Help Gizzy - Page 11 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 11-26-2019, 07:19 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

Join Date: 
Feb 2005
Location: 
Indian Springs, AL
Posts: 
8,726
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
You'll be fine, just sit down and take it easy for a day or two. Don't do like a friend of mine did in college....got his eye worked on, the muffler on his GTO was flopping around, crawled under the car and promptly knocked some dirt into his eye. He squinted really hard and his eye came open. I didn't know it but the fluid can be removed from your eyeball, it will shrivel up like a prune but will refill in a few days and be as good as new. Think about that while you are taking it easy. Do we need to send you a big letter book to read? Perhaps some really big iron sights?
You take care of yourself. You will be good as new soon. 1917
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:39 AM
Gizzy's Avatar
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
18,116
TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
You'll be fine, just sit down and take it easy for a day or two. Don't do like a friend of mine did in college....got his eye worked on, the muffler on his GTO was flopping around, crawled under the car and promptly knocked some dirt into his eye. He squinted really hard and his eye came open. I didn't know it but the fluid can be removed from your eyeball, it will shrivel up like a prune but will refill in a few days and be as good as new. Think about that while you are taking it easy. Do we need to send you a big letter book to read? Perhaps some really big iron sights?
You take care of yourself. You will be good as new soon. 1917
I can actually see the crosshairs again in my scopes. Not clear yet. They say it could take 2 weeks to a month to be totally as clear as it is going to get. I am more worried about the rainbow halos I see around every light, meaning if this is for good, I can no longer drive at night. I saw it the first time with my desk lamp. I decided to check outside after dark, and the guy across the street, whichwe all do, but the lights on either side of his garage have HUGE rainbow halos around both lights that were brighter than the light bulbs. Each halo was about 14 feet across and 5' wide. I could not see his front door due to the halo covering it, so if this is what I am going to have, my daylight site and indoor site will be great, but I will not be able to drive when it is dark, which agin means nay first shift job in the winter. Where I live, its dark at 7am, and dark at 5pm, so I would have top drive to work and home in the dark, which I am not going to be able to do. I will ask the Dr. tomorrow on my follow up visit, if this is permanent or if it will go away. That was just two 100 watt bulbs. Imagine 10 cars with all those lights coming at me at night...lol. All of those huge rainbow halos.

Good thing is, I will be able to hunt again and shoot again, as long as I do not have to drive at night to get there or into the sun....lol. I hope it will fade away as I am seeing more now than I have in many months. It is still cloudy looking, but that is normal.

I felt nothing or saw nothing in that eye during the surgery. It was a breeze. They said I might have pain later, but nothing, and it is now 1:30am here right now. 16 hours after surgery.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:47 AM
Gizzy's Avatar
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
18,116
TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
You'll be fine, just sit down and take it easy for a day or two. Don't do like a friend of mine did in college....got his eye worked on, the muffler on his GTO was flopping around, crawled under the car and promptly knocked some dirt into his eye. He squinted really hard and his eye came open.
Yeah I am not even taking a shower today. I have my check up in the morning and I will put on fresh deodorant and brush my teeth for the guy, but I don't even want a chance of shampoo in my eyes. I need to shave and trim my bead, but that is all going to have to wait another month so one of the tiny hairs do not flip up and get in the incision in my eye.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 11-27-2019, 08:39 AM
hispeedlead's Avatar
hispeedlead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2011
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
201
TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Steve, Good to hear things are looking better and you will get back to shooting soon!! Hopefully those halos go away and things completely clear up. Hang in there, follow the Docs orders and I am sure all will be good. If I get back down that way we will have to get together for a BS session.
Take care, Kurt
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 11-27-2019, 10:56 AM
Gizzy's Avatar
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
18,116
TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Just had my day after check up. My left eye is now 20/20. I asked about the halos and he said my pupils were still dilated and thats what caused the halos. My uncle drove me today, but I could see everything great. I get the other one done on the 9th. The only thing I need glasses for right now is to see this computer, but I was able to reply to a thread or two without them at all. Just too blurry.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 11-27-2019, 12:46 PM
huntschool's Avatar
huntschool

Join Date: 
Jan 2004
Location: 
Southern-most Illinois
Posts: 
635
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Just had my day after check up. My left eye is now 20/20. I asked about the halos and he said my pupils were still dilated and thats what caused the halos. My uncle drove me today, but I could see everything great. I get the other one done on the 9th. The only thing I need glasses for right now is to see this computer, but I was able to reply to a thread or two without them at all. Just too blurry.
Gizzy:

Kinda like magic dont ya think. I know I was amazed.
__________________
Bruce A. Hering
Southeastern Illinois College (retired)
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:12 PM
Gizzy's Avatar
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
18,116
TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntschool View Post
Gizzy:

Kinda like magic dont ya think. I know I was amazed.
Exactly. No more halos now that me eyes are back to normal, so I will be good to go soon. I can drive again now. Just have to keep up with all the drops.

