Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 10:52 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

DUCK HUNTERS:

This is a new one to me. What the heck is this?

[/QUOTE]
It's a duck 😁 what do I win?
Old 12-06-2019, 11:14 PM
JVStalin

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Smile Can I play , too ?

White banded black duck ?
Old 12-06-2019, 11:56 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
You know you're old. When all you get for Christmas is clothes.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Older when all you get is gift cards.

New season of Mrs. Maisal is on Prime. Watched a lot of episodes.

Off to bed. Got to got o Raleigh to model train meet early [for me].

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, JV, M92, COW, Atonic, AZ, Phil, Rock, 404, jnyork, OldDave, dlong, Hawkeye, koonta, Ranger, Gerald, Brent, RichJ, IHMS, wr, Wayne, Squirrel, Mike, Greggie, toppkat, CMR, 1917, GP, JDWin, Johnny, pans, RonL, carrij, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 12-06-2019, 11:57 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
You know you're old. When all you get for Christmas is clothes.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Got em when I was a kid and glad for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Still donut Friday......
Cuke juice taints everything it touches. sigh!

Black banded scaup. I made that up.

G'nite
Old 12-07-2019, 12:16 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Yesterday. Both thumbs up.

It's a love story, Al. Nobody dies. No explosions or pew, pew.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Dean1151

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cow 54: Its one of the neat small ducks of the west coast. The Green Wing Teal, a small speedster. Wonderful picture. You're getting very good at marsh critters. Thanks!!
Old 12-07-2019, 02:24 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean1151 View Post
Cow 54: Its one of the neat small ducks of the west coast. The Green Wing Teal, a small speedster. Wonderful picture. You're getting very good at marsh critters. Thanks!!
Thanks, Dean...

I must have taken 20 pictures (they're somewhat shy), to get ONE with the duck upright.
They were feeding up a storm. Ducks gotta eat.

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 12-07-2019, 06:03 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Political science is an oxymoron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
..We got this rascal on a low fly-by.
Great blue heron pic.! You should consider entering some photog. contests, seriously. Rather concise photogtraphy, that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Sad thing that Nikon is abandoning rifle scopes..
I agree. They make good products and I cannot imagine how, in the present moment, it makes any sense to abandon rifle optics when N. Korea is as close as it is. I've a pair of their binoculars bought there in the 60's that have great glass.

I still have all of my 35mm Honeywell/Pentax bodies and Asahi glass, from fish eyes to some fair heavy telephotos. Its all screw on, of course, but I personally like it better than bayonet, having always been out of step. Even had an Olympus Pen FT half frame at one time. And my fav. camera story is of a bud that went to an air show w/us decades back when another bud said, "Hey, don't you think that thing would take better pictures w/the lens cover off? The first bud was using his Leica view finder. My first camera was a Brownie Hawkeye box camera that used 120 film.

--

There was left over carrot cake from yesterday's holiday (Christmas) feed at work. I had some when I came in, I had more at break, and some for lunch. I don't want to know what my glucose numbers were before I made it home. I can pass on most items but carrot cake is my weak spot.

That's forgivable 100% of the time, Gerald; carrot cake always gets a pass. Italian cream cake, not so much. But sometimes I take a few bites anyway.

Got my blood work/lab report back w/note from my internist. Am making good progress w/present new regime; A1c almost under control. Glucose still high, but not catastrophically so. Will stay on present regime & Czech again in 3 months.

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
New France.
Okay, but where does that leave the Cajun's and the Coonies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post

Still have the cold and crud. Feel a little better for a little bit, then it feels like 300 lb lineman body slams me..

May I suggest that you open one of those bottles of good bourbon you are holding in reserve and fix yourself a toddy w/some real clover honey? At a minimum, you should find sound sleep easier to achieve and few would argue that the honey has redeeming characteristics. I'd say both components do, but that's just me. Just a thot. And I remember that you don't drink, but a lot of folks that found the original Geritol™ of great value didn't either.
--

Managed five boxes at sporty clays yesterday afternoon before stopping. It was actually quite pleasant w/only a long sleeved pull over on top of a t-shirt, but it started to get chilly toward the end. Had some high cirrus clouds w/the same pinkish gray of a mourning dove that moved in late afternoon from the west. I shot the tougher orange course; twelve stations, but only shooting six targets from each for score; two singles w/one shot ea., then two simo's. I was using the 'delayed pull' and shooting low-gun, FITASC style. Raw score was low 80%, barely. Two presentations that were an honest 50+ yards out beat me totally & it took another six shots on both before I figured them out, that's where the extra box of shells was spent; any time I failed to connect the first try on targets for score, I'd take a few extras until I was comfortable with the presentation.. There was one other presentation that looked to be much farther away than it was, but I figured that one out correctly when shooting it the first time. It was a midi. I was shooting all of them blind w/no preview.

