Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:23 AM
pbking51
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Suppressors aka Silencers for .22 Sparrow

Good Morning RFC!

I know its all hindsight now, as I have already started the process back in December, but in anticipation of of my September 29th tax stamp due date, I was wondering a little about my suppressor I purchased.

At the time of completing the paperwork, I had a buckmark pistol and a buckmark rifle with threaded barrels. At first I just wanted to be able to put a "hush" on my informal plinking and add a new element to small game season and I know how much fun aquilla colibri ammo is in my bolt guns, so I will most likely be adding a threaded bolt gun to my arenal.

The suppressor of choice I went with was the Silencerco sparrow, due to the simple cleaning procedure and a highly respected company in the industry.

Does anyone have one of these? Thoughts and opinions from Owners or people who have 1st hand experience with them?

Is there a true "first round" pop that i have briefly read about? If so, is it like 50% more than a suppressed shot but still noticeably quieter than unsuppressed?
Old 06-30-2020, 10:25 AM
lonestardiver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You should be pleased with it.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:17 AM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I like mine. on a pistol, it does have a FRP on a pistol/short barrel due to the open design. but you can put some lithium grease in it or a little bit of water and that will stop that. most of my rifles group better with the sparrow on them, vs nothing on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 11:31 AM
pbking51

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem-E View Post
I like mine. on a pistol, it does have a FRP on a pistol/short barrel due to the open design. but you can put some lithium grease in it or a little bit of water and that will stop that. most of my rifles group better with the sparrow on them, vs nothing on them.
MY FRP concern was mainly a concern while hunting with a bolt gun (20-24" Barrel)
will it not be heard when moving through a longer barrel?

If it is greased up, does that mean it will collect residue and need to be cleaned quicker? Will this effect accuracy at all?
Old 06-30-2020, 04:57 PM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
i use mine on my rifles, dry and its silent. dont worry about that. i havent even tried running mine wet, i just deal with the FRP on the pistols. on the bolt guns, dry, the loudest thing with subsonic ammo is when the trigger goes 'click'
Old 06-30-2020, 05:02 PM
pbking51

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem-E View Post
i use mine on my rifles, dry and its silent. dont worry about that. i havent even tried running mine wet, i just deal with the FRP on the pistols. on the bolt guns, dry, the loudest thing with subsonic ammo is when the trigger goes 'click'
As of now the only pistol that would host it is a 7" buckmark...maybe it shouldn't be too bad with the additional length over the standard 4-5"?
Old 06-30-2020, 08:04 PM
OKNARF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
FRP does occur with my SS Sparrow when mounted on my semi auto pistols, using subsonic ammo. It does not really bother me. Might be 10 dB more. I have never noticed any FRP when attached to my bolt action rifles. You will be very pleased with your Sparrow. I hope your wait is brief. Donít overlook standard velocity ammo. It performs well in my Sparrow.