Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Marlin Picture Thread

282K views 679 replies 378 participants last post by  scout22 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and didn't notice a picture thread in the Marlin area. I thought maybe we could start one if you guys have any pics.

#2 ·
Good idea...let's see some Marlin's.

Here's a early Model 99C with a Marlin Microview 4X scope.

And a few more HERE.

I have a few other Marlin rimfires to post later.

#4 ·

very old 81 dl with a peep site.

old marlin 75c, cut , chopped, painted black.

a very special marlin mod 60, with a nice piece of birchwood, and a fully
adjustable rear site. Regrettably, I am selling it.

Ive actually got some others, in 17hmr, and mach2, but don't really have good pics of those.

#5 ·

I'm in the process of putting a Green Mountain 20" .920 SS fluted barrel (yes a 10/22 barrel) on the rifle and am switching the 3-9x40mm BSA scope with a Mueller APV 4.5-14x40mmAO.

Same rifle with a customized synthetic stock.

Currently working on this (it won't be plain white when done... it'll be far from it : ) )

#8 ·
Model 60

Here is my Model 60. Still like to do more work to it. I sanded the receiver and barrel and repainted them flat black. I will be replacing the trigger guard because it is cracked, and all new takedown screws because they are a little stripped. I will also keep playing with the trigger to get it down a little more. I will post some target pics next time I go to the range. It only shoots about 3/4 inch at 50 yards, but that is good enough for what I use it for. I would like to mount a bipod on it, but I need one that will still allow me to get to the tube fed magazine. Maybe it could swing back instead of forward? Any suggestions?:Blasting_

#13 ·
Slingshot455,
2 Model 47's!!:bthumb: You win bragging rights!:D

If you will allow me to give some history, to those that may not know how rare those are............

Marlin had a stock offering in 1931. Buy 4 shares for $100 and you could choose a free firearm, as a bonus, from a group of 4 that included the 47. The Model 47 was never a cataloged rifle. It was made special for this stock offering. The "tiger stripe" case coloring was not the traditional Marlin method, but was dipped up and down into liquid cyanide. This was also the only pump that Marlin made that had a checkered stock and forearm.

I bid on a 98% specimen several months ago, but dropped out when it went past $750.

#21 ·
Slingshot455,
2 Model 47's!!:bthumb: You win bragging rights!:D

If you will allow me to give some history, to those that may not know how rare those are............

Marlin had a stock offering in 1931. Buy 4 shares for $100 and you could choose a free firearm, as a bonus, from a group of 4 that included the 47. The Model 47 was never a cataloged rifle. It was made special for this stock offering. The "tiger stripe" case coloring was not the traditional Marlin method, but was dipped up and down into liquid cyanide. This was also the only pump that Marlin made that had a checkered stock and forearm.

I bid on a 98% specimen several months ago, but dropped out when it went past $750.
one of them is on Gun Broker to fund smallbore stuff:(
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/MyAuctions.asp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.