The Watering Hole 9-21-2020 - Page 21 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 06:07 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

My latest camera came...

It's from the mid 50s or thereabouts.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_9550 Rollei.JPG (94.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-25-2020, 06:26 PM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Watering Hole 9-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
Just do away with schools and save all that money on buildings. [School officials scream when I say that!!!]

Later.
Huh uhh, nope, should never happen. Kids NEED the social interaction that brick and mortar schools provide. Even more when they’re out of school for holidays and summer vacation. My 2¢.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rock N TN; 09-25-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:30 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Yeah, yeah, wide open spaces vs big city. ... Accidents do happen. How far away or how long is it going to take for a first responder to get there. I need 3 minutes or less. Waiting 30 minutes or more can mean life or death.
EMT calls 'round these parts usually involve a helicopter.

Quote:
I need the big city as its what I'm used to. Need everything at my fingertips.

Well, there is that and personal preference counts for everything.

Quote:
...., culture, museums, theater, shopping...
Yeah, yeah. I lived and worked in "the city" for a while and my observation was that people would tick off things like that as bennies to life in the city.... but when I quizzed them on how often they attended cultural events, went to the museum or theatre, etc, I got the deer in the headlights look.

Bit of a tangent here but my former kameradin now neighbor a few miles over used to live on Capitol Hill. When discussing the effects of the covid lockdown, social unrest, etc, on life in that city she observed that life in the city during her stay there was a trade off between the good of living on "the hill" (which would be all those culture, museum, theater, eateries, shopping, etc, etc) with accepting the crowds, the traffic, the sirens, the risk of crime, etc, etc. But the lockdown changed that dynamic. Eateries closed. Museums closed. Theaters closed. In short, none of the good available but still all the bad.... but more of it and worse.

Quote:
One of the reasons why I'm a bit hesitant to move to Florida. Word is the health care is sub par. You would think with all the old people it would be good. But from people I talk to, its so so.
It's all those blue hairs and Q-tips clogging up the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Said goodbye to the Axe and she said she never says goodbye.
"God be with ye" eventually evolved into "goodbye."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
I hope you all have a reunion in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
My latest camera came...
Noyce!
Old 09-25-2020, 07:03 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nothing happened here in the Valley today.

Elsewhere in Va, The Gov,ner and his wife have the virus.

The ground hog I shot at 2 days ago ,has not been seen, its either very hungry or ...
Old 09-25-2020, 07:03 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I did a thing after work today.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:22 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post

It's all those blue hairs and Q-tips clogging up the system.

!
Ha ha, Q-tips!! First time I heard that was in Havasu City, had to ask what it meant. Term for geezers: White hair on top, white sneakers on bottom, white on both ends: Q-tips.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:52 PM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Was thinking Aero Precision LPK just to match the lower. I'm open to suggestions, especially if something is better quality and $$$ are similar. Don't need the real fancy stuff or bug name brand just for the sake of having the big name unless it truly adds quality.
It has been a while since I priced them.
Really depends on the use though as to what trigger to go with.
I am not a big name fan boy, when it's good it's good.
AR15.COM (ARFCOM or BARFCOM) was a good place to buy an LPK at one time.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:58 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Which box is the solar power Don?

Any more gut pain AZ?

Good game but better when Dallas was leading.
.......Al the virtual fan
Old 09-25-2020, 09:18 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Any more gut pain AZ?

No thankfully. It hurt worse than when I got hit by the Volvo.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2020, 09:26 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post

Looks good
Old 09-25-2020, 10:09 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Oh my, picking on old ladies again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post

What the heck is this?

68 and not raining. Way down near the SC border was a county under tornado warning. Radar did support it. Nothing happened. Then severe thunderstorm warning near Fayetteville. Coming to us. Never happened. HUMMM

Off to bed. Nothing on agenda. Wifey and Granddaughter are to go to big mall tomorrow. Me, sleep late I hope. Trim bushes out front. Few other chores. Go to cookout at SisterIL's middle afternoon.

Rock, you sound like a school board member. Or, parents who use the system for babysitting. [joking]

Goodnight Gigi, Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, M92, AZ, Mike, jnyork, Wayne, Rock, COW, zenaca, W8LON, dlong, OldDave, Atonic, Ranger, pans, Brent, Hawkeye, Gerald, Wade, Squirrel, wr, nfcracin, IHMS, Greggie, koonta, Tricks, labratt, RichJ, vinbyr, GP, TinCan, arjay, RonL, OldSwede, JDWIN, dj, 404, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, CMR, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight

note: paying Don back for picking on me a month ago on me not helping him with batteries.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:23 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post

Quote:
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Magenta"]

What the heck is this?
Don's gonna get boombox noise complaints.
G'nite Frank.

