The Watering Hole 11-25-19 - Page 28 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 10:43 AM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Uni-brow?
No bello, jet black duo-brow, black hair, green eyes, . . . . . ..
Old 12-01-2019, 10:54 AM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Old 12-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Al shut the door. I woke up it was 35 degrees.
Little bits of ice here and there. One bird bath frozen over with skim ice, one not. 46F inside the cold frames at sunrise.

Pop quiz -- when was the last time you saw SCOTTeVEST advertised?
Old 12-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Jinx D'jinn
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Little bits of ice here and there. One bird bath frozen over with skim ice, one not. 46F inside the cold frames at sunrise.

Pop quiz -- when was the last time you saw SCOTTeVEST advertised?
Got one last week, direct mail. I own two of them; full size RFID travel vest and their super light weight version.

I can travel a far piece with free hands with the full size version. The light weight version weighs about six ounces and still has about 18 pockets.

Expensive but I'm sold on them. Look good too.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:35 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I went & crawled back under the covers after my last post; got some more rack time. Sunny outside w/a few clouds at 9A, 45, wind NW 23 G 32 [whot the WW's call 'breezy' ] feels like 36. Think I'll tool/fool/putter around inside for a while and let it warm more before venturing forth to hunt the elusive skeet's; let them stay in their own racks a while longer as it were. They tend to stay coveyed up in their houses until called for anyway.
--

December has arrived! Time for big gifts to all the uncles, the one's w/a dot com rather than a Jr. or Sr. at the end of their names even tho some uncles are senior to others. All require monetary support. Some spend their money more wisely than others. Just whot it is. I'm glad that I can write the check(s) and move on. And I'm glad to be a Texan & a US citizen.. and still here too!

I'm glad I'm glad I'm glad! Time for more holiday wishes and goodwill that should honestly be year round. And I'm glad that our president saw fit to visit our troops where he did over Thanksgiving.

stop.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Every year, the Friday night after thanksgiving, the 4 of us who have been friends for over 50 years get together for a night out in the city. We start out at Petes apartment with some drinks and whatever. Then off to dinner. On the way walking down Amsterdam we saw an old mirror on the curb and took the pic of our reflection. We were a bit toasted by that time. From what I remember dinner was good. Suffered a bit today and got yelled at by my wife for acting like a child. At 61 cant handle it like I used to in my youth. As usual we kind of over did it. Thank goodness for Uber.
Thanks for the explanation of the mirror. From the perspective I thought someone was laying on the ground looking up taking the picture.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:41 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RAINING. Says 54 but, with wind, feels a lot cooler. Staying in. Slept good last night. Just finished a nap [which is unusual for me during the day]. Cough and sniffle. Lots of tissue use. Wifey walks by and asks, "You not going to Church today?" What a qustion to ask. Did she go? NO. She did cook fresh cut bacon from a side [from a butcher shop]. Messy and popping. To my surprise, she had cleaned the range [gas range and you have to remove everything].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx D'jinn View Post
Ya know Mayor, one time, a long time ago, my father discribed how just before his heart attack it felt like a cinder block on his chest as he breathed.

Some decades later I was feeling kind of punky one day and I says to myself "feels like I got a cinder block on my chest when I breathe". Now, I'm the first to admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I got my wife to take me to the ER down the street and the lady at the desk took one look at me and said "so, we're having a heart attack today, sir?" I was, I did, she and others took care of it.

I guess by the time you read this you'll be woke up and okay...so never mind. But even us night shift lurkers care about all of you. You guys are a primary source of dark night amusement.
Sorry you had a heart attack. I've had bypasses [lots of them] but never had a heart problem. Good Lord let the Dr.s find the problems before I did.

Mine usually is the start of pneumonia. Had it quite a few times. Not in the last three years though. Probably will be looking a Dr.'s appointment early tomorrow.

Later today, will go and clean out my office. Mostly pictures on the walls. Tuesday night a little after 7 PM, the magic begins.

When Alabama and Auburn play, I always pull for Auburn. Figure they are the underdogs. My neighbors next door [not Grady] are in mourning. Staunch Alabama fans [front license plate, rear personalized license plate and decals on the windows].

Later.

PS: From our guesser's report, pans and Wayne may have had some Yankee dandruff.

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 12-01-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:45 AM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
House dusted and vacuumed. Including blinds and basement floor. Put up a few more Christmas decorations. Will put up lights around the front door. Sleety rain. Brought in a stack of wood for the fireplace later. Back to work tomorrow. Sucks.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:49 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

Very pretty lady, as in strikingly so, whoever she is.
--

Had to look up the E vest to even know whot it is, but I forget my fone, leaving it on the charger or in a vehicle w/some frequency and don't even know/realize it until later. And I don't carry it on my person at all.

Safari jackets are still in vogue, in some circles. Some still go on them. Some have never been worn in the bush, but they make it to the gun shows, like the military attire worn by wannabe's, making a fashion statement of sorts, I guess.

That E vest looks like it would be handy to have about.

Old 12-01-2019, 11:58 AM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Took a side road coming home from shopping. Helped my BIL push my nephew back onto the road and towards the right direction. Good snow tires are worth it when you get sturdy snow.

The migration south is underway as my part of heaven has a bunch of downstaters self deporting.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
Finally have the entire weekend to ourselves with no appointments anywhere.
Good news!

Quote:
Se7en, 1995.
Just mentioned that movie to YWC yesterday!

Quote:
... and others have poor taste!
I have often said " I have a lot of class.....It's all low, but I have a lot of it!"

R
Old 12-01-2019, 12:03 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post

All fire exits have been cleared, generator has new petrol, and meds, money, and papers ready to sack in an emergency to run away armed while plowing the truck thru the garage door lest the power be out. Always prepared. Good night!
This reminds me of my across-the-street neighbor some years ago, he was late for work one morning, suffering a bad case of the bottle flu, jumped in his truck , put it in reverse and completely took out the garage door. Funny to watch but not so much for him.

Hey, Al, does your garage door opener not have an emergency latch release, maybe a rope with a handle that you can pull and disengage the opener mechanism so you can operate the door manually?
Old 12-01-2019, 12:10 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Flip!

R