Its over. I am NO LONGER Mayor.
Congrats, Frank!!

Time for some research on your upcoming book on "Hotdogs of the World"

Old 12-04-2019, 08:36 AM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There is a thread:
How fast could you once run 100 yds? How about now?

My problem is there is no "if-then" statement.

One thing that drove me to work on being a better marksman was I ain't getting any better at running. And it's not just a socks falling down issue.

I did run against our high schools football team lineman around 1981. Them big boys could really hoof it in the 40 yds. I thought I'd coast, but had to go all out to barely beat them.

Last karting session went by fastest lap time. I had a friend smoke me by .300 seconds and 4 of us were covered by a .031 second spread. We were spread out a bit on track due to average lap times. Fastest single lap is not the best way to judge it, but that was the game and how it gets played. I nicked one guy by .013. I picked off two guys times on my last green flag lap. There is a 28 second club layout and a guy there ran a 29.000 - .001 second too slow.

So many diminishing returns game, so little time.

Last edited by Mike Clark; 12-04-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:53 AM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
Good news, Phil!

Hope you get better wr!

Good match report, jn and shootin report, TD!

I play Spider Solitaire on occasion, but no daily games.

Was tired after yesterday's dialysis session. so took a 4.5 hour nap today. Right in the middle of the nap, I got a case of the shakes...and I had 2 blankets on! I think I'm turning into a woman, I'm always cold. Has to be the loss of all those pounds of insulation I had before.
Dean, I’ve got a spare twenty pounds or so of “insulation” you are WELCOME to have!

This being off work while trying to heal up after surgery business is leaving few highlights in the day other than peeking in the fridge whenever I hobble by......and that just leads to more “insulation” if one isn’t careful!
Old 12-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome Dave.
We'll skip the old part as noted we've a lot of folks that fit the requirements of old by the yutes of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
me up a double hot toddy for medicinal purposes.
You got it.
Disease control doc gave a sermon on the local this a.m. about the fine art of washing one's hands for 20 sec. and using a paper towel to turn off the faucet. With the price of water for us commoners the water doesn't run while we wash our hands. Still... good advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Welcome Sir, it's a pretty friendly place populated by a cast of genuine characters, you'll enjoy it.
Ditto. We're like fresh spaghetti thrown against the wall, some of us stuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Karen's dad is in Hospice on the other side of the river. They put him on O2.
I'm not in agreement on his care, but, or rather 'so' , I'm keeping my trap shut..
They've got him on a Morphine drip. When I ask if the morphine is for him, or for the staff, I get the stink eye.
I pray the Lord to give me the strength to never allow myself to be in his situation. Old Yeller had it better, and a more fitting end.

Big 4 on that!

We've got to know your opinion on Maple Sausage links. How you answer is important.

Gots to look up this SnowJoe character as it seems he gets around. Never heard of em before my lectric snow moving tools.

Ain't gonna say what I thought folks meant by hump day back when I was ignorant.

Average 23˚ day with Tubbys treading on thin ice at Last.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=koonta;11691267]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
I remember giving the ex the elbow while starting a chainsaw in a dream, and no that's not why she's the ex.
Tiz why the Finn and I have our own sleeping 1/4s. Ask her and she'll blame my flopping around. No more flopping but her saw didn't get more quiet. Its werked well for some time now for a better nite's sleep.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:04 AM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
I am new to this forum. Found it looking for info on a Mossberg Model 43 purchased off a motorcycle forum. This is the only gun forum I am a member of. I am not a stranger to firearms and own quite a few but never did own a 22 rifle until now. Have pistols, Air rifles, black powder and rifles of many calibers and a shotgun. Happy to see a High Standard section as I have a small collection of their 22 pistols.

There seems to be some folks on this forum as old as me. Posts of Daisy BB guns and Lawnboy 2 stroke lawn mowers(both of which I have many hours with) seem to indicate folks of my generation. Got my Daisy for Xmas at 8 yrs old. Best Xmas ever.

In the short time I have been here I have learned a good deal about rimfire rifles. There is a vast knowledge from members who are always very helpful.

Unfortunately there is also a down side. I think this interest will have a detrimental affect on my wallet. I am already yearning for a Ruger 10/22. A person could disappear down the rabbit hole with one of those.

Dave
This place has literally cost me tens of thousands of dollars since 2006. I’m better now after tens of thousands of dollars in therapy.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:07 AM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What happened to making the new guy wear the tutu And no warning about Splatz you guys are slacking
Old 12-04-2019, 10:08 AM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
Morning. 34 and sunny. Getting ready to go east to work on camper shelter.

Hope all is better with YWC.

Gerald, understand. Sounds like she has hooked on as she thinks an elected official will make her somebody. Seen that in my long life of working political campaigns and as an elected official. Sad us guys will fall for that.

Thanks Rock.

Welcome OldDave.

Do hope all have a happy and safe day.
It’s a very expensive piece of real estate.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:14 AM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koonta View Post
Picked up my first smartphone yesterday, oy, this is gonna take a little trial and error.
In a few days your going to wonder how you did without it.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:24 AM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
[QUOTE=Al the Infidel;11691323]
Quote:
Originally Posted by koonta View Post

Tiz why the Finn and I have our own sleeping 1/4s. Ask her and she'll blame my flopping around. No more flopping but her saw didn't get more quiet. Its werked well for some time now for a better nite's sleep.
What we really need to know is whether you have visiting rights.

Last edited by gewehrfreund; 12-04-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:32 AM
OldDave
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the welcome.

Don't know what's with the no cat's but that's not problem. Always been a dog person. Had several. Got one now. A Border Collie. Let me correct that. I think she's got me and has me trained too.

OldDave dog story.

Best dog I ever had was given to us by my wife's aunt. She was moving from a house to an apartment and didn't have room. It was a 98lb Doberman. A good looking dog not a ounce of fat on him. An inside dog completely house trained. He was fawn colored. The color of a card board box. A pedigreed very expensive dog. I didn't want it because I worked with two guys with Dobermans that were both bit by their own dogs and we had two young daughters.

We had the dog a week when the dog and I were alone in the house. The dog was in front of me as we walked from the dining room into the living room. The dog stopped and hiked his leg on the sofa which surprised me. As I reached for his collar he growled and snapped at me. Scared the crap out of me. Just out of survival mode and reflex action I back handed I him halfway across the living room. After that he was my dog and never any problem.

The girls could do anything they wanted to him. He was very protective of them. Momma took care of discipline with them. I never spanked them and don't recall momma ever did. However I am not certain if I did that the dog would not bite me and he was my dog.

Last edited by OldDave; 12-04-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:56 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Range day! Is on hold due to rain. Thursday looks like a nice day...

Dave. Hold on to your wallet and enjoy the ride!

Life is good!

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 12-04-2019, 11:25 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
This Rebel hates Rulz

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:26 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm off to the shop to look at the revolver I'm supposed to refinish.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:09 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Off tomorrow for the annual physical. The Warden told me on the ride in this morning that I need to go get the tree this year. No pressure considering she will look at no less than 8 trees before picking the one she thinks is best.

Oh this little errand has success written all over it.