Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 09:47 PM
koonta

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Picked up my first smartphone yesterday, oy, this is gonna take a little trial and error.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:00 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
I think I'm turning into a woman, I'm always cold.
I mean

Congrats Gerald.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:09 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its over. I am NO LONGER Mayor. Got another tribute from the new Mayor. This is getting funny. Why is he sucking up to me. He asked again if I would have his back. Everyone says he is scared of me. I don't care. Staff is shaking their heads and coming to me after the meeting. Seems he grandstands every item on the agenda. Make meeting go on and on. The PIO whispered in my ear, this was too long. Then she said she was "digging" in nails in the palms of her hands. Said he would never shut up. My answer was,

When I got home, I ate a bag of popcorn. Before I finished a friend text me a need for PD to check a suspicious vehicle she saw on the bypass. I text Chief. He handled. Then she text me, "I'm glad I'm not a voting citizen." It will taper off I'm sure.

COW, great photos.

Szumi, you can't give your cold to anyone. You gave it to me.

Rolling out real early to Edgecombe. Do the camper shelter thingy. Got metal and 2x4's today.

Rhody, prayers for YWC. Hope all went well.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, Rock, Ranger, COW, AZ, Atonic, M92, Gerald, Brent, RichJ, IHMS, koonta, dlong, wr, Wayne, Hawkeye, OldDave, Squirrel, 404, Phil, Mike, Greggie, jnyork, toppkat, CMR, JV, 1917, GP, JDWin, Johnny, pans, RonL, carrij, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 12-04-2019, 03:32 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Koonta,

No, this one has a stamped steel deck. I wish it didn't. I had a 'gold' one a long time back that was a great small mower w/the cast light weight deck that I used for trim work mostly after mowing w/a rider, but my brother needed a mower, so I gave it to him. When I was traveling, I needed the rider to get the mowing done quickly so I could go shoot! Also used to have more large trees to mow around and string trimmers were yet to come.

Yard work is a special place for me, always has been; it lets me be in a place away from everyone else's hustles & drama. I'll be out there come dawn extricating some invasive dandy lions w/a new Japanese made yard knife I recently purchased form SnoJoe. My old one up and disappeared and the bride is in the Schultz(sp?) mode/role. She knows nothing! Its just life; I'll take it. And it could be that I've simply hidden it from myself. It wouldn't be the first time. I could end up being like Two Gun Cohen, but in the yard w/diggers. I'm a bit of a rouster, when it comes to weeds.. and its my def.'s which plants qualify. Does that make me a plantist?
--

One of my close buds, the one we shared Thanksgiving with, had his 16 yr. old Draather(sp?) pass day before last. We'll be having a late lunch together today to toast that fine guy. I was glad that I had the opportunity to give him some scratches and attention on Thanksgiving; we liked each other, a lot. He was always my bud when I was around and not to anyone's chagrin. Just one of those things. He and my former dog didn't get along well together, both alpha males, so some hunts were either or. I've shot many a pheasant & some quail over that guy in years past and watched him beat other dogs to retrieve a dove; never seen a more motivated or better trained dog. He was trained by a couple of gays that my friend contracted with & I've never seen any dog that would/could hunt pheasant like he did, none. His stamina was boundless from youth thru entering old age. He had a great run, but his end was near and we all knew it. So did he.
--

Expect you will find retirement plenty busy, Frank and the 'ex' status will take a while to fully sink in for many folks, but you'll get there, sorta. As long as you have even one finger in that pot, folks will want to drag you in for something else, be it opinion or assistance. Just saying. I'd sent a note to Robin to share w/you earlier on the 15th, but don't know if she did or not. Congrats on a good career in the public. No way could I dance successfully on that fence. Its a fact.
--

I'd retired early & then found myself waking when I normally retire. I'll get it worked out. Old guys on the dole can do that. Have prayed that YWG's surgery went well and that others here, inclusive of Kent, receive positive relief from their travails. Going down life's path can be/is challenging. We all need all the help we can get, but take time to smell the coffee and grin when you find a daisy or a four leaf clover and never forget to say, "Thank You!"
Old 12-04-2019, 04:35 AM
OldDave
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am new to this forum. Found it looking for info on a Mossberg Model 43 purchased off a motorcycle forum. This is the only gun forum I am a member of. I am not a stranger to firearms and own quite a few but never did own a 22 rifle until now. Have pistols, Air rifles, black powder and rifles of many calibers and a shotgun. Happy to see a High Standard section as I have a small collection of their 22 pistols.

