Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Barrel Pusher
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AccuTec 10/22 Barrel Pusher Recall Notice

Hey guys, this is sort of a good news/bad news type of thing, so please bear with me.

The bad news. It came to my attention yesterday (Feb 11) that some of AccuTec’s 10/22 Barrel Pusher tools are failing when used to remove particularly tight or ‘stuck’ barrels. An investigation into the problem found that some guide rods had apparently not been heat treated to specifications at the factory and as a result, were too brittle. Thus, under heavy load they are snapping. Nothing dramatic happens, there is simply a little ‘click’ and the rod breaks/cracks where it is threaded into the bar.

Guy’s, I stand behind this product 100%. It comes with a no-nonsense, no-questions-asked lifetime warranty. This particular problem came out of left field – not a single prior production run had shown any signs of this. Under normal circumstances, this tool is virtually bullet proof.

The good news. So here’s where I put my money where my mouth is – If any member/viewer of rimfirecentral purchased one of these tools, return it to me (broken or not) and I will not only replace it with a brand new tool with proper guide rods – but will also include a Brownells gift certificate for $50.00. That means you basically end up with the tool for free. Anyone interested in taking advantage of this offer, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you my mailing address.

For the rest of you guys, all effected tools are off the shelves and will be replaced in about 3 weeks with new ones. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

Sincerely,

Robert
AccuTec LLC
Old 02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
azmbl22
US Air Force Veteran Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Wow - I hadn't seen these before... anxiously awaiting restock at shooters discount!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 PM
D. Manley
US Army Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ingenious device, make one wonder why no one has done it before. For anyone messing with any number of the late vintage "painted in" barrels, the price of one would save a lot of time and grief. Thanks for the post about your product, I think that is a classy response to the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2011, 01:45 PM
scooterbear
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azmbl22 View Post
Wow - I hadn't seen these before... anxiously awaiting restock at shooters discount!
I will post on RFC when the barrel pushers are available again, plus post them on the home page of our web site.

I used one of the recalled barrel pushers yesterday and it removed a tight barrel easily. It is a simple easy to use tool. There will be much less chance of damaging a barrel or receiver with this tool than with other methods of barrel removal and I have tried most methods of barrel removal.

Shooters Discount, Inc.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 PM
scooterbear
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
The AccuTec 10/22 Barrel Pusher tools are available again and at a Special Introductory Price.

The recall issue has been corrected.

http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/ind...productId=1724

Shooters Discount, Inc.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Komitadjie

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Send a message via AIM to Komitadjie
That's a TREMENDOUS idea, why hasn't anyone mentioned this to me before?!

Wow, that's going on my 'GET IT!' list, that'd make stuck or painted-in barrels a breeze.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:16 AM
dynoman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
This is the first I have heard of this. Looks like a good idea.
Just ordered from Shooters Discount.