Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Marlin Picture Thread

282K views 679 replies 378 participants last post by  scout22 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and didn't notice a picture thread in the Marlin area. I thought maybe we could start one if you guys have any pics.

#102 · (Edited)
restocked 980S

This is what I did with the factory synthetic stock

Same rifle, except re-barreled and with a target stock and Mueller APV

That'll be used for IR 50/50 this summer, after I am done making a trigger guard (makes 10.5 lb. class)

Currently working on an Anschutz-style silhouette stock.

All four stocks are dual-pillar bedded and glassbedded. I replaced the factory trigger with a Rifle Basix.

25 yards may not be the greatest measure of accuracy, especially when I'll be competing at 50 yards, but this is what the rifle shot when I was quick sighting it in and breaking in the barrel some (had about 30 rounds through it at this point). I shot five rounds (Winchester T22) off an improvised rest (old milk tank) into a used feed sack.

Works pretty well :)

#104 · (Edited)
This is a model 60 from the 80's. I just refinished the stock with 2 coats of Colonial Maple stain, 5 coats of Birchwood Casey Tru Oil, and I tried a different wax and conditioner because of the simply fact that it's easier to find, it is made by Minwax. Boy let me tell you, there is no need to pay the price for the Birchwood's stuff, the Minwax, in my opinion works a little better. This gun will be wearing a Cherry BR stock, and barrel will be fire-lapped, recrowned, and re-blued. She should shoot like new when finished. I will post new pics when completed.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm35/slikbludawgs/apr1501.jpg

Maybe the photobucket pic will come up bigger than the hunt101 did, let's see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.