Oh, no more need for the large text as I can read it all now again. Hard to imagine it being even better once my other eye is done.

They did a great job. I felt NOTHING. I saw NOTHING. I could see out of my right eye, and hear them talking and I could talk if needed. They gave me something they said would give me a 5 minute power nap prior to surgery, and I never remember going to sleep. They started to wheel me back into surgery, and I asked, when am I supposed to go to sleep, and the guy laughed and said I already had been and for me to catch up now. They put me to sleep to inject my eye twice to make it not move, plus install the block to keep my eyelids back. I never knew they did it. I rate this place a A+.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:59 PM
Blackwolfe's Avatar
Blackwolfe is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

Join Date: 
Oct 2008
Location: 
Sunset Coast MI
Posts: 
695
TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Great news Gizzy. A special Thanksgiving it is.
__________________
The road of life is littered with dead squirrels that couldn't make a decision.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 11-27-2019, 10:16 PM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

Join Date: 
Jan 2008
Location: 
Montana
Posts: 
1,438
TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Exactly. No more halos now that me eyes are back to normal, so I will be good to go soon. I can drive again now. Just have to keep up with all the drops.

Oh, no more need for the large text as I can read it all now again. Hard to imagine it being even better once my other eye is done.

They did a great job. I felt NOTHING. I saw NOTHING. I could see out of my right eye, and hear them talking and I could talk if needed. They gave me something they said would give me a 5 minute power nap prior to surgery, and I never remember going to sleep. They started to wheel me back into surgery, and I asked, when am I supposed to go to sleep, and the guy laughed and said I already had been and for me to catch up now. They put me to sleep to inject my eye twice to make it not move, plus install the block to keep my eyelids back. I never knew they did it. I rate this place a A+.
Now we're talking Steve


Bless you man..And have a Blessed Thanksgiving


pipestone
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 11-27-2019, 11:00 PM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,013,279
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hoo-rah!! Its good to hear everything going according to the script Giz.
__________________
___________________________
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 11-28-2019, 12:27 AM
huntschool's Avatar
huntschool

Join Date: 
Jan 2004
Location: 
Southern-most Illinois
Posts: 
635
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
OK man, you are on your way. Keep up the drops and enjoy. The second one is even easier.....
__________________
Bruce A. Hering
Southeastern Illinois College (retired)
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 11-28-2019, 12:57 PM
jnyork's Avatar
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2004
Location: 
Wyoming and Arizona
Posts: 
7,677
TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Exactly. No more halos now that me eyes are back to normal, so I will be good to go soon. I can drive again now. Just have to keep up with all the drops.

Oh, no more need for the large text as I can read it all now again. Hard to imagine it being even better once my other eye is done.

They did a great job. I felt NOTHING. I saw NOTHING. I could see out of my right eye, and hear them talking and I could talk if needed. They gave me something they said would give me a 5 minute power nap prior to surgery, and I never remember going to sleep. They started to wheel me back into surgery, and I asked, when am I supposed to go to sleep, and the guy laughed and said I already had been and for me to catch up now. They put me to sleep to inject my eye twice to make it not move, plus install the block to keep my eyelids back. I never knew they did it. I rate this place a A+.

Dang!! All that fretting and worrying you did completely wasted.

Glad to hear things are going well for you, keep up the drops, dont miss even one, pretty soon you will be living a real life again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 11-28-2019, 01:33 PM
Szumi's Avatar
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2011
Location: 
Between Hell and Paradise
Posts: 
1,340
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Great news Gizzy. A special Thanksgiving it is.
__________________

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 11-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Dean1151
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2016
Location: 
Clearwater Country Idaho
Posts: 
94
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very happy your doing well and on the recovery road. It just gets better & better. Randy
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 11-29-2019, 04:37 PM
Gizzy's Avatar
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
18,116
TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
I can almost read this page with my new eye and no glasses, but really blurry, but I know I will need reading glasses, and maybe a no line bifocal. I am fine with glasses. Now, what used to be my good eye, I can barely see any print on here, but it will be done in just 9 more days. I cannot wait to see how well I will see with TWO new eyes. The Dr said I would have to wait at least 6 weeks after my last operation before I go to get glasses. One of these eye drops I have to take for a full 5 weeks after the day of the operation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Birthday Gizzy Al the Infidel RFC Community Forum 9 05-05-2018 01:27 AM
Gizzy bbush Marlin Lever Actions 4 04-10-2018 04:37 PM
Lil gizzy flat nose hollow point tool? jshperdue .22 Ammunition (S-L-LR) 68 02-22-2018 07:16 PM
It works! Thanks Gizzy zrxoa23 Marlin Lever Actions 5 05-03-2017 02:42 AM
Gizzy D-Lux nodak .22 Ammunition (S-L-LR) 3 02-19-2017 09:55 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x