Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

" Trigger pin removal "

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  DrMark 
#1 ·
hi, all,

will be doing a D&T on the trigger tomorrow, got a 8x36 set screw cuz my
tap is the same size and have a #29 drill bit. okay, got the parts,

but, looking at the wrap around URX grip assy, looks like the full grip has to be
removed, slid off from the rear.

anything i should be aware of when removing the grip such as springs
going boing, or parts falling out? never took it apart, and dont wanna
have to be ordering parts that i dont know the names of, lol,

thanks, all,

rico....

#2 ·
Remove the right side first, and install it last. This makes it easier because the safety and slide release hang over the grip on the left side. The grip needs to move down on the left side for removal, and up for reinstallation. That's difficult when the right side of the grip is fastened. The URX grips kinda have a mind of their own. The front tips have a habit of wanting to get tied up in the trigger guard when you're not looking.

Keep the pistol flat with the right side up. Remove the right grip screw. Pry the right grip up, and note the locations of the disconnector and its spring, the arched T-shaped mag button spring and the mag safety wire. The right grip keeps these things in place. When you turn the pistol, the mag button and T-shaped spring will fall out - no biggie. The rest of the parts may stay in place or may not, depending upon how rough you need to get with the pistol.

Now lay the gun flat with the left side up. Remove the grip screw and pry the grip away at the bottom. With the grip loose on the right side, you will be able to work the grip down and away from the slide release lever. Lift the slide release lever from the pistol. Note how the small leg of the spring goes through the hole in the slide release lever.

To remove the trigger, two pins need to come out. First tap out the pin that engages with the disconnector. It only goes through the right half of the frame and the trigger. There's a hole in the left side of the frame to allow you to use a small punch to tap the pin out. Next tap out the trigger pivot pin.

When you reinstall the trigger pins, start with the pivot pin. Then tap the disconnector pin back in. Care should be taken with this pin to get it set to the right height. If you tap it in too far, the pin will tie the trigger up because it will either bind against the frame or enter the pin's access hole on the left side. It needs to be set deeply enough so it doesn't rub the inside of the right grip.

Hope this helps, and sorry if some of this is a repeat of info you already have................chim

#4 ·
yea, chim,

ditto on that. printed your advice and will read it about 10 x's before i
start. and no. this is not a repeat of info. wow, all that just to remove the
trigger. well hope it is worth it.

a couple more breakdowns and will be taking this pistol apart like i've done
it a few times, lol,

thanks again for the response. tomorrow is DIY day, or i'll send you a small
box of parts, haha,

rico....

#9 ·
thanks again, chim,

now i need to remove everything and "bend" it back to how it is 'sposed
to be. but need to fix the slide lock anyway, soooooo,

am getting good at straightening out the recoil rod, and havent lost the
lil "c" clip yet, lol,

rico....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.