Cz 457 factory hit pattern chart - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-08-2019, 10:23 AM
JimmyG

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Your rifle was clamped in a vise and three shots racked off as quickly as possible - next please. No sighting between shots (many CZ rifles don't come with sights). It's a function test only.
It's your job to extract the accuracy.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:25 PM
PABear
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
R4B1, what turner are you using?
Old 12-08-2019, 12:46 PM
cyclone336

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
I have noticed that for me, precision it's the only aspect of a rifle that is a deciding factor on who gets to go play. Some Savages I own do better groupwise than my 527s but guess who gets the most use?
Was it supposed to say that "precision is not the only aspect" of deciding which one you shoot? If so, I agree.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Highmiles
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When I worked in a gun store, I sold dozens of CZs. We learned to pretty much ignore the test targets. Some of the very best groups came out of rifles with the most awful test targets.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:38 PM
R4B1DM4U53
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABear View Post
R4B1, what turner are you using?
It's a Harrels

Old 12-08-2019, 05:54 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
Your rifle was clamped in a vise and three shots racked off as quickly as possible - next please. No sighting between shots (many CZ rifles don't come with sights). It's a function test only.
It's your job to extract the accuracy.
For function, there is no reason to print out a paper with measured groups.

Talk is easy, what are your sources? It is 5 shots not 3. There is no reason to sight in to shoot 5 shots. How fast? Really! What is that about? I have seen many cases where shooting problems discussed on RFC correlated very well to the test targets. Specifically, these targets were posted for 457 rifles with vertical stringing.

Obviously, I mean, mega obvious, an experienced rim fire shooter should be able to better a test target. Unless it was a total fluke. Now, one group of 5 is no way a through test of any firearm. I grant that. But; they are far far more than functional only test. It is a classy extra step that few manufacturers will take. I would not dismiss this. It is IMHO a good thing.

I am also going to guess, because I dont post more than I know, that if the test group was bad enough, the gun would not get boxed up and shipped out. That for a gun that functioned 100% and did not shoot for beans.

Last edited by fourbore; 12-08-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Highmiles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
For function, there is no reason to print out a paper with measured groups.

Talk is easy, what are your sources? It is 5 shots not 3. There is no reason to sight in to shoot 5 shots. How fast? Really! What is that about? I have seen many cases where shooting problems discussed on RFC correlated very well to the test targets. Specifically, these targets were posted for 457 rifles with vertical stringing.

Obviously, I mean, mega obvious, an experienced rim fire shooter should be able to better a test target. Unless it was a total fluke. Now, one group of 5 is no way a through test of any firearm. I grant that. But; they are far far more than functional only test. It is a classy extra step that few manufacturers will take. I would not dismiss this. It is IMHO a good thing.

I am also going to guess, because I dont post more than I know, that if the test group was bad enough, the gun would not get boxed up and shipped out. That for a gun that functioned 100% and did not shoot for beans.
At one time they fired 5 shots, but now it is only 3. Since no sights have been ever put on the gun in the box I am looking at, I would have to suspect it was clamped in a vise and fired. It seems to have worked pretty well.

“Ammunition mgf: 22LR, RWS, 40 grs
Range of fire: 50 m
Number of impact: 3
Dispersion area: 2mm
Coord’s of mean point: -5mm;1mm“

Looking at the test target, there are 2 shots in one hole and one shot overlapping and 2 mm (.07) higher directly vertical. The shots are 5mm to left of center, and 1 mm high.
Good gun to buy?
CZ 457 American.

