Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:19 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

You'll be fine, just sit down and take it easy for a day or two. Don't do like a friend of mine did in college....got his eye worked on, the muffler on his GTO was flopping around, crawled under the car and promptly knocked some dirt into his eye. He squinted really hard and his eye came open. I didn't know it but the fluid can be removed from your eyeball, it will shrivel up like a prune but will refill in a few days and be as good as new. Think about that while you are taking it easy. Do we need to send you a big letter book to read? Perhaps some really big iron sights?
You take care of yourself. You will be good as new soon. 1917
Old 11-27-2019, 01:39 AM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
You'll be fine, just sit down and take it easy for a day or two. Don't do like a friend of mine did in college....got his eye worked on, the muffler on his GTO was flopping around, crawled under the car and promptly knocked some dirt into his eye. He squinted really hard and his eye came open. I didn't know it but the fluid can be removed from your eyeball, it will shrivel up like a prune but will refill in a few days and be as good as new. Think about that while you are taking it easy. Do we need to send you a big letter book to read? Perhaps some really big iron sights?
You take care of yourself. You will be good as new soon. 1917
I can actually see the crosshairs again in my scopes. Not clear yet. They say it could take 2 weeks to a month to be totally as clear as it is going to get. I am more worried about the rainbow halos I see around every light, meaning if this is for good, I can no longer drive at night. I saw it the first time with my desk lamp. I decided to check outside after dark, and the guy across the street, whichwe all do, but the lights on either side of his garage have HUGE rainbow halos around both lights that were brighter than the light bulbs. Each halo was about 14 feet across and 5' wide. I could not see his front door due to the halo covering it, so if this is what I am going to have, my daylight site and indoor site will be great, but I will not be able to drive when it is dark, which agin means nay first shift job in the winter. Where I live, its dark at 7am, and dark at 5pm, so I would have top drive to work and home in the dark, which I am not going to be able to do. I will ask the Dr. tomorrow on my follow up visit, if this is permanent or if it will go away. That was just two 100 watt bulbs. Imagine 10 cars with all those lights coming at me at night...lol. All of those huge rainbow halos.

Good thing is, I will be able to hunt again and shoot again, as long as I do not have to drive at night to get there or into the sun....lol. I hope it will fade away as I am seeing more now than I have in many months. It is still cloudy looking, but that is normal.

I felt nothing or saw nothing in that eye during the surgery. It was a breeze. They said I might have pain later, but nothing, and it is now 1:30am here right now. 16 hours after surgery.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:47 AM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
You'll be fine, just sit down and take it easy for a day or two. Don't do like a friend of mine did in college....got his eye worked on, the muffler on his GTO was flopping around, crawled under the car and promptly knocked some dirt into his eye. He squinted really hard and his eye came open.
Yeah I am not even taking a shower today. I have my check up in the morning and I will put on fresh deodorant and brush my teeth for the guy, but I don't even want a chance of shampoo in my eyes. I need to shave and trim my bead, but that is all going to have to wait another month so one of the tiny hairs do not flip up and get in the incision in my eye.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:39 AM
hispeedlead

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Steve, Good to hear things are looking better and you will get back to shooting soon!! Hopefully those halos go away and things completely clear up. Hang in there, follow the Docs orders and I am sure all will be good. If I get back down that way we will have to get together for a BS session.
Take care, Kurt
Old 11-27-2019, 10:56 AM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Just had my day after check up. My left eye is now 20/20. I asked about the halos and he said my pupils were still dilated and thats what caused the halos. My uncle drove me today, but I could see everything great. I get the other one done on the 9th. The only thing I need glasses for right now is to see this computer, but I was able to reply to a thread or two without them at all. Just too blurry.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:46 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Just had my day after check up. My left eye is now 20/20. I asked about the halos and he said my pupils were still dilated and thats what caused the halos. My uncle drove me today, but I could see everything great. I get the other one done on the 9th. The only thing I need glasses for right now is to see this computer, but I was able to reply to a thread or two without them at all. Just too blurry.
Gizzy:

Kinda like magic dont ya think. I know I was amazed.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:12 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntschool View Post
Gizzy:

Kinda like magic dont ya think. I know I was amazed.
Exactly. No more halos now that me eyes are back to normal, so I will be good to go soon. I can drive again now. Just have to keep up with all the drops.

Oh, no more need for the large text as I can read it all now again. Hard to imagine it being even better once my other eye is done.

They did a great job. I felt NOTHING. I saw NOTHING. I could see out of my right eye, and hear them talking and I could talk if needed. They gave me something they said would give me a 5 minute power nap prior to surgery, and I never remember going to sleep. They started to wheel me back into surgery, and I asked, when am I supposed to go to sleep, and the guy laughed and said I already had been and for me to catch up now. They put me to sleep to inject my eye twice to make it not move, plus install the block to keep my eyelids back. I never knew they did it. I rate this place a A+.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:59 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Great news Gizzy. A special Thanksgiving it is.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:16 PM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Quote:
Exactly. No more halos now that me eyes are back to normal, so I will be good to go soon. I can drive again now. Just have to keep up with all the drops.

Oh, no more need for the large text as I can read it all now again. Hard to imagine it being even better once my other eye is done.

They did a great job. I felt NOTHING. I saw NOTHING. I could see out of my right eye, and hear them talking and I could talk if needed. They gave me something they said would give me a 5 minute power nap prior to surgery, and I never remember going to sleep. They started to wheel me back into surgery, and I asked, when am I supposed to go to sleep, and the guy laughed and said I already had been and for me to catch up now. They put me to sleep to inject my eye twice to make it not move, plus install the block to keep my eyelids back. I never knew they did it. I rate this place a A+.
Now we're talking Steve

Bless you man..And have a Blessed Thanksgiving

pipestone
Old 11-27-2019, 11:00 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hoo-rah!! Its good to hear everything going according to the script Giz.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:27 AM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
OK man, you are on your way. Keep up the drops and enjoy. The second one is even easier.....
Old 11-28-2019, 12:57 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:

Dang!! All that fretting and worrying you did completely wasted.

Glad to hear things are going well for you, keep up the drops, dont miss even one, pretty soon you will be living a real life again.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:33 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Great news Gizzy. A special Thanksgiving it is.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Dean1151

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very happy your doing well and on the recovery road. It just gets better & better. Randy
Old 11-29-2019, 04:37 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
I can almost read this page with my new eye and no glasses, but really blurry, but I know I will need reading glasses, and maybe a no line bifocal. I am fine with glasses. Now, what used to be my good eye, I can barely see any print on here, but it will be done in just 9 more days. I cannot wait to see how well I will see with TWO new eyes. The Dr said I would have to wait at least 6 weeks after my last operation before I go to get glasses. One of these eye drops I have to take for a full 5 weeks after the day of the operation.