Help Gizzy - Page 10 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:36 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

DO you have anyone, even a neighbor, that could help drop the drops in your eyes?
Old 11-23-2019, 12:06 AM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Those drops... I am still not sure. I have yet to pop the left lens out of my glasses to see if I can see my left eye to get the drops in. I cannot see it if I take my glasses off. That is how bad my good eye is. I have today and tomorrow to practice. Then Sunday the real drops have to go in. I even called the Technicians and asked one of them if there was a trick to getting them in when I cannot see my eye with my glasses off. They had no clue but the drops MUST GO IN. I guess my eyes are pretty bad if they have never had this question asked before.
Gizzy:

You dont really need to see your eye to do it. You dont need to look at your ey like looking in a mirror. That will not work Just as a try, take your glasses off and put your head back like you are looking at the ceiling.... close the right eye, hold your eye open with first and second fingers of your left hand and put your right index finger on the bridge of your nose and if you can even just make it out you should be able to "see" the eye drop bottles by doing the same thing. Then just squeeze slightly. Its really not that hard....

Last edited by huntschool; 11-23-2019 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:50 AM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
DO you have anyone, even a neighbor, that could help drop the drops in your eyes?
MY daughter was going to come up to help, but they have vehicle problems right now, and I do not want her trying to drive 2 1/2 hours until they get it fixed. I think I will be OK. I keep going and looking in the bathroom mirror with my glasses off, and pull that eyelid down, and the more I practice, the easier I can see it.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:54 AM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntschool View Post
Gizzy:

You dont really need to see your eye to do it. You dont need to look at your ey like looking in a mirror. That will not work Just as a try, take your glasses off and put your head back like you are looking at the ceiling.... close the right eye, hold your eye open with first and second fingers of your left hand and put your right index finger on the bridge of your nose and if you can even just make it out you should be able to "see" the eye drop bottles by doing the same thing. Then just squeeze slightly. Its really not that hard....
I have watched all the videos and the techs where my surgery will be all say not to drop it right on the eye, but to make a pocket of the lower lid and drop it in there. I can see one more problem coming with the second one is done, and thats the fact that I will not be able to see my PC monitor until a day or two after my second eye is done. It will take a day or two before I will be able to know which reading glasses to buy just so I can see my monitor. Wished I knew ahead of time, but I will have to wait and SEE.... Pun Intended.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:09 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I have watched all the videos and the techs where my surgery will be all say not to drop it right on the eye, but to make a pocket of the lower lid and drop it in there. I can see one more problem coming with the second one is done, and thats the fact that I will not be able to see my PC monitor until a day or two after my second eye is done. It will take a day or two before I will be able to know which reading glasses to buy just so I can see my monitor. Wished I knew ahead of time, but I will have to wait and SEE.... Pun Intended.
Gizzy:

I was not told to do anything like making a pocket out of my lower lid. Give my suggestion a try. It will likely be much easier then trying to hit that pocket. Even if ya miss by a bit staying close to the inner edge of your eye lids (close to your nose) it will flow into your eye by blinking a few times.

If your folks do it like mine, you will need to see your eye Dr. the day after the implant. By that time I was seeing very clearly and my first eye was reading 20/20. I was able to see my screen, which without glasses was a complete blur, quite well. My response to the implant might be different but really good vision was restored quickly.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:53 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
I am up all night and sleep during the day, so I just got my first drops in almost an hour ago. I tried all suggestions., The inside corner of the eye, I hit the bridge of my nose and totally miss. I tried again, ran down the side of my nose. Since this eye is totally blocked i tried going straight in, and hit my upper lid. Finally made the pocket from my lower lid and got it in there.

My eyes are so bad that my depth of field is way off. I think my hand is someplece, but its not. When I type on here. it takes me forever because i cannot see where i am. I hit the wrong keys all the time. Lst week I was putting tooth paste on my brush, or trying to, an I completely missed my tooth brush. I reach for the handle of the fridge and miss it half the time. I have almost knocked over a cup of water many times, but have not yet. So these drops were a challenge the first time, but I am sure I will get used to it as often as they have to go in. I will be a pro by the time I am done with them in late December or early Jan.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:03 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I am up all night and sleep during the day, so I just got my first drops in almost an hour ago. I tried all suggestions., The inside corner of the eye, I hit the bridge of my nose and totally miss. I tried again, ran down the side of my nose. Since this eye is totally blocked i tried going straight in, and hit my upper lid. Finally made the pocket from my lower lid and got it in there.

My eyes are so bad that my depth of field is way off. I think my hand is someplece, but its not. When I type on here. it takes me forever because i cannot see where i am. I hit the wrong keys all the time. Lst week I was putting tooth paste on my brush, or trying to, an I completely missed my tooth brush. I reach for the handle of the fridge and miss it half the time. I have almost knocked over a cup of water many times, but have not yet. So these drops were a challenge the first time, but I am sure I will get used to it as often as they have to go in. I will be a pro by the time I am done with them in late December or early Jan.
Gizzy:

OK, at least one method worked. I am glad to hear that. Now, good luck with the procedure.....
Old 11-26-2019, 11:07 AM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
One down, and one to go. Only been home about an hour and still have the patch on, so have not been able to see how well I see yet, but I worried over nothing. The left side of my head is numb from my upper lip up on top of my head. Showed up at 7:20am and was on my way home by 9:30am. Just letting everyone know that progress has been made.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:18 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:38 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Progress! Good to hear! Fingers crossed for success.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:56 AM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
One down, and one to go. Only been home about an hour and still have the patch on, so have not been able to see how well I see yet, but I worried over nothing. The left side of my head is numb from my upper lip up on top of my head. Showed up at 7:20am and was on my way home by 9:30am. Just letting everyone know that progress has been made.
Gizzy:

You are well on your way. Make sure to do the drops and by tonight you should be able to see clearly out of that eye. I assume the Dr's want you to sleep with the shield on for five days or so. Do it. Its just a precaution to keep from rubbing or pressuring the eye.

Let us know tomorrow how things look..... Pun intended.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:38 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntschool View Post
Gizzy:

You are well on your way. Make sure to do the drops and by tonight you should be able to see clearly out of that eye. I assume the Dr's want you to sleep with the shield on for five days or so. Do it. Its just a precaution to keep from rubbing or pressuring the eye.

Let us know tomorrow how things look..... Pun intended.
When you mentioned shield this popped into my head.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:57 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post

I still believe I could reach around that and rub my eye...lol. Just took the patch off. Its blurry, really blurry, but it gets better. Still really blurry, but this morning I could not even see out of this eye. Now the drops are going in without a miss yet.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:10 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Great news.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:22 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post

I have a picture of a dog wearing one of those asking another dog for a huge favor.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 11-26-2019 at 05:25 PM.