The Watering Hole 6-29-2020 - Page 8 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:46 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Beat on what looked like an impeller with a 1" pine stick until it broke and no go. Resort owner who uses one to put in his dock posts isn't picking up when called. Slug's probably on the big lake fishing where its much cooler...if there's a breeze.

Pond water temp was 72˚ last nite in case anyone was wondering while this infidel waits his turn to the shower. No its not big enough for one let alone 2 at a time.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:52 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Ah yes, now I remember him saying that too, but I had forced it from my consciousness. It's a sad, strange little world we are living in . . . . . . . .

TOBAL (there oughta be a law)

In a happier vein, I need to get some 45-70 cast bullet goodness finished up, so I can go shoot the new shoulder widow-maker.

Who's Quigley? Pffftttt!
Quigley's bullets on his belt were the wrong size.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2020, 10:00 AM
Gigione
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good Morning All,

Bought a share in a Kentucky derby horse-Authentic. Should be interesting journey.

For PTSD wondering...look up Dr Joe Dispenza. He has done a lot of interesting research on the brain, heart and quantum physics. Very interesting work and results.

Stay cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2020, 10:02 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Big Gretch press conference at 3:00 this afternoon Al.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:21 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigione View Post
Good Morning All,

Bought a share in a Kentucky derby horse-Authentic. Should be interesting journey.

For PTSD wondering...look up Dr Joe Dispenza. He has done a lot of interesting research on the brain, heart and quantum physics. Very interesting work and results.

Stay cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other than just for kicks, is there any a benefit to owning. I'm guessing profit is a long shot.

My wife's uncle owned a race horse. It allowed him to buy insurance, which was the real reason he owned it. OR the real excuse he owned it. That was a good while back when insurance wasn't as bad as now.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:37 AM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Last day in the office, tomorrow working from home and then I'm done. These boys are going to be busy. There have been record retirements the past few months.

Planning on walking out the front door of the building then not looking back.

Time for me to catch some weekday range time.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:41 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
I see that in a lot of flicks, especially big arse rifle rounds on the holsters for pistols.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Big Gretch press conference at 3:00 this afternoon Al.
I hope to be busy elsewhere but the Finn will be hanging on every werd. I'm going with a condensed version vs the long blah blah. She's not really a very good speaker that stumbles over her notes, like she's never seen em before. Lucky I'm not writing em for her.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:46 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Agent Orange GlasStar Plus] sprayed around fence line, neighbor's drive [stone] and etc. al, only got wet once. Spraying straight stream up a cedar tree with some VA Creeper. Picked gardens. 87 and super humid. Partly cloudy is why not hotter.

Austin Mayor on NBC this AM. Gone back to shelter in place. Man made a lot of sense. Opened too soon.

Now inside and rest.

Later.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:52 AM
rgee

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Louis Chevrolet, 1895.

I didn't recognize him without his bow tie ---

RGee
Old 06-30-2020, 11:28 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
85 already, RH 74%, wind S 23 G 35, heat indices 92. heat advisory in effect next coupla days. Air quality is unpleasant, rather than dangerous as it had been. Bored stupid, at the moment. Too hot & windy for productive yard werk or shooting and the ambient temps will see a hunnert beginning tomorrow, which is actually more or less right on time.

Jack took out a young blonde female member of the FS-13 gang earlier. I'd watched him in stealth mode give her a good scare just after 7 this morning. I'd told the bride about it & she got a good laugh as that lightly coloured gal did a 'hands up' & simultaneous double back flip to safety. Jack had been using some of the volunteer sun flower leaves to his advantage and when a wind gust blew the main one aside that young squirrel found herself face to face w/a nightmare.

Later, the bride informed me that Jack had her in his maw ready to make a presentation.
--

Strange dream this morning. Was in a trap shoot-off, not expecting it when my name was called; had to go and get my gun, a 20 ga. SxS pump gun!!?? Got delayed by too many people inside, construction materials stacked everywhere and some transient conversation and missed the shoot-off by the time I got back outside. Woke up wondering where that strange gun had come from. Not going to worry about it. Just fixed a sammich and thinking to take a nap. May load some peestol rounds later.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:37 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
Last day in the office, tomorrow working from home and then I'm done. These boys are going to be busy. There have been record retirements the past few months.

Planning on walking out the front door of the building then not looking back.

Time for me to catch some weekday range time.
Congratulations on your upcoming last day, retirement, and end of werk related stress and frustrations. You've earned retirement.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:40 AM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
85 already, RH 74%, wind S 23 G 35, heat indices 92. heat advisory in effect next coupla days. Air quality is unpleasant, rather than dangerous as it had been. Bored stupid, at the moment. Too hot & windy for productive yard werk or shooting and the ambient temps will see a hunnert beginning tomorrow, which is actually more or less right on time.

Jack took out a young blonde female member of the FS-13 gang earlier. I'd watched him in stealth mode give her a good scare just after 7 this morning. I'd told the bride about it & she got a good laugh as that lightly coloured gal did a 'hands up' & simultaneous double back flip to safety. Jack had been using some of the volunteer sun flower leaves to his advantage and when a wind gust blew the main one aside that young squirrel found herself face to face w/a nightmare.

Later, the bride informed me that Jack had her in his maw ready to make a presentation.
--

Strange dream this morning. Was in a trap shoot-off, not expecting it when my name was called; had to go and get my gun, a 20 ga. SxS pump gun!!?? Got delayed by too many people inside, construction materials stacked everywhere and some transient conversation and missed the shoot-off by the time I got back outside. Woke up wondering where that strange gun had come from. Not going to worry about it. Just fixed a sammich and thinking to take a nap. May load some peestol rounds later.
Way to dream outside the box, wook.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:43 AM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Actually . . . . . .

in my younger years, a colleague of my wife thought I looked like "Magnum" . . . . so there!

I have a friend who has a gun store!!?? How come nobody told me!?

If you mean John Appleton's place in Front Royal, I never met him. We talked once on the phone and may have exchanged an email or two. He was originally from the Syracuse area, so we may have been regional neighbors at some point, since my home town is about an hour from there.
Ok,my bad. I thought you knew him.
Anyway, lots of used target rifles and DBL shotguns. A bunch of Martini,s (SP)
Old 06-30-2020, 11:53 AM
koonta

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Steve M. on dead or alive.
Got 1 1/2" of rain this am, just in time to turn to steam.
Noticed Chevys tires were white, seems like I'd read that was the color if rubber, somewhere.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:53 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Sihler View Post
Ok,my bad. I thought you knew him.
Anyway, lots of used target rifles and DBL shotguns. A bunch of Martini,s (SP)
Don't lose any sleep over it.

I should get my brother to take a trip there and scope things out for me. He's in South Riding?, which I think is near Dulles and not too far away?