There seems to be some folks on this forum as old as me. Posts of Daisy BB guns and Lawnboy 2 stroke lawn mowers(both of which I have many hours with) seem to indicate folks of my generation. Got my Daisy for Xmas at 8 yrs old. Best Xmas ever.

In the short time I have been here I have learned a good deal about rimfire rifles. There is a vast knowledge from members who are always very helpful.

Unfortunately there is also a down side. I think this interest will have a detrimental affect on my wallet. I am already yearning for a Ruger 10/22. A person could disappear down the rabbit hole with one of those.

Dave

Last edited by OldDave; 12-04-2019 at 04:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:47 AM
JVStalin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
There is a vast knowledge from members who are always very helpful.

Unfortunately there is also a down side. I think this interest will have a detrimental affect on my wallet. I am already yearning for a Ruger 10/22. A person could disappear down the rabbit hole with one of those.

Dave
"The first one's free ! " Be careful near the CZ section ; it is full of wallet-draining enablers .
Old 12-04-2019, 05:27 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
I am new to this forum. Found it looking for info on a Mossberg Model 43 purchased off a motorcycle forum. This is the only gun forum I am a member of. I am not a stranger to firearms and own quite a few but never did own a 22 rifle until now. Have pistols, Air rifles, black powder and rifles of many calibers and a shotgun. Happy to see a High Standard section as I have a small collection of their 22 pistols.

There seems to be some folks on this forum as old as me. Posts of Daisy BB guns and Lawnboy 2 stroke lawn mowers(both of which I have many hours with) seem to indicate folks of my generation. Got my Daisy for Xmas at 8 yrs old. Best Xmas ever.

In the short time I have been here I have learned a good deal about rimfire rifles. There is a vast knowledge from members who are always very helpful.

Dave
Welcome OldDave. Plenty of Old Geezers here in The Watering Hole and on RFC. Now that you have found this place, it's all over with and downhill from here. Plenty of enablers, so keep your wallet close.

Just so you know, The Watering Hole thread is closed or flipped by Rhody every week and a new one started, usually on Sundays. Al is the proprietor and I don't think he allows cats in the bar. Doughnuts on Fridays and Sophia in the evil admin lady.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:46 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Prayers continue for Dean, Phil, YWC, Brent, Kent, and others in need.

Nice guns you picked up Gerald. Good on you for the continued good werk you do.

Head and chest full of crud and feel awful. Will keep up on TWH, but may not post much 'til I start feeling better.

I should get a tree while the weather is still good. One local seasonal tree lot left in the area from probably a dozen in my youth. Can haggle price a bit as in A Christmas Story. Several u-cut tree farms, but most local one is very proud of his trees and is priced near to dlong big apple prices.

Also need to pick up the wreath from the florist for placement at the cemetery.

Take care my friends. Al, set me up a double hot toddy for medicinal purposes.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:20 AM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
Its over. I am NO LONGER Mayor.

Congratulations Frank. Enjoy your (semi)retirement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2019, 06:56 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:

Dave
Welcome Sir, it's a pretty friendly place populated by a cast of genuine characters, you'll enjoy it.

Wife went to bed at 8pm last night, as she puts it her "wagon was dragging", I followed around 10pm, she fired up her chainsaw about 4:30 this morning so I got on up, lol.

Frank, we retired a long term Mayor here in Mebane as well, 32 years if I recall correctly, good conservative fellow replaced by, well NOT. New guy's wife passed about 4 years ago and he's just announced his engagement to one of the Town Trollops, the local ladies are all a wag over this one. The betroved apparently showed herself at the retirement/swearing in ceremony, lol, glad I missed it. I was off buying guns. Small Town politics you gotta' love 'em.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:31 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

I've got to pass by the shop today. I've got a new parkerizing project to undertake, and the stock I'm redoing will need another coat of oil.

