Finished 351KA - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-26-2019, 09:21 AM
luna3
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2007
Location: 
Peoples Republic of New Yorkistan
Posts: 
83
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finished 351KA



Log in to see fewer ads
Done! We'll see soon how it shoots. Fingers crossed.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2019, 09:22 AM
luna3
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2007
Location: 
Peoples Republic of New Yorkistan
Posts: 
83
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Two more6.jpg

7.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2019, 09:16 PM
gunsisme's Avatar
gunsisme
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2010
Location: 
Weaverville, NC, Gunsmith
Posts: 
2,408
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Nice! Very well done congrats. What bluing did you use?

Last edited by gunsisme; 07-26-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 07-27-2019, 05:51 AM
SFAL
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Posts: 
94
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
nice job,,,,what did you use on stock
al
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-27-2019, 07:15 AM
luna3
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2007
Location: 
Peoples Republic of New Yorkistan
Posts: 
83
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After a complete tear down I ordered new plastic parts from Numrich and new springs and sear from Havlin's. Front and rear sights got tossed (beyond salvage) and dovetails filled. All steel got sanded down to white, the stock was basically soaked with a dark walnut dye.

For the stock, which was walnut, I sanded all the dye off, which really made the grain and figure stand out, gave it a couple of coats of linseed, then used sanding sealer and lacquer to finish. It really pops in the sun. Truthfully, that walnut was really kind of plain.

The steel was treated with Oxpho liquid (two coats) and then I used Oxpho cream (many coats). You cannot even tell there were dovetails. The trigger would not take the Oxpho so I polished it bright.

I'm very pleased with the result. My only complaint really, is the plastic buttpad. The fit was really poor. And I'll add that I used the liquid rust remover from Harbor freight for the small parts. That stuff worked great. Thanks for checking it out. Now I'm looking to do another!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you Complete, or Finished? gunsmither RFC Community Forum 4 02-21-2019 11:24 AM
Finished my Charger project Thestarling Charger 10 04-22-2018 09:56 PM
My Retirement Rifle. Finished! gatorglenn Henry 17 06-01-2017 03:02 PM
Mauser 22 Finally Finished (many pics) TEDDY BEAR RAT Mauser 17 07-27-2010 10:04 PM
Mauser 22 Finally Finished (pics galore) TEDDY BEAR RAT Open Rimfire 22 07-27-2010 07:45 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x