Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Book opinions?

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Sure_Shot 
#1 ·
Good morning,
I’m looking for opinions on the book “ The Art of Rimfire Accuracy “ by Bill Calfee.
Many on here are probably familiar with it. Is it worth a read? It’s hard to tell what to read, with so many books out there, all saying that they’re the best.
While I’m asking, what other books on accuracy ( both Rimfire and Centerfire )
would you suggest. The long cold winter is just beginning up here.
Thanks,
Ken

#2 · (Edited)
I would recommend it, but be prepared to wade through the meandering and odd, folksy writing style while discovering all the gems of wisdom and observation contained therein. To me, it's more like a verbatim transcript of a verbal narrative. Well worth the read, and it has its own style, but it does not flow like a polished, well-edited book.

In contrast, I have found any book or article by John Barsness to be a joy to read. I will always read John's work, even his writing on subject matter for which I have no interest.

TBR

#12 ·
I highly recommend it. Keep in mind some of his theories are incorrect. It's mostly great though. I'm not beating a dead horse as to what I and many others know to be incorrect. Rimfire accuracy forum has lots of discussion on those topics from what I hear. Lots of drama also. Lol Bill is one of the most talented RF smiths to date. Some say the best.

Sure Shot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.