There was but one other individual out shooting sporty clays and he began after I did & shot the generally less difficult green course and only a few stations at that. We spoke briefly back in the club house. He is older than I, or I should say less nimble, but its simply great exercise to be out walking and getting to shoot challenging targets. I figure I walked three miles plus out there yesterday, but I defer from any exact minutia a smart fone app might supply me with on the number of steps taken and such. I honestly need to be walking more than I am, so kinda moving in that direction once more, now that its cooled off. I stayed out of it [taking long walks] during the triple digits we had during the summer. I'm also not as nimble as I once was. Sigh.

--

Bride is getting Christmas 'e'. She showed me a well made copper simmering pot she'd ordered for our friend that we had Thanksgiving with. Said that it took her quite a while to find a source for a nice one on line. Its AZ's remark about the pumpkin pie spice that got her digging out her enameled one and we've been enjoying some good odors around here ever since. Much appreciate that, Frank. She never has taken to my use of the phrase 'cutting a scent' even when its always been in ref. to dogs, but I've been enjoying doing that when entering the house, between the simmering pot and some scented candles she may light, if she is watching TV where they are nearby and in her view. She has also been putting out some small things of Christmas's past. The holiday is tough on her in ways I can't imagine. Stuff happens, we outlive friends and family and sometimes children as well and you don't think its supposed to be that way, but it happens anyway and it tests your faith and leaves holes where there didn't used to be any. I've some nice stocking stuffers and gifts on hand for her and the grandson, if he shows. Now to find them!
--

I may go and shoot some more today or watch college football. I'll bag more leaves on Sunday while the bride coordinates & solidifies the garden club Christmas lunch w/the host this year. Its a big deal to them and I'm glad that it is and that she is involved.. up to the hilt, as it were.
--

I could easily eat all of those nifty donuts depicted, cuc's and all. Someone was thinking outside the sake box.

Last edited by wookness; 12-07-2019 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:03 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Carrot cake is another weakness of mine, still some Cinnamon Rolls and this mornings blood sugar was only 107, just saying.

About 20 of us from Church are going to New Bern to surprise our Lady with a celebration giving her the house back, still a couple of small items but it's in very good shape now. Its been a long road for her, over 14 months.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:13 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I'm just a geek with a camera. I sort of like what I do...

DUCK HUNTERS:

It's a missed opportunity at a good meal.

Ditch the camera and get a shotgun and a dog.

I'm off to do a bit of siding work for a buddy. Not supposed to, but se la vie.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:26 AM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I'm just a geek with a camera. I sort of like what I do...

DUCK HUNTERS:

Green winged teal

Blue winged and Cinnamon teal are 2 other species.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Frank Eagles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Early good morning for me on a Saturday. [would be a lot earlier if hunting] Sunny and 41. Suppose to be cold. ??? Guesser said so. Front came through. ???

Out the door to model train meet and show.

Enjoy the day.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:24 AM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Well it's official . . . .

Gerald (among others) is a bad influence.

I just bid on another bucket list rifle in the auction up in my home town today. I almost drove up, but decided to stay home and put in a last minute online bid that will cost me 3% more than an in person bid. With any luck, I'll win both it and the Mega Millions jackpot with the ticket I bought impulsively yesterday.
I hope The Donald doesn't cut off my pineapple allotment this month to pay lawyers . . . . . . .

Oh look, it's s'NOing (only had about 15" the last few days). . . . .arrrrgggghhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean1151 View Post
ayuh and ayuh (that's Yankeedom speak for sho 'nuff y'all).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
Green winged teal
And another ayuh for second place.

Last edited by gewehrfreund; 12-07-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A frosty 25* at 8:15 this AM. Sun is now above the Mountain and its warming up to freezing today.Yesterday it was cloudy and dreary all day, but warmer.With the sun out ,the day will be better.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Yesterday. Both thumbs up.

It's a love story, Al. Nobody dies. No explosions or pew, pew.
Nothing is free and definitely not love, many said IME, err, so I've read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Gerald (among others) is a bad influence.
Says you the pillar of restraint.

Finn asked if she was seeing a body out there. Yes, several actually, my dear. It feeds my flashbacks to body stacking days....more ways than one, or two, or three.
Back in my father's peak violator days he had me put my 6'4" legs on top of 2 poached,(not cooked poached Splatz), adult deer on the passenger side floorboard of a Ford pickup. Picture a tall high school kid in a truck with his knees up to his ears trying not to look too obvious. Don't make pickups like that anymore.

16˚