1416 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Dease

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I'm seriously considering getting a new 1416 D HB but before I commit to buying one I would like to know if plastic parts are used in the construction of these rifles? Sorry but I just hate seeing plastic on a well made firearm. Unfortunately the local gun shop does not stock Anschutz so I would have to order one online. Your comments are appreciated.
Cheers
Old 03-04-2018, 02:45 PM
ayetee
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
The magazine floor plate and the Butt pad are made of plastic. 1416 HB with two stage trigger has a plastic trigger blade but your choice of 1416D has metal trigger blade. Oh yes, the bolt knob is plastic but metal ones are available. That's all I can think of.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In this one photo you'll see all of my upgrades to my 1416 Thumbhole HB.

Peter Fortner Biathlon magazine base's. Love them!!! http://www.nordicmarksman.com/World-...late.html#nogo Discount the price by 25% and buy several to cut down on the shipping.
DIP Industries Bolt Knob. With its longer length, it makes cycling the bolt much faster and smoother. Helped me greatly in shooting the Rapid stages at Appleseeds.
Dip Industries machined, and beautifully blued trigger guard. (Replaced the stamp steel original).
J&P hex head action screws.
Anschutz "semi" two stage trigger.

Here's another choice for mag bases.
https://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/parts.html Scroll down.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 03-04-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Dease

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks guys for all the info. I was worried about a plastic trigger assembly, trigger guard, plastic parts in the bolt, all plastic mags but if it's just the bolt knob and mag bottoms - I can live with that.
Cheers
Old 03-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Mountie
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey Smooth,

I'm looking at the DIP one piece trigger guard for my wifes' 1416 and a new 1416 D HB Thumbhole for myself... what was the install like? Was there any fitting required?

I'm liking the new bolt knob as well!
Old 03-13-2018, 03:11 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (260)
Not to steal Smooth's thunder, but I have a DIP trigger guard in my 1416 (and it is definitely nicely made and a HUGE upgrade from the OE Annie version). It is very easy to install -- take the OE version out and the DIP replacement goes into the same place with a snug but not overly tight fit. And the J&P hex-head action screws are also highly recommended. I still have the original bolt knob, though.

Doug
Old 03-13-2018, 08:01 PM
Mountie
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
Not to steal Smooth's thunder, but I have a DIP trigger guard in my 1416 (and it is definitely nicely made and a HUGE upgrade from the OE Annie version). It is very easy to install -- take the OE version out and the DIP replacement goes into the same place with a snug but not overly tight fit. And the J&P hex-head action screws are also highly recommended. I still have the original bolt knob, though.

Doug
Thanks Doug! When my 1416 comes in, I think I'll order them for both my rifle and my wife's... it looks like a nice upgrade!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:55 PM
mayor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dease View Post
Thanks guys for all the info. I was worried about a plastic trigger assembly, trigger guard, plastic parts in the bolt, all plastic mags but if it's just the bolt knob and mag bottoms - I can live with that.
Cheers
I have the 1416 HB beavertail single trigger, prefer the singe over the 5098 2 stage trigger, the trigger, trigger bow and trigger plate are metal, only plastic is the mag base. What a shooter too, still great groups with the old die hard single trigger.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Fastarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How do these shoot, have you tried them in matches?
Been seeing some HBs new for under a K, and thought about getting my wife one so she can join me and the kids.

Can someone describe or compare the 5098 trigger to a 5018, I know it may not adjust as light, but what about the feel?

Last edited by Fastarget; 03-16-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:48 AM

TPC Rating: 
99% (56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor View Post
I have the 1416 HB beavertail single trigger, prefer the singe over the 5098 2 stage trigger, the trigger, trigger bow and trigger plate are metal, only plastic is the mag base. What a shooter too, still great groups with the old die hard single trigger.
Plastic magazine follower too.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:15 PM
djcnaz01
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayetee View Post
The magazine floor plate and the Butt pad are made of plastic. 1416 HB with two stage trigger has a plastic trigger blade but your choice of 1416D has metal trigger blade. Oh yes, the bolt knob is plastic but metal ones are available. That's all I can think of.
My 1416 HB with 5098 has a "metal" trigger blade. Don't know what type metal, but definitely not plastic... The mag well is also metal.

Mag floor plate and butt pad are plastic. I replaced the plastic bolt knob.

djc