Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My 39A vs my 336RC

447 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Zack49 
#1 ·
i bought my 1968 336RC from a pawn shop in the mid 80's. this rifle is in excellent condition. the bluing is near flawless & there's nary a knick on the wood. the shop that i bought it at is sadly closed but it always had really clean stock. i never saw a beater in the place. it goes to show that the original owner(s), the pawn shop, & myself know how to handle & care for firearms. the 39A i just bought was a 1 owner rifle that was barely rode but still put away wet. the owner said he hadn't fired it in over 30 years. that's probably what saved it. you can see in my photos ( magazine tube removal thread ) that all things considered it cleaned up nicely. any dings in the wood are probably from being moved around in a closet for 30 years. i'll strip. sand & put an oil finish on it over the winter. as for now it is will be heading to the range this week. i also just ordered a scope rail for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.