Storm's finally here with lotsa noise and rain. Warnings of quarter size hail hopefully won't materialize.

Drat on you Tampa Bay.

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 09-25-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:20 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Irresistible. Timely. Topical. Funny at times where it played to the stereotypes and clichés.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:47 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Ha ha, Q-tips!! First time I heard that was in Havasupai-Walapai-Yavapai, had to ask what it meant. Term for geezers: White hair on top, white sneakers on bottom, white on both ends: Q-tips.
Fixed it for ya.
--

That's a new one on me! Thank's! I wasn't gonna be the first to ask about LPK's either, having nary a clue, but I know now because you were brave enough to ask.
--

Fun filled day of tedium. Woke up rough, didn't sleep worth a hoot, then realized I'd failed to take all of my pills somehow Thursday morning. Get old, get stupid. It happens; I survived in spite ofvit. Bride took an Odyssey load of 'stuff' to the grandson yesterday morning & didn't return until mid afternoon. I was tasked w/loading it up for her. Some ofvit was both heavy and awkward, but I managed, not w/o w/some difficulty.

Afterwards, I waded into a rather large cast fiberglass container that was filled w/shot shell ammunition that was in need of dismantling that I had been in denial of, but adding to.. for a few decades. It was a consortium of reloaded ammunition 'gifted' as well as some of my own making that was less than acceptable; peeled brass, pour crimps, brass so old that it split, reloads where the primer didn't go off, reloads where the wad was cocked, the whole enchilada. There were several hunnert of them & it near gave me a hernia lifting the darn container. It quickly turned into one of those 'in for a penny, in for a pound' kinda deals, but its all done now and I'm proudly wearing a blister in my rt. palm from twisting/turning the hulls in an early version of a Ballistic Products™ dismantling gadget machined from some type of hard white synthetic material that has a replaceable razor blade cutter. Hindsight says I should have worn a glove on that hand. Ouch. I don't recall ever dismantling that many rounds at one sitting before.

So anyway, after that feat was accomplished I decided to load some of the recovered components into 'last right's' Compression Formed AA's that I'd also been sorting thru recently. Loaded a flat [250] of 1oz. skeet loads on a single stage MEC & I'm not done yet on that stash of old hulls, but I'm gaining on it. Not being able to shoot clay targets for several months or shoot planned tournaments, thanks to the CCP's biological attack on our world has put a real hitch in my getalong.

Stopped at dusk to watch a lone male cardinal come in to feed. We've had several hummer's in the back each afternoon this week, mostly emerald's but not all. Grilled a rib-eye for dinner that we split and bride nuke-baked two small Irish tater's for out sides. Conked early & was in the rack by 8. Wide awake now w/6 hrs. of solid rest to my credit. My go and load more ammunition until dawn cracks. Slowly, but surely disposing of old boxes of hulls & bags & cartons of wads and other accumulated junque.

Its going to be another lovely day today. 68° @ 2 A, wind SE 7, RH 84%, 87 for the forecast high under sunny skies. May see low 90's for Sunday's high, then a cold front comes in during the night possibly bringing some rain w/it and will drop Monday's high to 71 before slowly warming again during the week. Nice early fall weather!

Bride has been thinning and relocating some variegated leaved tall bright orange canna's in the back to a couple of dif. places and separating iris clumps that have grown too large in the front and doing the same. Both will give us some added colours that we enjoy w/o the added cost of a nursery trip. Having dat gurl loose w/an empty Odyssey could have resulted in no tellin' whot in the way of plants & stuff. She may have returned loaded anyway. I didn't ask; only know that she didn't ask me for assistance to help unload anything. That was plenty good enough for me.

Drinking a glass of tonic here at 3 A in hopes it helps to alleviate some lower back pains as it is. May have another. Sometimes it helps.
--

That's some fine shooting, Hawkeye!

Yer plan sounds like a fine one to me, TD. Glad the new to you sport is taking hold. W/the facilities nearby that you have access to, you are in a most fortunate situation to take good advantage ofvit.

Nice werk w/the wiring, Don! I'm a big fanboy of heat shrink tubing, dialectic grease & coloured liquid adhesive tape as well when doing some things where exposure to harsh environs or the elements, inclusive of varmints of the rodent sort is concerned.
--

Y'all stay alert, eh!? Ugly times, these.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:56 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:

Any more gut pain AZ?

The grey box on the right, with six leads coming out the bottom. It's telling us that the auxiliary battery currently has 12.9 volts in it. I've set a full charge to be 13.5 volts.

Quote:
. . .

What the heck is this?

. . .
An electrical storage device with duel charging methods, and a fuse panel box.

Awake at 0430 on a Saturday morning when I promised myself I'd sleep in.
Filed under the category of 'How'd that work out for ya?'

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Closed Thread