The parkerizing project is a S&W revolver. I may go buy a couple of stainless stock pots at Sprawl-Mart, instead of filling my 40" stainless tanks from Brownells.
I'd be much easier to return the solution to it's container without spilling.

Karen's dad is in Hospice on the other side of the river. They put him on O2.
I'm not in agreement on his care, but, or rather 'so' , I'm keeping my trap shut..
They've got him on a Morphine drip. When I ask if the morphine is for him, or for the staff, I get the stink eye.
I pray the Lord to give me the strength to never allow myself to be in his situation. Old Yeller had it better, and a more fitting end.

Quote:

Dave
Welcome to the friendliest little corner of the interwebs. 10/22's are a hoot to shoot, but the 'good stuff' are the CZs.
Brian gave you the low down. I'm in charge of donuts on Fridays. Sometimes my memory fails me, so someone will toss a hint or three.

We've got to know your opinion on Maple Sausage links. How you answer is important.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:35 AM
Frank Eagles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Morning. 34 and sunny. Getting ready to go east to work on camper shelter.

Hope all is better with YWC.

Gerald, understand. Sounds like she has hooked on as she thinks an elected official will make her somebody. Seen that in my long life of working political campaigns and as an elected official. Sad us guys will fall for that.

Thanks Rock.

Welcome OldDave.

Do hope all have a happy and safe day.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:15 AM
koonta

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=gmd1950;11691233]Welcome Sir, it's a pretty friendly place populated by a cast of genuine characters, you'll enjoy it.

Wife went to bed at 8pm last night, as she puts it her "wagon was dragging", I followed around 10pm, she fired up her chainsaw about 4:30 this morning so I got on up, lol.

When I first got into heating with an outside wood furnace I remember giving the ex the elbow while starting a chainsaw in a dream, and no that's not why she's the ex.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:23 AM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Quote:
I am new to this forum.

Dave
Welcome aboard. There's always room for another geezer. . . I mean, experienced participant.
If you like (or can stand) guns, donuts and questionable humor, then you'll probably be comfortable here.

We're tolerant of most things,

except politics

and cursing

and bare-chested young muscular men with donuts

oh, and cats. No cats allowed.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:25 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Spoon

A lesson on how consultants can make a difference in an organization. Very impressive!

Last week, we took some friends to a new restaurant, 'Steve's Place,' and noticed that the waiter who took our order carried a spoon in his shirt pocket. It seemed a little strange.

When the busboy brought our water and utensils, I observed that he also had a spoon in his shirt pocket. Then I looked around and saw that all the staff had spoons in their pockets. When the waiter came back to serve our soup I inquired, 'Why the spoon?'

'Well,'
he explained, 'the restaurant's owner hired Andersen Consulting to revamp all of our processes. After several months of analysis, they concluded that the spoon was the most frequently dropped utensil. It represents a drop frequency of approximately 3 spoons per table per hour.

‘If our personnel are better prepared, we can reduce the number of trips back to the kitchen and save 15 man-hours per shift.'

As luck would have it, I dropped my spoon and he replaced it with his spare. 'I'll get another spoon next time I go to the kitchen instead of making an extra trip to get it right now.' I was impressed.

I also noticed that there was a string hanging out of the waiter's fly.

Looking around, I saw that all of the waiters had the same string hanging from their flies. So, before he walked off, I asked the waiter, 'Excuse me, but can you tell me why you have that string right there?'

‘Oh, certainly!' Then he lowered his voice. 'Not everyone is so observant. That consulting firm I mentioned also learned that we can save time in the restroom. By tying this string to the tip of our you-know-what, we can pull it out without touching it and eliminate the need to wash our hands, shortening the time spent in the restroom by 76.39%.

I asked quietly, 'After you get it out, how do you put it back?'

'Well,'
he whispered, 'I don't know about the others, but I use the spoon.'

Closed Thread