Last edited by Highmiles; 12-08-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Highmiles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I guess there is no rhyme or reason to the number of shots fired. I know it used to be 5, and was 5 on October 11, 2019, when the OPís was fired.
The rifle I am looking at was fired in August, 2019, and they only fired 3.
Very unusual?
Old 12-09-2019, 06:43 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone336 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
I have noticed that for me, precision it's the only aspect of a rifle that is a deciding factor on who gets to go play. Some Savages I own do better groupwise than my 527s but guess who gets the most use?
Was it supposed to say that "precision is not the only aspect" of deciding which one you shoot? If so, I agree.
Yes, that was the intention. My original post has been edited to include "not". Thanks for spotting my omission.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:56 AM
cyclone336

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
Well, I guess there is no rhyme or reason to the number of shots fired. I know it used to be 5, and was 5 on October 11, 2019, when the OP’s was fired.
The rifle I am looking at was fired in August, 2019, and they only fired 3.
Very unusual?
For another data point, my At-One was tested on August 2, 2019, and five shots were fired.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:32 AM
Bigbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chif View Post
Hi all, took delivery of a new cz457 mtr and the rifle looks great!
Then I looked at the enclosed hit pattern chart and it does not look all that great.
It’s shot at 50 meters using x act and it is 14mm spread. Would this be an indication of how the rifle will behave? Assuming if it’s shot is a factory ideal condition using top grade ammo and it resulted in greater than moa pattern ... and this is an mtr, should it even have been shipped out for sale?
Any comments / advice appreciated.

Best,
Chif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a perfect example of unrealistic forum expectations meeting reality. I've tried to shoot once a month for the last forty years at a very busy range. .0325 groups @ 50 yards represent about 1% of what I've seen from hundreds of rimfires over the years. Hang out at BR matches where everybody has $3K bench whales and YMMV. MHO

MOA is a fine factory rifle at CZ prices.

Last edited by Bigbore; 12-09-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:31 AM
Highmiles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbore View Post
This is a perfect example of unrealistic forum expectations meeting reality. I've tried to shoot once a month for the last forty years at a very busy range. .0325 groups @ 50 yards represent about 1% of what I've seen from hundreds of rimfires over the years. Hang out at BR matches where everybody has $3K bench whales and YMMV. MHO

MOA is a fine factory rifle at CZ prices.
Good observation. I know my expectations are unrealistic. My problem arises from the fact that my first 22 was pre letter Winchester 52 given to me by my Grandfather. My second 22 was a Marlin 39a, and my third was a CZ 452 that just happened to shoot 3/8 to 1/2Ē groups at 50 yards. My last 22 was a cooper 57M that shoots like the Winchester 52.
I will be getting a CZ 457 for Christmas. It will have to meet high expectations. I have steeled my self all ready as to what to expect. As a result, I all ready know I will do a trigger job. I all ready know it will have great ammo and a great scope to give it a chance. But in reality, it might end up a ďproject gunĒ and if that fails it will move on. Yes, I have (possibly) unfair expectations.
To get somewhat back on topic, even though I donít give much credence to the test targets, this one is impressive with a 2mm spread, and 2 in the same hole.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:19 PM
chif

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok guys. You are right. The mtr has proven that my concerns with the hit pattern chart were misplaced.

I took it to the range today and fed it an assortment of sk ammo and aguila rifle match and it seemed to do fine with everything. But in particular it worked well with Sk standard plus and biathlon.

Not much wind but frozen fingers don’t help.
On sand bags and a block. The following pictures are some Sk standard plus and biathlon.
all are 5 shot groups.

Thanks all for comments and helping me to cool it before you shoot it!

Last edited by chif; 12-14-2019 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:30 PM
Highmiles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice groups. I hoped it would work out, and I canít say Iím surprised.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:24 PM
jerryg22
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
96% (40)
457 groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by chif View Post
Ok guys. You are right. The mtr has proven that my concerns with the hit pattern chart were misplaced.

I took it to the range today and fed it an assortment of sk ammo and aguila rifle match and it seemed to do fine with everything. But in particular it worked well with Sk standard plus and biathlon.

Not much wind but frozen fingers donít help.
On sand bags and a block. The following pictures are some Sk standard plus and biathlon.

Thanks all for comments and helping me to cool it before you shoot it!

What distance? 24 or 50 yds?