigrat View Post
LOL, I'm just wondering who is going to shoot in first you or Rico. You two have point I'm going to bring up the rear on this one, LOL.

Was wondering about bedding the Bandito, looks like I'll be taking the coke shim out tonight and bedding the rear of the rcvr for sure now. Going to need everything just right for this one. I'm still in the air about whether to bed the barrel or not, leaning towards it now.

Vince if you take a action out of one of yours and want to take a picture of your bedding go right ahead, then post it.

Did you bed the rear of the rcvr and the barrel - the first 1.5" in front of the action? Seems like you got the bedding thing down pat and any suggestions will be appreciated.

Rico, rack em up Bandito thinks she may get lucky sometime this month, LOL.
Yard work for most of the day today and recovery for at least the rest of the day. I'll try to get some pictures later and post tonight.

I bed the entire receiver with trigger assy. removed. I usually have to file the bedding a little to get the action in with the trigger attached.

As to the barrel area I have posted this before but last year I stumbled onto something that works great with with the Heavy Sporters and my Skeeter barrel.

I DO NOT bed right in front of the action. I leave about an inch unbedded and then put about (not real critical to be perfectly this size) a 1.5" pad of bedding. One way or another I make sure the is slight up pressure on the barrel. Easiest way is to wrap the barrel with tape right at the forearm tip. This also centers the barrel in the channel for you. Up pressure ensures that you will have enough scope ajustment.

Back to the subject at hand.....

Old 07-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'd like to point out that Rico was ONLY .020", a very small measurement to be sure, from being the first one to shoot a 2 ZEE target.

.020". 4-5 pieces of magazine paper thickness. Not very much.........2 ZEE was right there.

Closed Thread