Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Noknot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What Ammo to stay away from

Whats the cheapest ammo that should go through an Anschutz? Mid-grade, like SK Pistol Match or only high end like Center X, at least Center X is high end for me? Or does imatter?
Old 12-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
I have just ordered a few bricks of GECO Rifle. I always got something around an inch at 100 meters with it from my 54 sporters from a simple sandbag rest.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rimfi...of-500-rounds/
Old 12-04-2019, 05:07 PM
R4B1DM4U53
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
There are no "rules" for what ammo is "acceptable" to use in any brand of rifle. The only exception is CCI Stingers, because Anschütz cuts tight, "match" chambers, and the longer case of the stinger can jam into the rifling with this style of chamber. That said, one usually cannot expect a turbocharged engine to run it's best on 87 octane fuel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
It doesn't matter at all.Buy whatever meets your accuracy expectations. Casual target shooting or plinking doesn't require high end stuff.Sometimes the only dif between pricey and not so pricey, is the extra sorting step that the manufacturer used for the same stuff.
(I didn't care for CCI standard,as it required extra effort to close the bolt)
Old 12-04-2019, 07:30 PM
STRUGL4X'SC

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I will agree with the previous posts, but I have always stuck with standard velocity, and plain lead bullets, those copper washed ones are said to be not a good idea in a fine rimfire barrel.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2019, 08:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like CCI Std Vel as a baseline, affordable round. At some point you (I) need to get off the bench and unfortunately for some of us, the ammo is no longer the limiting factor.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Noknot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
I like CCI Std Vel as a baseline, affordable round. At some point you (I) need to get off the bench and unfortunately for some of us, the ammo is no longer the limiting factor.
I barely can keep the gun steady on the bench, if I get off of it Ill need a shotgun not a rifle. Wish I would have gotten it when I was a little more steady.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:28 PM
sep
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noknot View Post
I barely can keep the gun steady on the bench, if I get off of it Ill need a shotgun not a rifle. Wish I would have gotten it when I was a little more steady.
Some enjoyment with a rifle is better than no enjoyment with a rifle. Enjoy your time whether off the bench or from a field position.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:43 AM
DaveInDenver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
I have just ordered a few bricks of GECO Rifle. I always got something around an inch at 100 meters with it from my 54 sporters from a simple sandbag rest.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rimfi...of-500-rounds/
Ditto fourbore's CCi/SV for a base ammo. Then sample and see what your wallet and gun like.. they both have to be happy.

Ditto Andyd's ammo selection on GECO Rifle ammo for an upgrade in quality that is about the same price as CCI/SV. NOTICEABLE improvement. (My guns and wallet like it and until I can shoot better or upgrade guns ($$$) that's where I am staying for now.)

Try everything on the buffet table if you want or always pick the one thing you found and like and stay with it until your taste buds change.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:28 AM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (238)
Just one word: Stingers!

Doug
Old 12-05-2019, 10:28 AM
MKnarr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Old 12-11-2019, 07:55 PM
jps2486

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Any hollow points, high velocity, copper plated bullets, CCI Stingers, and go from there.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:23 AM
Samuel_Hoggson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Paper punching - CCI-SV is the floor for my stuff. The GECO bolt I purchased is just not as good. Better than Blazer but..... ES is likely culprit - can see over 100 fps variation over just 10 rounds.

For killing stuff used all sorts of non-hyper HS stuff. Now convinced CCI or Eley Sub-HPs are every bit as effective. Arguably, it's because they're more accurate. Whatever. From red squirrels to porkies, rabid skunks, and nuisance beaver. And if a fox or coyote gets close enough to the chickens will see if subsonic works on them, too. Had a chance last summer, but I was too slow.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:52 PM
NIB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You may want to stay away from some ammo that makes chambering a round difficult and removing an unfired round difficult.

This happens because of the smaller Anschutz chamber dimensions and "some" 22 ammo"s longer driving belt deeply engraving the throat of the Anschutz chamber.

Most all European ammo shouldn't be an issue but some American ammo can be tight as many are manufactured for the large quantity of guns sold in this country which come with the larger dimension "Sporting Chamber".
Old 12-13-2019, 08:58 PM
Ricekila
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Winchester White Box - 555 count = factory floor sweepings

Pure crap --