The Watering Hole 12-2-2019 - Page 9 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 10:49 AM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)

The Hotdogville Mayor's new theme song.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:13 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
46F today, but with a little rain coming this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

COW, good camera and lenses report.

Thank goodness (yesterday) I left the mega-lens home. The vertical component of that hike like to kilt me, and I was only carrying a 300mm lens.

Today if everything goes right, we'll go to Cinder Mine with the little Olympus and a 42mm lens.
Packing light. It's small, but it takes exceptional pictures!

Life is good!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA308573 cm mine hole warning.JPG (178.7 KB, 6 views)

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol

Last edited by COW 54; 12-03-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:32 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I think I'm catching Szumi's cold.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:46 AM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
Haven't had a flu shot or had the flu in years The last time I got one it was a requirement to work at the Children's Hospital addition in Dallas. One of my coworkers did not come to work which was unusual because he hadn't missed a day in years. I asked his son where he was and found out he was really sick in bed. The next day I was also sicker than a dog. Both of us were sick within 10 days after the shot. No more flu shots for me even though every time I go to the VA they offer. I have read that they don't work as well on old folks.

Talked to a Phd in biology who works at a big lab which manufactures the vaccine here. He said he would never get one. He said you would not believe what they put in it. His word was good enough for me.
I do work in hospital and one of them had a requirement for the shot. they would put a little sticker on your ID access card. If you didn't get the shot you had to wear a mask. Never got the shot or wore a mask. Never got the flu. Had a few colds though.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:42 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
COW, I forget, which Oly do you have?

Back in the film day I had an OM1 with 3 or 4 lenses. Excellent camera in its day.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:28 PM
wrwindsor
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good afternoon!

Got something bothering me, stomach was paining me last night and I didn't get much good sleep. I'm also sneezing out blobs of yuck now-and-again.

Got the flu shot over a month ago, so it ain't that.

Got the dryer functional rather quickly yesterday and my two loads for the week have been run through it. Warm, clean underwear is happy underwear.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:29 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Our club match this morning, .22 rimfire benchrest at 50 yards, both scopes and iron sights. Not so hot on the scope match but with the ironsights I scored 398/400 with 29 X on the A-23 target. Shot my ancient Anschutz 1407 and SK Rifle Match ammo. Cool and breezy , we all left our coats on.

A good time was had by all.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:24 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Our club match this morning, .22 rimfire benchrest at 50 yards, both scopes and iron sights. Not so hot on the scope match but with the ironsights I scored 398/400 with 29 X on the A-23 target. Shot my ancient Anschutz 1407 and SK Rifle Match ammo. Cool and breezy , we all left our coats on.

That's some fine shooting, Mr. York!

Just came in for a cup of joe & to blow the leaf dust from my snoz and thot to take the pulse here & see whot was cooking.

Impressive!
--

I'm about half way w/running a 21" mulching mower over the leaves on the front. 6.5 HP quasi-ancient two stroke Lawn Boy w/the last iteration of 2-stroke engines they built made to look outwardly like some of the 4-cycle engines. Lawn mower horse power are even bigger than Detroit HP, ya know and if it were a 4 cycle I could drop a couple of moth balls in the tank and have it make even more. Hey, that was gospel when I was growing up and 5-S Briggs & Stratton's were powering many reel mowers of the day. I had one on a Doodlebug scooter, before up-grading to an 8-S.

Best get back to work and get 'er done before the sun sets.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:57 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Break the big pile up into smaller piles. Mine are piled up by date (one pile per quarter). Not the best method, I'm sure, as it can take a long time to find a particular pic but it lets me enjoy scrolling through memories during the search.
I've no time playing with my piles nor enjoying sorting pix while loading em before my puter bursts into flames in my lap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
No more flu shots for me even though every time I go to the VA they offer. I have read that they don't work as well on old folks.
I get one every year and they make a different dose for old farts, more dead bugs in em probably.

Good range report JN.

Best Buy store here no longer will service Mac puters unless they're iPhones, whatsoever. Up yours Geek Squad!

Mac Support took me 45 min. to finally get a yute, that sounded like I was his first customer, to set up sending me a return shipping box to send my device to CA for the free batt install. blah blah blah...on hold 5 times, crappy scratchy unwanted music, blah blah.......then the kid mumbles to himself or a supervisor, "I might've deleted his info!" What??? He didn't. whew! Got me.

Got grub after lunch per out of lunch makings. Told the bell ringer to keep an eye on my truck while I went shopping. Jest not received as jest was given, grumpy ole geezer him. As Ron would say, whatever!

Back to storing pix one click and drag every 4-7 seconds.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A bright ,cold, windy morning in the Valley.Took a little ride on Skyline Drive this AM. There was ice & snow at some of the higher elevations, no pics of any animals and only saw a few birds.

Still in a running battle with the squirrels,I let the dog chase the front yard ones, I use the BB gun on the backyard ones.

Nice shooting, Mr York.

Hope YWC has a good out come on her surgery.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post
Since I've been getting the IVIG infusion monthly l rarely get sick. Another benefit of the large antibody influx l assume. Still get infections of cuts and ingrown nails and such, and allergy sniffles but flu, bronchitis, etc., not.
Kent is having to do the IVIG treatments now because the chemo has made his immune system weak. He has been sick about 5 or 6 weeks now, but is finally getting better.

Brent
Old 12-03-2019, 04:41 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
COW, I forget, which Oly do you have?

Back in the film day I had an OM1 with 3 or 4 lenses. Excellent camera in its day.
I have an OM1, but both were taken with a Pen E-PL1 w/42mm lens.

Two months ago, and today...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA318592 cinder mine.JPG (267.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PC038693 cinder mine 12-3.JPG (237.8 KB, 3 views)

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol

Last edited by COW 54; 12-03-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:07 PM
flyingsquirrel

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Did you see the Bag magazines on the Trading Post AL? Just a mention
Old 12-03-2019, 05:13 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwindsor View Post
Warm, clean underwear is happy underwear.
It sure does beat the alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post

Good shooting Mr York.

Not bad for a Snow Bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

I'm about half way w/running a 21" mulching mower over the leaves on the front. 6.5 HP quasi-ancient two stroke Lawn Boy w/the last iteration of 2-stroke engines they built made to look outwardly like some of the 4-cycle engines. Lawn mower horse power are even bigger than Detroit HP, ya know and if it were a 4 cycle I could drop a couple of moth balls in the tank and have it make even more. Hey, that was gospel when I was growing up and 5-S Briggs & Stratton's were powering many reel mowers of the day. I had one on a Doodlebug scooter, before up-grading to an 8-S.

I remember hearing the moth ball thing when I was a kid.

Those side shaft reel mower motors where sought after when I was growing up.

Put up a target at 15 yards today and fired 10 shots each out of all three GP 100's. Shot the .22 first, then the .357, then the 44 Special. After shooting all three in one session I came in the house and called Wolff and ordered another trigger spring.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:20 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
< snippage! >

Put up a target at 15 yards today and fired 10 shots each out of all three GP 100's. Shot the .22 first, then the .357, then the 44 Special. After shooting all three in one session I came in the house and called Wolff and ordered another trigger spring.
Inquiring minds (and new GP100 owners) need to know why, and which.

Closed Thread