So How many great friends do you have here? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:06 PM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
So How many great friends do you have here?

Well guys I was just on the phone with some great friends of mine that I met here on RFC...and I was wondering how many of you have personal calls with friends here?

I am lucky that I know and have met with a few of the members here Like Jeff Miller, FlysAlot and GRG...there are others like Bandit1250 that we talk a lot and never met. The are others too like Jetboat98, Wonderdog1 and others...I have talked with so many people that RFC is home for me.

I am going through a rough time right now and it good to reach out to others here.

I am sorry JEE sir if this is the wrong place but I wanted to thank everybody for making RFC the place it is.

Signalman
Old 10-05-2019, 08:18 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
Well guys I was just on the phone with some great friends of mine that I met here on RFC...and I was wondering how many of you have personal calls with friends here?

I am lucky that I know and have met with a few of the members here Like Jeff Miller, FlysAlot and GRG...there are others like Bandit1250 that we talk a lot and never met. The are others too like Jetboat98, Wonderdog1 and others...I have talked with so many people that RFC is home for me.

I am going through a rough time right now and it good to reach out to others here.

I am sorry JEE sir if this is the wrong place but I wanted to thank everybody for making RFC the place it is.

Signalman
I have a few on here I talk to on the phone. But at my age they are like grampas I never had growing up.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:30 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Have some great friends here. Met a couple in person, and talked to a couple. Most contact has been through PM or email. There are some great people at RFC. I know there are some that if I needed something would step up.

Signalman, sorry to here you're going through a rough time. Hope things get better for you. By the way, I probably didn't post about it when it happened, but you're responsible for more than a few of my scope acquisitions.
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2019, 08:49 PM
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
I made a friend here 3 years ago.Since then we have talked 4 to 5 times a week since then.Heck it was twice today.
Then of course there is the occasional pm from you.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:17 PM
FlysAlot

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Beyond lucky to have met many RFC friends.

Pro Patria

Cives Arma Ferant

Cuiusque Devotio est Vis Regimenti
Old 10-05-2019, 09:44 PM
tomon
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Thumbs up These are just good people here!

I was introduced to Gun Forums whilst traveling for work by the Auction Arms Forums. I was taught through both generosity and tough love on how to "behave" out in the ether! When Manny started doing unethical stuff on his site, and he got sick of being called out by the regulars, he just up and shut down the forums. I went over to the Cast Bullet Forums and met some more great people. When our Club's Cast Bullet shooters dwindled they started shooting Rimfires instead. Someone mentioned this forum, and now you are stuck with me! Great advice, deals, referrals, and gifts given freely by good hearted men and women here! I am humbled by the crew here. Thank you!
Old 10-05-2019, 10:01 PM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Todd, there are a number of people I have met on here that have become good friends. Sometimes through calls, sometimes email and text but you just build a good relationship with them. I hope everything works out. Can't wait to see you and your wonderful wife again.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Iím pretty new to RFC with under 200 or so posts but Iíve enjoyed my short time here and feel like Iíve got some buddyís here, you included. Jetboat and Colt, jim in Mo. Iíve bought some CZs from all of them.

Let us know what we can do to help! Youíve got my number. Call anytime.

It never ceases to amaze me how nice and friendly people are that share the same interests. Iíve experienced this in gun forums, camera forms, and flying forums.

All the best!

Patrick
Old 10-05-2019, 10:39 PM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Signalman
I have had personal calls with two RFC member and several PM's with them and others here at RFC. I truly feel like I have made friendships here. The level of trust and respect is amazing.

I am sorry that you are going through a rough time. I am praying for you.

And as previously mentioned, I am another one that you have helped to make solid scope selections. You took the time to answer all of my questions through PM's. I appreciate you, Todd! Whenever I think of the key members here, your name is consistantly in the top of the heap.

All the best to you, my friend.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:12 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
I know you've had a lot on your plate Signalman, prayers things will get better, over the years I've been privileged to talk with a number of folks here, meet a few, it's a good group.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:51 AM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlysAlot View Post
Beyond lucky to have met many RFC friends.

I feel very fortunate to have met great people like ^^^ Flysalot & several others.

I count myself very fortunate in the friendships Iíve made in my time here, some are certain to be lifelong bonds that exist outside the sphere of this forum

DrGunner
Old 10-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Signalman
Here's hoping your situation improves Todd.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:30 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (60)
Mutwagon where are you?

Speaking of friends, when I first joined RFC many moons and years ago, I immediately made friends with a very nice guy from either West Virginia or Virginia.

He had the same name as a friend of mine from high school, Andy West who's handle was either Mutwagon or Muttwagon

Haven't talked to Andy for quite a while.
His handle does not come up upon a search here amongst our members

So Andy, if you are out there, give me a holler

If anyone knows the whereabouts of Andy, please let me know
Old 10-07-2019, 07:01 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I donít know that I have any ďgreatĒ friends on here, and have never met any of you in person. But, I have gotten many great ideas and pmís when I had questions or needed help. You have also been great enablers! Maybe Iíll get a chance to meet some guys in North Dakota when I move there in a month.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:12 PM
Gillis2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
As you can guess from my Avatar, I am in Canada so I never met in person any of you. Though, I have been on RFC for a few years now, on different sub forums and I greatly appreciate the fraternity. Getting advises from fellow shooters etc. Over the years, I have sent pm's to lots of you asking for advises and have always been treated like a brother. Heartwarming, especially that I am from the French speaking part of Canada and my English is sometimes lacking.
Signalman, my thoughts and prayers go to you in this rougher period of your life.

Gilbert