info request--beretta 76W & 2 vitesse olympique unique pistols - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:41 PM
nanuk2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
info request--beretta 76W & 2 vitesse olympique unique pistols

I recently came into 3 target pistols that I would appreciate any info. you can provide. I'm a shotgun guy and in somewhat uncharted territory. I found some info on the beretta 76W and I guess it's a decent gun (excellent LNIB)--comments appreciated.
I have found very little info on the french items--so here is some info on them--both are 22 short cal. 1 is model DES 823U-the other is DES VO. THe 823 was imported by Beeman inc . What I find very interesting on these 2 are the porting/holes on top of the barrel--the 823 has 4 holes (2 open & 2 with screws inserted). The VO has 8 holes( 4 open-2 with flat head screws & 2 with allen head screws/plugs). Apparently these holes/screws relate to adjusting the velocity???
I have fired the 76W and the 823 They both work fine and I must say the french pistols seem to have great triggers (then again, I'm a shotgun guy).
My questions are, is it OK to use high velocity 22 shorts in the french pistols & what is the general opinion of them (Great--OK-junk).
I am aware they were rapid fire 25 meter pistols that are no longer part of the Olympic program--thus is there a market or fair value for these items in todays world.
Thanks for taking the time to read at this post and I appreciate any info. you may provide.
regards
Bob
Old 02-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Philc1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't know a thing about your pistols but they sound very neat. Would youpost some pics of them? specifically the porting.
Thanks
Old 02-12-2019, 09:51 AM
nanuk2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have a couple pics--appreciate info on how to add them to my post. thx Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2019, 01:32 AM
BigLoop22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bob,

Does this help you?:

https://skivebom.com/wp/des-823u/

BigLoop22
Old 02-13-2019, 08:03 AM
nanuk2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes, That does help--thank you. I'll print it off--now to find some info on the other one
. If anyone would like a pic or 2 please pm me with your email address.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:22 AM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No experience with the French gun but I do have a 98% 76W that I would comment on. It's a really nice gun that shoots well and so far has functioned perfect with probably 200-250 rounds shot. They are very smooth regarding slide operation, mag release, hammer, trigger ect. I am not to crazy about the stipply type finish on some parts of the gun but it is what it is.

But, there is one huge issue with mine and that is it shoots around 4" high at 25 yards with the rear sight bottomed out. I have looked for a replacement front sight but never found one for sale. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe when new, the 76 shipped with 3 front sight inserts and they are simple to change. Unfortunately mine is up for sale now because of this. I really like the gun and may take if off consignment but I can't fix the sight issue because I need a taller front sight, not a shorter one.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:02 PM
nanuk2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kissofdeath
Thx for the info on the 76w--yes, seems like a very nice pistol---Just for your info , mine has the interchangeable front sights which according to my instruction paperwork
indicates the front sights varied in WIDTH--not height.
regards
Bob
Old 02-13-2019, 02:52 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for that feedback/information. That really sucks now. I would have bet money they sights were different height. I guess it will go down the road for sure now. Thanks again.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:09 PM
nanuk2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
KOD--why don't you try to have some weld added to the top of your existing sight--then file/finish to the correct contour .
Old 02-13-2019, 07:57 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't weld and don't have access to a welder. That's a good idea though and I may look around for a local small machine shop and see what they can do.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:33 PM
BigLoop22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bob,

You are welcome. While I have not been able able to find much on the "VO", I did find that it may be a variation of the "69", or the "79" (meaning a "Standard" model; 69, or 79, versus the VO, for "VITESSE OLIMPIQUE"):

BigLoop22
Old 02-13-2019, 09:06 PM
nanuk2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bigloop22
And again , thank you !
My VO does look like the one in the case (with the weight that is attached at the bottom of the barrel).
A little info can be dangerous--think it's safe to shoot high velocity in it?
regards
Bob