Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

T1X Single Shot Adapter?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  chilly807 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a T1X last week with the intention of using it for PRS matches. I also planned on making single shot adapters for it. I fondled the rifle a little but didn't look real hard at the inner workings. I saw the wire ejector but it didn't dawn on me that it would get in the way when trying to use a single shot adapter.

So yesterday I set to work with my CAD software and 3D printers and developed a very nice looking single shot adapter. It took me a few tries to get one that actually fit and then last night I made one that was pretty much complete with the feed area etc.

My CAD model:

My machine finished making the part late last night. So before going to bed I went out to my work bench where I have the rifle to test it. It was at that point where I realized it's not going to do a whole lot with that wire ejector in the way. I threw a round in the loading port and a round feeds fine but it rides on the ejector and the right side of the adapter. It doesn't even really touch the feed area like it does on the other ones I make. So then I put the factory magazine in the rifle and fed dummy rounds in the chamber the same way. It works great! :D

Now I'm not sure I see the point in proceeding with making a single shot adapter. I don't see a way of avoiding the wire ejector and it feeds just fine by using the magazine. I might revise mine a little to see what I can come up with but I'm not sure I see the point.

This guy on eBay is offering one but I don't see how his could avoid the wire ejector either. Has anyone tried one? I'm almost tempted to buy one just to see but I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tikka-T1x-...340768?hash=item46a9d9e760:g:0dsAAOSwJhZeUpCz

See less See more
#2 ·
T1X single shot adapter

Yes I have one and it works well.

When you insert the cartridge you press down and in and the cartridge rim snaps under the spring and is held in place.

It feeds into the chamber with no problem, I can also catch the rim with my thumb nail and feed the cartridge into the chamber in one smooth motion if I want.

John

#3 ·
Yes I have one and it works well.

When you insert the cartridge you press down and in and the cartridge rim snaps under the spring and is held in place.
Thanks! I figured that out with mine last night. I just need to do a little more tweaking in a couple of other areas and it should work out pretty good

#5 ·
I was surprised by how well it actually works. Although, I haven't really tested thoroughly with live rounds. I partially chambered a few different brands and they seemed like they would feed ok. I think I'm still going to proceed with my single shot adapter for those who want one but I really don't think it's necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.